Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Around the League Week 4

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2020, 12:20 PM   #16
irish
Playmaker
 
irish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,176
Re: Around the League Week 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
29 career starts for Darnold and he's still struggling.

10 for Haskins.
The Jets have been a disaster for a long time. If memory serves, Charley Casserly was very high on Darnold coming out of college.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-01-2020, 12:52 PM   #17
SFREDSKIN
MVP
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 12,187
Re: Around the League Week 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
29 career starts for Darnold and he's still struggling.

10 for Haskins.
Look where Darnold ended up? He has talent, if Haskins doesnít pan out and the jets draft Lawrence, I would consider trading for Darnold.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 01:15 PM   #18
MTK
\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 94,413
Re: Around the League Week 4

lol if we're using the Jets as an example of a QB stuck on a bad team why doesn't the same apply to Haskins?
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 01:21 PM   #19
Ruhskins
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 20,173
Re: Around the League Week 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
lol if we're using the Jets as an example of a QB stuck on a bad team why doesn't the same apply to Haskins?
Because...stuff? LOL.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"If you have to debate which of your 3 QBs is your best, you don't have a QB. Say it with me now... it... doesn't... matter." Schneed
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 01:32 PM   #20
MTK
\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 94,413
Re: Around the League Week 4

It's just crazy to me after 3 starts with a new staff people are ready to move on from Haskins. Pure crazy.

Maybe he ends up a bust, who knows? But it's way too early to know how this is going to go.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 02:21 PM   #21
The Skinsinator
Special Teams
 
The Skinsinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Posts: 284
Re: Around the League Week 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
It's just crazy to me after 3 starts with a new staff people are ready to move on from Haskins. Pure crazy.

Maybe he ends up a bust, who knows? But it's way too early to know how this is going to go.
The fundamentals and accuracy haven't improved by year 2. That is an enormous red flag. I really thought it'd be better in 2020 after the reports. Haven't seen it yet and have no reason to believe it will.

If Haskins busts this year, I would consider Darnold next year if Lawrence/Fields aren't in play (doubtful). Darnold's accuracy and fundamentals are superior to Haskins, and I would give him look.

Hope Dwayne comes around. I still maintain this staff will give Allen a real look this year if Haskins continues to struggle. It would be unwise not to if Haskins/the season is a lost cause.
The Skinsinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 02:45 PM   #22
MTK
\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 94,413
Re: Around the League Week 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Skinsinator View Post
The fundamentals and accuracy haven't improved by year 2. That is an enormous red flag. I really thought it'd be better in 2020 after the reports. Haven't seen it yet and have no reason to believe it will.

If Haskins busts this year, I would consider Darnold next year if Lawrence/Fields aren't in play (doubtful). Darnold's accuracy and fundamentals are superior to Haskins, and I would give him look.

Hope Dwayne comes around. I still maintain this staff will give Allen a real look this year if Haskins continues to struggle. It would be unwise not to if Haskins/the season is a lost cause.
A red flag with an asterisk due to the lack of a true offseason with OTA's, IMO.

I don't really see Darnold has being much more advanced especially since he's being coached by a supposed QB guru. Just not a big fan of his.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 02:57 PM   #23
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 26,282
Re: Around the League Week 4

I remember Colin cowherd several years ago jizzin when Rosen and Darnold came out in the draft, saying they would rule the league at QB for year to come....I love seeing both of them suck donkey balls to spite that obnoxious fucker
__________________
The League Done Messed Up
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 04:04 PM   #24
FrenchSkin
Playmaker
 
FrenchSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 2,729
Re: Around the League Week 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
It's just crazy to me after 3 starts with a new staff people are ready to move on from Haskins. Pure crazy.

Maybe he ends up a bust, who knows? But it's way too early to know how this is going to go.
Agreed.

Haskins is in year one and a half IMO, considering how badly coached a team and how toxic a situation he was in.

We one week 1, lost to a very good team week 2 in a game where he didn't do that many mistakes, and lost because of him and the head coach not trying to win week 3. It's way too early to wrap it up.
__________________
Proud Ambassador of the Redskins French Nation
FrenchSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 05:14 PM   #25
rocnrik
The Starter
 
rocnrik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,033
Re: Around the League Week 4

Iíll say it right now we will have the number one pick !! Sam D was selected to pro bowl .. so anyone saying Haskins is on that level is wishing ... anybody here really believe that Darnold would not be a upgrade ... I hope DH somehow miraculously gets it and becomes the guy ... but I say the first 2 drives against Ravens this forum will be calling him out .. yet again
rocnrik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 07:01 PM   #26
The Skinsinator
Special Teams
 
The Skinsinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Posts: 284
Re: Around the League Week 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
A red flag with an asterisk due to the lack of a true offseason with OTA's, IMO.

I don't really see Darnold has being much more advanced especially since he's being coached by a supposed QB guru. Just not a big fan of his.
None of the other qbs had that luxury either. Haskins' completion percentage is low at this point around 56%. He had the entire offseason to improve his fundamentals/accuracy. Not done. I just don't think people are being realistic about how alarming this is. ANY pro qb should have decent fundamentals: footwork, throwing motion, pocket awareness, accuracy etc. Haskins' fundamentals so far in his career have not been good. This is the main reason he struggles. He has the arm/size/emotions. The accuracy is terrible because the fundamentals are flawed.

On Darnold, I don't know what to think of him but you need to realize that if Haskins/Allen don't work out and we don't suck bad enough to get Lawrence/Fields, there will be minimum options available at qb next year. Darnold might not look that bad at that point. His completion percentage for his career is at least in the 60s and have seen him throw some good deep balls.

I'm not ready to give up on Haskins but have been disappointed thus far in 2020. Really thought we'd see improvement. Hope it comes and is consistent.
The Skinsinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 07:13 PM   #27
AnonEmouse
Impact Rookie
 
AnonEmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: UK
Posts: 820
Re: Around the League Week 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Skinsinator View Post
None of the other qbs had that luxury either. Haskins' completion percentage is low at this point around 56%. He had the entire offseason to improve his fundamentals/accuracy.
What offseason? NO OTA's, no mini camp, limited camp and no preseason. Just when was he going to get one on one physical time with a coach and some receivers to improve his mechanics? Zoom meetings aren't gong to get that shit done.
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 09:38 PM   #28
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Posts: 14,704
Re: Around the League Week 4

Even Brett Rypien looks better than Haskins. Lol. And the Jets pass D is not terrible by any means.
__________________
Douche Snyder ruined my Sundays.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 09:42 PM   #29
The Skinsinator
Special Teams
 
The Skinsinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Posts: 284
Re: Around the League Week 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonEmouse View Post
What offseason? NO OTA's, no mini camp, limited camp and no preseason. Just when was he going to get one on one physical time with a coach and some receivers to improve his mechanics? Zoom meetings aren't gong to get that shit done.
This offseason:

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington...gets-offseason

No zoom meeting here. Do you see any other qbs in the league struggling with accuracy as much him? Literally at the bottom of the NFL for qbs who have started all 3 weeks thus far for completion percentage. But keeping making excuses for him. NFL isn't about excuses. NFL is about results. Haskins has the latter only up to this point.
The Skinsinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 09:44 PM   #30
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Buffalo NY
Posts: 28,799
Re: Around the League Week 4

It's easy to look great in shorts and no defenders around.
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site has no official affiliation with the Washington Football Team or the NFL, we're just a bunch of fans talking football
Page generated in 0.14246 seconds with 10 queries