Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-29-2020, 10:32 AM   #76
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Re: Around the NFL week 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I think we can beat Baltimore

(of course I'll be thrilled if we somehow do this)
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-29-2020, 10:49 AM   #77
Redskins247
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
A league source just texted me: "We are shutting Tennessee down until Saturday"
That means no Titans coaches or players can be in the building.

- Russini

Fuck here we go
Damn...and so it begins. Who had Tennessee as the first team with outbreaks...certainly not me. Hopefully the Vikings won't have any cases after their game.
Redskins247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 11:22 AM   #78
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post

(of course I'll be thrilled if we somehow do this)
Ha yes agree.

So I see a run first team, much like Cleveland. We aren’t terrible against the run, but we did wear down 4th quarter do too way too much time on the field and short ones. Keep the Ravens to 2nd and 3rd and longs. I think we can match their WR.

Haskins has to challenge them deep. We have to insert this into the offense...loss of Earl Thomas allows teams to go up top...we just have to do that.

It’s unlikely we will win, I certainly think we can. I think ground grind team plays more to our strengths. But we need Haskins to grow in the system.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 11:23 AM   #79
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Baltimore has a nice OL, RB’s and TE + Jackson (depends on which Jackson shows up) their DL is ok, Calais Campbell is old, Judon is good, they have a good linebacker in the rookie Queen and solid CB’s in Humphrey and Peters.

I think our D is better than theirs and their O is better than ours. As usual containing Jackson is key, a healthy Young would help us. Should be an interesting game, I could see us winning if Haskins plays a good game.
SF I’m with you

He Gets Us
Old 09-29-2020, 11:33 AM   #80
SunnySide
Playmaker

The Tennessee Titans have closed their facilities until Saturday after three players and five team personnel members tested positive for COVID-19, the NFL announced Tuesday.

The eight new positive tests have been confirmed after additional testing, a source told ESPN's Kevin Seifert.

The Titans, citing an "abundance of caution," issued a statement saying they've halted in-person work Tuesday. The Minnesota Vikings, who played the Titans on Sunday, did the same, though the team said there were no positive tests through Tuesday morning.

"Out of the abundance of caution, the organization has decided to work remotely today as we follow NFL protocols related to the COVID-19 virus," the Titans' statement said.
Editor's Picks

Titans OLB coach Bowen in COVID-19 protocol

For the Vikings, league contact tracing identified 48 close contacts with the eight members of the Titans who tested positive, sources told ESPN's Dan Graziano, and the Vikings will not return to their facility until all of their test results are in. Contingency and rescheduling plans are being discussed, sources told ESPN.

The NFL issued a statement saying both the Titans and VIkings are working with the league and the NFLPA and medical officials "to evaluate close contacts, perform additional testing and monitor developments ... with health and safety as our primary consideration."

The Titans were without outside linebackers coach and defensive playcaller Shane Bowen for Sunday's game against the Minnesota Vikings due to the COVID-19 protocol. Bowen was placed in protocol after getting test results back Saturday before the team left for Minnesota.

The team was already without offensive tackle Isaiah Wilson, who was placed into the COVID-19 protocol earlier this month. Coach Mike Vrabel had said he hoped Wilson could return to the practice field this week.

No decision has yet been made about Sunday's game against the Pittsburgh Steelers in Nashville, a source told ESPN.
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...itive-covid-19

I heard on a MNF or Sunday night game that everyone wears these bracelets that detects and logs who you came in close contact to. Pretty cool stuff.

Well .. lets see what happens.
Old 09-29-2020, 11:48 AM   #81
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

The logistics Of travel is the challenge. These fools need to be bubbled up when they out of town.

He Gets Us
Old 09-29-2020, 11:51 AM   #82
MTK
\m/

Countdown to SolidSnake coming in to tell us the end of the NFL is near.
Old 09-29-2020, 12:12 PM   #83
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Around the NFL week 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Countdown to SolidSnake coming in to tell us the end of the NFL is near.

LOL. Sunnyside will set him straight. Those two should have their own thread called “half empty or half full”. Haha.
Im like a combination of both. Im either really excited and optimistic or really pissed off and pessimistic. My brain is fuckin tired!
On a side note as long as the NCAA doesn’t shut it down im happy. Go Canes!
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 12:33 PM   #84
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
LOL. Sunnyside will set him straight. Those two should have their own thread called “half empty or half full”. Haha.
Im like a combination of both. Im either really excited and optimistic or really pissed off and pessimistic. My brain is fuckin tired!
lol Punch ... im actually very negative of the Skins. Before this season I probably picked us to go 4-12, think we have the worst O line in football, worst secondary in football, bottom 5 WR corp and think Haskins will not be a long term starter in this league. After the eagles win when I said our success was not repeatable, our ints were more from luck .. i got called a poor Thanksgiving guest who sticks his dick in the mashed potatoes.

But knowing we will suck, knowing Haskins will struggle, knowing we wont be able to run the ball, knowing OCs will be able to game plan around our front 4 .... allows me to enjoy the small nuggets.

Geron and Wes are not long term solutions (maybe Wes) but me being happy that at least they are identifying their assignment and not get beat .5 seconds after the snap is a win ... bc I thought they would be beat off the snap repeatedly. Im happy to see the O line sometimes push back a DL and seal some lanes. I did not think that was possible.

Low expectations + enjoying the small individual player successes = a good mindstate to have in a dead year.

Now next year, if they dont spend cap on actual starters (LT, CB1, FS, WR2, LB) I will be much harder on them. This year, with covid, new HC and everything .. I understand. Its a lost season before the first snap was taken.

Next year .. lets go. I will have raised expectations.
Old 09-29-2020, 12:56 PM   #85
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Change your username to: Punch SD in the Dick

Cause that's what you did to me all weekend
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 05:38 PM   #86
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Around the NFL week 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
lol Punch ... im actually very negative of the Skins. Before this season I probably picked us to go 4-12, think we have the worst O line in football, worst secondary in football, bottom 5 WR corp and think Haskins will not be a long term starter in this league. After the eagles win when I said our success was not repeatable, our ints were more from luck .. i got called a poor Thanksgiving guest who sticks his dick in the mashed potatoes.

But knowing we will suck, knowing Haskins will struggle, knowing we wont be able to run the ball, knowing OCs will be able to game plan around our front 4 .... allows me to enjoy the small nuggets.

Geron and Wes are not long term solutions (maybe Wes) but me being happy that at least they are identifying their assignment and not get beat .5 seconds after the snap is a win ... bc I thought they would be beat off the snap repeatedly. Im happy to see the O line sometimes push back a DL and seal some lanes. I did not think that was possible.

Low expectations + enjoying the small individual player successes = a good mindstate to have in a dead year.

Now next year, if they dont spend cap on actual starters (LT, CB1, FS, WR2, LB) I will be much harder on them. This year, with covid, new HC and everything .. I understand. Its a lost season before the first snap was taken.

Next year .. lets go. I will have raised expectations.

Agree with all of this. Except sticking your dick in the mashed potatoes. One because i knew the win was fools gold also and two because i love mashed potatoes.
Old 09-29-2020, 05:39 PM   #87
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Change your username to: Punch SD in the Dick

Cause that's what you did to me all weekend

Lol. The only sense i can make of this is you are an FSU fan?
Old 09-29-2020, 05:52 PM   #88
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Lol. The only sense i can make of this is you are an FSU fan?
Correctomundo!
Old 09-29-2020, 05:57 PM   #89
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Correctomundo!

Oh jeez wait I totally knew that. And just remembered you got in the league. Had i known u changed your name to Go Noles i would have changed mine too! The whole time i was like great weekend to be facing off against go noles. Haha. Who I really had myself believing was some old WP poster that I didn’t interact with much. Im an idiot.
So fantasy and college football. Shit man hope your nut sack is ok.
Old 09-29-2020, 06:03 PM   #90
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Oh jeez wait I totally knew that. And just remembered you got in the league. Had i known u changed your name to Go Noles i would have changed mine too! The whole time i was like great weekend to be facing off against go noles. Haha. Who I really had myself believing was some old WP poster that I didn’t interact with much. Im an idiot.
So fantasy and college football. Shit man hope your nut sack is ok.
At this point I'm going for 0-14, or how many ever games count for regular season. Go big or go home. They're still pretty sensitive.