2014 NFL Draft: Rounds 2-3

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 05-10-2014, 10:09 AM   #406
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Re: 2014 NFL Draft: Rounds 2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Well John Keim gave us a thumbs up on ESPN. I figured I wouldnt see a positive comment from anyone.
Pete Prisco of cbssports.com gave our picks good grades, as well.

Advertisements
Old 05-10-2014, 12:31 PM   #407
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

2014 NFL Draft: Rounds 2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfanthru&thru View Post
Hoping the team is taking a look at Exum, Bailey, or McGill as secondary options with the 4th and I'd also be down for seeing De'Anthony Thomas in a skins uniform if he were to fall to our fifth round pick.

Also see everyone talking about Pierre Desir, but don't know enough about him to make an opinion one way or another. And what's up with talks of Shane Skov possibly going undrafted now? He was at one time a borderline first/second day prospect.

Been talking about dion bailey alot on here. I would be very effin happy if we take him tonite. He is a hard hitting versayile safety that has only played the position for two years. I think he has a huge upside.
Edit: Skov had a horrible pre draft process apparently in every way. I know Burficts are far n few between but they exist. I mean some players only look good on the field in game, and thats all i really care about. If he is there in the sixth take him.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 02:00 PM   #408
over the mountain
Playmaker

Re: 2014 NFL Draft: Rounds 2-3

I dont know why I felt like wasting my 15 mins doing this but i wanted to play monday morning quarterback on our 2nd round trade down and see if we missed a potential stud by trading back.

2014 NFL Draft Tracker – NFL.com

^ link for 2nd round results.

we traded out of the 34th for the 47th and 78th (G Spencer Long)

I targeted 4 players that fit the position we drafted (OLB and OL) that were avail btw the 34th and 47th.

(1) 35th pick - G Bitonio (Cleveland)

Named as runner up for Offensive rookie of the year and to All Pro team by PFF. Playing on a solid O line, seems to be a great and versatile lineman for years to come.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...e-of-the-year/

(2) 34th pick - OLB Demarcus Lawrence (cowboys) - fx foot early, did not take a snap until Nov, no real impact until he recorded 2 sacks in 2 playoff games.

Seems to have come on late, hard to tell what he will be but he may be an impact player.

Dallas Cowboys: Demarcus Lawrence and Year No. 2

(3) 40th pick - OLB Van Noy (lions) - his name was mentioned with the skins a lot last year. Early injuries and apparent trouble picking up the playbook cost him.

Will Detroit Lions get more out of Kyle Van Noy in 2015?

(4) G Cyrus kouandjio (bills) - Did not win the RT spot in TC, did nt start a game and is being moved to G for 2015.

Cyrus Kouandjio not wasting any time prepping for 2015

conclusion:

it takes a good 4 years before you can look back on draft and really judge "what ifs".

Drafting tackles in the 2nd to 5th round and moving them to guard seems to be a good blueprint.

In the end, its really just educated guesses. The more guesses you get, the more likely you get one right .. assuming you are competent enough to be able to identify and go after guys who only fit your scheme vs drafting an athlete and worrying about his fit later..
over the mountain is offline   Reply With Quote