Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

With the 5th pick in the draft the Washington Redskins select...

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 04-02-2015, 04:00 PM   #61
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Re: With the 5th pick in the draft the Washington Redskins select...

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Diggs was a disappointment at Maryland. Never lived up to the hype. Has the talent though.

I'd prefer to take Tyler Lockett. Big time production at wr and punt returner. I watched a few K. State games (Baylor, UCLA and TCU) cause I was betting. Could not believe how ridiculous this kid was. Reminds me of a younger Deshawn Jackson except maybe better. He'll go in the mid rounds and it will be a steal.

This is why taking wr's high IMO is a waste. Always can find good value in the later rounds.
Diggs had an inaccurate QB and a piss-poor Offensive Coordinator. He has big play ability. I think he's underrated and will surprise.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-02-2015, 04:05 PM   #62
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
I agree. If it were me, I'd trade down or, lacking a good trade partner, take Fowler. Our hotshot young receiver would have no one to throw to him, as things stand now.

But the WR argument is not as bad as some make it to be. It makes football sense in the salary cap era.
If Fowler were on the board, there is no way I'd trade down. I would take him. I think Fowler will be a stud in the NFL. Also, from what I've read about Fowler, he seems to be just the kind of player SM loves to have on his team.
Old 04-02-2015, 06:33 PM   #63
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
If Scot has Cooper as his highest-rated player without input from Bruce, your argument is a very good one. BPA thinking for the long-term.
Any chance you can set aside your BA hatred for the rest of the offseason. You are a great poster here, and I think everyone here knows your done 50 times over with BA, your sig says it all. But, going forward, let's let the actions speak to the new climate at Redskins Park. If - at the end of this year - BA has proven to be a road block to progress then we can rant together against him, but he's here for this year, and it's just tiring to see the consistent rant.

Just a thought, Thanks for your consideration of the point.
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 06:42 PM   #64
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Any chance you can set aside your BA hatred for the rest of the offseason. You are a great poster here, and I think everyone here knows your done 50 times over with BA, your sig says it all. But, going forward, let's let the actions speak to the new climate at Redskins Park. If - at the end of this year - BA has proven to be a road block to progress then we can rant together against him, but he's here for this year, and it's just tiring to see the consistent rant.

Just a thought, Thanks for your consideration of the point.
I hear your point my friend.

BA already has a five year track record of being a road block to progress. I respectfully offer that your very post shows lack of awareness of this fact, so there is reason for me to bring up the point.

But, since my views are so unpopular, I'll make sure not to mention Bruce.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 07:01 PM   #65
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
I hear your point my friend.

BA already has a five year track record of being a road block to progress. I respectfully offer that your very post shows lack of awareness of this fact, so there is reason for me to bring up the point.

But, since my views are so unpopular, I'll make sure not to mention Bruce.
I just don't think it's that the views are unpopular, I have very little feelings one way or the other if he is here or not. Being the contrarian I am I know that I have sided with him in dialogs with you, but if he were gone I wouldn't be crying. It's mainly that we have the cards we've been dealt for the season, and that does include BA in some vague Presidency role, for better or for worse.
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 07:01 PM   #66
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
Diggs had an inaccurate QB and a piss-poor Offensive Coordinator. He has big play ability. I think he's underrated and will surprise.
I do agree, Diggs does have ability and the QB situation didn't help him. I just think this kid from K State is better.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 07:14 PM   #67
SirLK26
The Starter

^I like their QB as a late rounder.
SirLK26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 07:49 PM   #68
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I do agree, Diggs does have ability and the QB situation didn't help him. I just think this kid from K State is better.
I was just commenting on your point that he was a disappointment. I didn't see him as a disappointment. I think that he wasn't able to express his talent as well as he could have in better circumstances.

I have no idea which of the two WR's you mentioned is better. I'll take your word for it.
Old 04-02-2015, 09:08 PM   #69
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Marcus Mariota I just have a gut feeling
Old 04-03-2015, 01:38 PM   #70
redskinsfan1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
In 2016 Garcon and D. Jax cost ~20M in cap charges. Having a guy who can step in as a WR1 (like Cooper) for 500k makes gives us a lot of flexibility.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
We can draft a wr second, third, or even fourth round. Not to mention, Cooper doesn't have the size to warrant being drafted that high. We got way to many holes on this team to invest the 5th overall into a wr. We got to go pass rusher.
redskinsfan1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 02:31 PM   #71
Kindoy
The Starter

The Fowler Kool-Aid runneth within me
Old 04-03-2015, 05:11 PM   #72
SirLK26
The Starter

I know "draft a receiver at #5" is one of the most popular "out-on-a-limb" statements among Skins fans this offseason, but I would be beyond surprised if it happened. Everyone acts like Scot means purely the most talented player available when he says "BPA", but I don't think that's what he means. He's going to take the most talented player available who also makes the biggest impact. Is that player going to be a receiver when there's such a great group of pass rushers available? If he stays at #5, the answer is almost certainly no.
SirLK26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 02:37 PM   #73
Defensewins
Playmaker

IF they are both there, which one do you take?
I like Beasley's sack totals and 'had at least one sack in eight consecutive games from 2013 (2) to 2014 (6).' That kind of production is hard to beat.
But Fowler's size, strength and kick anyones ass physicality is as close to can't miss as you can get.
I would be happy with either one.

Vic Beasley Biography - Clemson Tigers Official Athletics Site

Dante Fowler, Jr. - 2012 Gator Football Roster - GatorZone.com
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 03:48 PM   #74
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
IF they are both there, which one do you take?
I like Beasley's sack totals and 'had at least one sack in eight consecutive games from 2013 (2) to 2014 (6).' That kind of production is hard to beat.
But Fowler's size, strength and kick anyones ass physicality is as close to can't miss as you can get.
I would be happy with either one.

Vic Beasley Biography - Clemson Tigers Official Athletics Site

Dante Fowler, Jr. - 2012 Gator Football Roster - GatorZone.com
Same height. Weights listed at 235 and 277.

Not saying it can't be done but 235 is not a lot of ham to stop an off tackle run.
DYoungJelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 05:10 PM   #75
Defensewins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DYoungJelly View Post
Same height. Weights listed at 235 and 277.

Not saying it can't be done but 235 is not a lot of ham to stop an off tackle run.
Beasley weighed in at 246 in February NFL Combine. He'll probably be even bigger and stronger by start of Trainning Camp, still months away. Neither of these two (Beasley or Fowler) have ever been man handled much, not sure why any scout brings it up? Probably just trying to invent a possible weakness for two guys that have few weakness', if any.
Our top 2 OLB's Kerrigan & Trent Murphy are not considered quick first step, SPEED pass rushers. We really do not have one, even at DE. So we have a bit of a need there.
Beasley is more of that quick first step edge speed pass rusher than Fowler. Not taking anything away from Fowler who is rated slightly higher than Beasley overall, because Fowler is both a physical beast and can also rush the passer very well like Kerrigan.
But great defenses like Seattle have both speed edge pass rushers and physical set the edge run stopper to compliment each other. We do not have a speed rusher....yet!
I'll be happy with either Beasley or Fowler.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote