Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Fantasy Football Forums > Fantasy Football

Warpath $$ league needs 4 new owners

Fantasy Football

Old 12-14-2010, 09:12 AM   #46
MTK
\m/

Re: Warpath $$ league needs 4 new owners

2 of my 3 starting WRs put up negative points this week and Lee Evans got hurt and put up a goose egg... and I still won. I'm going down swingin' lol

Advertisements
Old 12-14-2010, 09:15 AM   #47
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

I wasn't in the money league, but this being my first year doing FF, I have got to say it makes the football season more interesting. (Especially with the Skin's season). I saw some heartbreaking swings, like seeing a 10+ point lead disappear in one fell swoop as my D gave up a TD to my opponent's QB/WR combo with about 2 minutes left in the game. I also had some exciting wins. Overall it's a pretty cool thing, and cheers go out to all in the free league.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 10:05 AM   #48
KLHJ2
Inactive

3/4 of my players decided not to show up for the game to get us into the playoffs. Terrible!
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 11:07 AM   #49
Mechanix544
The Starter

Well, its been an interesting season thusfar. Next up for me, the Nittany Drunkards!!!!! I do think that the 4 best teams did make it into the playoffs, according to points for, there really wasn't that big of a disparity between final position and points. Looking at the teams though, I would prolly pick the 4 in the playoffs just looking at who is on each team if I had to pick the best 4 teams right NOW. Although, well, I'll save that observation until after this upcoming week.......
Mechanix544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 09:43 AM   #50
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

During the course of the season, I made 31 roster moves. Looking at my roster, however, my starting playoff squad is pretty much they guys I drafted.

1st: Turner (RB1)
2nd: Brees (QB)
3rd: Colston (WR1)
6th: M. Wallace (WR2)
7th: P. Garcon (WR3)
8th: T. Gonzalez (TE)

My RB2 was Ryan Grant, so I have been switching that constantly trying to get decent one although T. Jones (my 12th Round pick) gave me some quality starts. My bench has P. Harvin (5th - had wanted L. McCoy there but he got snatched two picks before) who was my WR2 or WR3 through most of the year. DEF and K have been in flux all year. Other than Jones, no one I drafted after the 8th round is still on my team.

Worst non-move: I passed on Hillis. Had gone through all the steps and was about click "submit changes" when I decided, "Naw, he's playing for Cleveland - he'll end up sucking, I like ____ better" and canceled the transaction. Can't even remember who it was I liked better - Maybe Tolbert (Who I had and gave up on. Doh!)

Best non-move: Not trading M.Turner, Gonzalez and Brees for Mercedes Lewis, Addai, Driver and P. Manning. Again, had all but finalized the trade but Mechanix wanted to wait a week due to bye's and injuries. All Mechanix had to do was click accept and it would have been a done deal. Bet he's kicking himself on that one!. Thought it over and decided not to go through with it and Turner, finally, catches fire. Truly, I rode Turner to the playoffs. If we had finalized that trade, you could probably right the check to Mechanix now.

How did everybody else's draft hold up over the season?
Old 12-15-2010, 11:05 AM   #51
GhettoDogAllStars
Playmaker

My draft was only average or worse. If it weren't for the waiver wire, I'd be toast. But, that's how it goes -- there's *always* a guy or two who come off the waiver wire in the early season and produce.

Nobody after round 7 is still on my team, and I lost Gore (#1) and Romo (#3). At least Gore lasted close to the end.

I was on a tear when I had Gore and Hillis and Bowe was dominating. Now I've lost Gore and Bowe has quieted down. I really don't like my chances in the playoffs. I feel like I peaked too early. Maybe Vick will carry me?
Old 12-15-2010, 06:27 PM   #52
Mechanix544
The Starter

Well, I cant say that I was lucky, can't say I was unlucky though. I did lose Addai, Driver to injuries, as well as Bush, and Celek to non production, lol. But if there were guys that were on my starting roster that I wouldn't mind losing as much, it would have been them 4 as number 1 2 3 and 4.

My draft was actually pretty good. Welker has been a top 8 or 9 receiver, MJD is leading the league in rushing, and is HOT AS HELL right now, as well as Mercedes Lewis and Brandon Jacobs. Miles Austin it seems is always good for about 8 or 9 points a week, he hasn't really had that HUGE game yet, hopefully he is saving it for these next 2 weeks. Peyton Manning should actually produce fairly well over the next 2 weeks, as they are still in the running for the playoffs, and Manning seems to pull thru in the clutch. To be honest, the way the teams look, I don't think I would take anyone elses team over my own if I had a choice right now. I know anything can happen, but I am liking my chances. This year really has been a load of fun, and i cannot wait until next year, regardless of what happens these next couple weeks.

And Joe, please don't remind me that i didn't take that trade when I could have...............its so not cool.
Mechanix544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 09:59 PM   #53
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanix544 View Post
And Joe, please don't remind me that i didn't take that trade when I could have...............its so not cool.
Sorry. What can I say, almost the dumbest thing I did all year. Looking back, I keep saying to myself "What the f*** was I thinking?!". Ah well, you've still got a hot hand for the last two weeks.