Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Pourin' Some Kool-Aid for My Homeys, Redskins Will Beat Dallas

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-12-2007, 09:57 AM   #1
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Pourin' Some Kool-Aid for My Homeys, Redskins Will Beat Dallas

Will we? who knows really. Any given Sunday. But yesterday was so frustrating; there were so many positives we can take from the game (running game is back, the passing game can succeed without Moss, Campbell's growth) but in the end we came out with an L. It sucks, of course it sucks, no fan enjoys losing.

But what's even more frustrating is that it seems we can't even come onto this site, a REDSKINS FAN SITE, to boost our spirits and rally around our team. Instead, we have the usual "Joe must go" "This team is heading in the wrong direction" thread. Sad part is we even get those after wins. You'd think we'd never won a game ever the way some people talk.

So, call me crazy, call this thread 'retarded' all you want, but it's high time we got some more positive vibes going here. Of course, I know there will be those "I'm just being a realist" responses. But the reality is that we're 5-4 and plenty of teams around the NFL are in worse shape than us. And there is a lot to feel good about 9 games into the season. That so few people see that on a Redskins fan site is a shame.

Call it bold, call it stupid. But I'm saying right here right now that the Redskins will be 6-4 after next Sunday. Someone has to think positive, it might as well be me. If we lose, I'll use the infamous Parrot avatar for two weeks. If we win, I'm banning 10 of you for two weeks

I'm about to do a Kool-Aid keg stand, who's with me?
Old 11-12-2007, 10:03 AM   #2
MTK
\m/

Re: Pourin' Some Kool-Aid for My Homeys, Redskins Will Beat Dallas

Dallas is now a must win. The season is on the line, we need this more. The Skins will win, lock it up.

I'll offer up a bet for someone too. If we lose I will take a one week off from posting on the site, other than news articles. And if we win whoever takes my bet has to take a week off.
Old 11-12-2007, 11:35 AM   #3
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Dallas is now a must win. The season is on the line, we need this more. The Skins will win, lock it up.

I'll offer up a bet for someone too. If we lose I will take a one week off from posting on the site, other than news articles. And if we win whoever takes my bet has to take a week off.
C'mon mods. Yesterday was a must win. I like trying to keeping things positive but it's just the way we lose that kills everyone. Always blowing 4th q leads.

You guys are the biggest Kool Aid drinkers I have ever seen. Dallas is simply playing at another level right now. For us to win they are going to have to play a bad game. Plus with all the injuries we have? Not gonna happen

Dallas 34
Wash. 17
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 11:44 AM   #4
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
C'mon mods. Yesterday was a must win. I like trying to keeping things positive but it's just the way we lose that kills everyone. Always blowing 4th q leads.

You guys are the biggest Kool Aid drinkers I have ever seen. Dallas is simply playing at another level right now. For us to win they are going to have to play a bad game. Plus with all the injuries we have? Not gonna happen

Dallas 34
Wash. 17
Are you going to take the bet?
Old 11-12-2007, 01:46 PM   #5
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Are you going to take the bet?
Nope. I'll shut up. I need somewhere to vent when we lose.
Old 11-12-2007, 11:48 AM   #6
Lady Brave
The Starter

Quote:

Dallas 34
Wash. 17
Booo! Penalty on the post. There are plenty of other negative threads to participate in.

I've got my homer cap tightly secured. Bring on the cowgirls! We also need a top 5 reasons to hate dallas thread. 12th man, make it so.
Lady Brave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 11:58 AM   #7
SouperMeister
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Brave View Post
Booo! Penalty on the post. There are plenty of other negative threads to participate in.

I've got my homer cap tightly secured. Bring on the cowgirls! We also need a top 5 reasons to hate dallas thread. 12th man, make it so.
5. Jimmy Johnson's hair
4. Tom Landry's stoicism
3. Hollywood Henderson
2. Roger Staubach
1. Cowboys fans who ONLY come out of the woodwork when their team is good

Honorable Mention: Clint Longley on Thanksgiving
SouperMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 11:54 AM   #8
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:

Dallas 34
Wash. 17
I know who I'm banning first (the Redskins have come back twice after being down at the half this year to win by the way)

This isn't about drinking kool-aid you rat poison guzzler . This is about

-Some damn positivity on a Redskins fan site
-Records out the window when these two teams play each other (Remember 1991?)
-Portis' proving (to the morons who doubted) that his big game against the Jets was no fluke.
-Campbell gaining confidence in himself
-The team gaining confidence in Campbell

It just baffles me how so many people are so sure all the time that the Redskins will lose. Were you sure Manning would throw 6 Ints yesterday? Were you sure the Saints' sudden hot streak would end at the hands of the 0-8 Rams? If you were more power to you.

It won't be easy. No one said it would be. The Cowboys are a very strong team. I just hope the team doesn't have the same quit in them its "harcore fans" do.
Old 11-12-2007, 12:04 PM   #9
SouperMeister
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I know who I'm banning first (the Redskins have come back twice after being down at the half this year to win by the way)
The Skins came back against teams that have a combined 1-17 record. Hardly Earth-shattering. Playing so close to the vest allows even dog teams to give us a game.
SouperMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 12:56 PM   #10
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouperMeister View Post
The Skins came back against teams that have a combined 1-17 record. Hardly Earth-shattering. Playing so close to the vest allows even dog teams to give us a game.
So what? Two of their blown half-time leads were to the Packers and Giants. Combined record of 14-4. No one wants to think of that though I suppose.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:56 PM   #11
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post

This isn't about drinking kool-aid you rat poison guzzler . This is about

-Some damn positivity on a Redskins fan site
-Records out the window when these two teams play each other (Remember 1991?)
-Portis' proving (to the morons who doubted) that his big game against the Jets was no fluke.
-Campbell gaining confidence in himself
-The team gaining confidence in Campbell

It just baffles me how so many people are so sure all the time that the Redskins will lose. Were you sure Manning would throw 6 Ints yesterday? Were you sure the Saints' sudden hot streak would end at the hands of the 0-8 Rams? If you were more power to you.

It won't be easy. No one said it would be. The Cowboys are a very strong team. I just hope the team doesn't have the same quit in them its "harcore fans" do.
Look who we came back against. The 1-8 Jets with the worst defense in the NFL?? It shouldn't have come down to us having to come back against them. We almost lost to Arizona with a one armed QB. We had to go to overtime to beat a winless Miami team. Sorry but it's hard to jump on any bandwagon when this stuff happens.

N.O. does not have a good defense. Even last year they did not have a good defense. Rams are a different team when jackosn is on the field. Plus they have very good skill players.

I don't have quit in me. The injuries are killing us right now. Even if we are healthy Dallas is probably better. I'm just keeping it real and I'm not living in some fantasy world.

Pass the rat poison please.
Old 11-12-2007, 02:05 PM   #12
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Look who we came back against. The 1-8 Jets with the worst defense in the NFL?? It shouldn't have come down to us having to come back against them. We almost lost to Arizona with a one armed QB. We had to go to overtime to beat a winless Miami team. Sorry but it's hard to jump on any bandwagon when this stuff happens.

N.O. does not have a good defense. Even last year they did not have a good defense. Rams are a different team when jackosn is on the field. Plus they have very good skill players.

I don't have quit in me. The injuries are killing us right now. Even if we are healthy Dallas is probably better. I'm just keeping it real and I'm not living in some fantasy world.

Pass the rat poison please.
Well, as I mentioned earlier, look at two of the teams we blew leads against (Packers and Giants).

If it had been the Redskins that lost to the 0-8 Rams yesterday don't even tell me you would say "Well they're a different team with Jackson in there." There's no way you would. You would have said "Look at these poorly coached players losing to an 0-8 team."
Old 11-12-2007, 04:57 PM   #13
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Quote:

I think we'll be lucky to be within 10 points of the boys,I would gladly take that bet and not post for a month! if the skins beat the cowboys,but I'm not going to take it because us getting our asses kicked by the cowboys is not something I would want to gloat about.
Old 11-12-2007, 05:02 PM   #14
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
I think we'll be lucky to be within 10 points of the boys,I would gladly take that bet and not post for a month! if the skins beat the cowboys,but I'm not going to take it because us getting our asses kicked by the cowboys is not something I would want to gloat about.
How about if we take a collection for you not to post for a year!
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 08:33 PM   #15
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
How about if we take a collection for you not to post for a year!

go aqhead,I could use the money,if it would gaurantee a win over the cowboys I would voluntarily not post for a year