Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Roster analysis: Casey Rabach, Will Montgomery and the future at center

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-25-2010, 11:56 AM   #1
MTK
\m/

Roster analysis: Casey Rabach, Will Montgomery and the future at center

Redskins Insider - Roster analysis: Casey Rabach, Will Montgomery and the future at center

some interesting notes regarding Rabach's contract, and Montgomery's too

Advertisements
Old 11-25-2010, 12:08 PM   #2
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Re: Roster analysis: Casey Rabach, Will Montgomery and the future at center

I hope this team can find an Alex Mack equivalent.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 05:35 PM   #3
diehard
The Starter

I like what I saw with Lichtensteiger, Montgomery, and Heyer inside.
Old 11-25-2010, 05:43 PM   #4
diehard
The Starter

I know when the players hear of information like this, they get angry.
Old 11-26-2010, 11:49 AM   #5
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehard View Post
I like what I saw with Lichtensteiger, Montgomery, and Heyer inside.
Not to take anything away from what the line did last week cause they played good football on the fly last week. But let's see how they do this week against a more physical and larger front 4. IMO if Montgomery was any good he'd be in there over Rabach.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 01:01 PM   #6
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Not to take anything away from what the line did last week cause they played good football on the fly last week. But let's see how they do this week against a more physical and larger front 4. IMO if Montgomery was any good he'd be in there over Rabach.
Phrase it however you choose, but Rabach has gotten run over too many times. When he was forced to leave the field the OL was better. Plus your allowed your opinion but the Titans defense/DL is no push over.

I'm not saying this make shift OL is our future, but it's pass blocking was better then it ever has been and our running game worked better.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 10:01 AM   #7
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
Phrase it however you choose, but Rabach has gotten run over too many times. When he was forced to leave the field the OL was better. Plus your allowed your opinion but the Titans defense/DL is no push over.

I'm not saying this make shift OL is our future, but it's pass blocking was better then it ever has been and our running game worked better.
Agreed.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 12:14 PM   #8
rbanerjee23
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Agreed.
Yeah, Rabach is truly awful -- I don't care how much 'veteran leadership' you bring to the huddle, if you can't play, you shouldn't be on the field. He had a few decent years but since he isn't in the long term plans, get some youngsters in there to start getting some game experience. The Vikings defensive line is pretty good and I'll be interested in seeing how we match up with them.

-Mike Shanahan

HTTR
rbanerjee23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 01:02 PM   #9
warpaint
The Starter

IMO Rabach has lost his confidence that why he keeps steeping on #5 feet he is to eager to get in position it is like he is scared, I say thank you for getting hurt. Now I dont want any to be injured every i dont wish it on any one. The guy hurts this team to much hell there was one game i cant remember but dude was knocked down and looked like he was in the fetal position and #5 was hit and hit hard so say Hasta Luego.
Old 11-27-2010, 09:07 PM   #10
skinsnut
Playmaker

There is no doubt that Rabach is close to done...even us fans can see it....the whole league can too...why else are so many blitzes drawn up right through the center? Montgomery did better than Rabach in my opinion...I am not sold on Lichtenstiger as a stop gap...not sure...but I believe it was Dockery who fared much better grinding out solid run blocking before he got hurt...I do think it was Heyer on the RG at that time too...looked fairly decent....and decent is the best we can strive for this year...I'll take it....but man...did Rabach completely suck this year...his worst ever...bar none
Old 11-29-2010, 11:16 PM   #11
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

I would personally love to see the team use a second round pick on Rodney Hudson (C, Florida State). Scouting report makes him sound like a great fit for this offense. Personally he reminds me of Ryan Kalil who's probably my favorite Center in todays NFL.

Either way I think Center is going to be en vogue this offseason a la LT last offseason.

Rodney Hudson
OFFENSIVE CENTER
SCOUTS GRADE
Grading Scale
1 = EXCEPTIONAL 2 = ABOVE AVERAGE 3 = AVERAGE 4 = BELOW AVERAGE 5 = MARGINAL

Production -1 - 2007: (13/10) Nine starts at left guard, one at left tackle. 2008: (13/13) Starts every game at left guard. 2009: (11/11)

Height-Weight-Speed - 3 - Lacks ideal height but is thickly-built and well-proportioned. Has a lot of sand in his rear yet moves very well on tape.

Durability - 2 - Had a streak of 31 consecutive starts broken by a knee sprain against Wake Forest in 2009.

Intangibles - 1 - A team leader. Leads by example. Hard worker on and off the field.

Pass Protection -1 - Plays with great awareness and communicates well with center and tackle. Plays with a wide base, is a natural knee bender, can sink hips after initial contact and anchor versus powerful bull rushers. Has quick feet and does a nice job of mirroring and sliding. Moves feet after contact and generally plays with very good balance. Does not have explosive initial punch but has adequate upper-body strength and uses hands very well.

Run Blocking -1 - Knows his assignments, does a great job with his first step and takes excellent angles as a run blocker. Almost always in good position, drives his legs after initial contact and works hard to finish. Lacks elite size and strength but consistently gets movement as a run blocker.

Awareness - 1 - Excellent awareness in both pass protection and the run game. Does a great job of passing off defenders before picking up the stunt, twist or delayed blitz. Keeps his head up and on a swivel. Always looking to give extra help.

Toughness - 2 - Is a solid finisher. Great effort. Stamina is outstanding for the position. Mentally and physically tough.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 12:29 AM   #12
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
I hope this team can find an Alex Mack equivalent.
Don't think I don't remember you hyping him up to us two years ago when he was coming out of college SFREDSKIN . But seriously your right, and Rodney Hudson of FSU and Stefan Wisnewski of Penn State are said to be great center/guards. Plus their are other great Centers coming out, including the undersized but smart Thomas Byrd of Boise state, and the TCU Center, Kirkpatrick who was last years remington trophy winner (best center in the country).

And in free agency, I like Lyle Sendeline of the Cardinals, a smart underrated center.
Old 11-30-2010, 12:52 AM   #13
rbanerjee23
The Starter

I think that anyone would be better than Rabach -- If the line is improved across the board (except for Trent Williams of course), the overall quality would be greatly improved.

-Mike Shanahan

HTTR
rbanerjee23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 11:01 AM   #14
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
Don't think I don't remember you hyping him up to us two years ago when he was coming out of college SFREDSKIN
Why do you think Peyton Hillis is having the kind of season he's having. Hm-mm, Joe Thomas at LT and Mack at C.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 12:01 PM   #15
SouperMeister
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
Don't think I don't remember you hyping him up to us two years ago when he was coming out of college SFREDSKIN . But seriously your right, and Rodney Hudson of FSU and Stefan Wisnewski of Penn State are said to be great center/guards. Plus their are other great Centers coming out, including the undersized but smart Thomas Byrd of Boise state, and the TCU Center, Kirkpatrick who was last years remington trophy winner (best center in the country).

And in free agency, I like Lyle Sendeline of the Cardinals, a smart underrated center.
Hudson would be a GREAT fit for the zone blocking scheme. He might be a bit undersized, but there isn't a more athletic interior lineman in the country.
SouperMeister is offline   Reply With Quote