Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

Joe Biden - Will he Really be Dem Candidate?

Debating with the enemy

Old 08-08-2020, 07:00 PM   #76
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Re: Joe Biden - Will he Really be Dem Candidate?

Give Mooby and me a weekend with unlimited beer, and hard alcohol of his choice, and I think we could hammer something out in 48 hours.

Congress on both sides are petulant children. If I don't get my way 100% I'll throw a temper tantrum.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-08-2020, 07:27 PM   #77
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Give Mooby and me a weekend with unlimited beer, and hard alcohol of his choice, and I think we could hammer something out in 48 hours.

Congress on both sides are petulant children. If I don't get my way 100% I'll throw a temper tantrum.
Beer for me nowadays, too many times I made an ass out of myself getting sloppy drunk as a teenager and in my 20's, now I just get a sixer of Heineken and settle into a nice buzz so I don't have to wait all night to be sober enough to drive home.

I just don't understand why both sides are unwilling to make enough concessions to hammer out a deal. They both look incompetent in times like these when American lives are at stake.
Old 08-08-2020, 07:38 PM   #78
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Beer for me nowadays, too many times I made an ass out of myself getting sloppy drunk as a teenager and in my 20's, now I just get a sixer of Heineken and settle into a nice buzz so I don't have to wait all night to be sober enough to drive home.

I just don't understand why both sides are unwilling to make enough concessions to hammer out a deal. They both look incompetent in times like these when American lives are at stake.
Just beer works for me. Didn't know your preference.

In terms of what I put in bold, its only getting worse, with no end in sight. And Trump clearly isn't helping, but this started before him.

Specifically to 2020, he is definitely part of the problem, but Congress is at least as bad to me. A bunch of assholes.

We need term limits. I'd agree to damn near anything someone on the left offered if that could become a thing.

DC isn't about doing what's best for all of us, it's about doing what's best for them to get re-elected.
Old 08-08-2020, 07:48 PM   #79
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Just beer works for me. Didn't know your preference.

In terms of what I put in bold, its only getting worse, with no end in sight. And Trump clearly isn't helping, but this started before him.

Specifically to 2020, he is definitely part of the problem, but Congress is at least as bad to me. A bunch of assholes.

We need term limits. I'd agree to damn near anything someone on the left offered if that could become a thing.

DC isn't about doing what's best for all of us, it's about doing what's best for them to get re-elected.
This.

+1 on term limits too. I also think they need to put strict rules on taking any job in any industry you passed legislation on post-Congress career and they need to ban owning stocks. Seems like there's a lot of areas nowadays where they used to go by the honor code on and since nobody follows the honor code anymore the legislation isn't there to keep people from using their position in Congress to enrich themselves.
Old 08-08-2020, 08:00 PM   #80
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
This.

+1 on term limits too. I also think they need to put strict rules on taking any job in any industry you passed legislation on post-Congress career and they need to ban owning stocks. Seems like there's a lot of areas nowadays where they used to go by the honor code on and since nobody follows the honor code anymore the legislation isn't there to keep people from using their position in Congress to enrich themselves.
There isn't 1 word or punctuation mark I disagree with here. This is a huge problem. Vote for things to benefit X company, then outside of office get directly hired by X company or get backwater benefits. Absolutely sickening and disgusting. Get a real fucking job like the people you "represent" have to have to put food on the table.
Old 08-11-2020, 06:06 PM   #81
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
There isn't 1 word or punctuation mark I disagree with here. This is a huge problem. Vote for things to benefit X company, then outside of office get directly hired by X company or get backwater benefits. Absolutely sickening and disgusting. Get a real fucking job like the people you "represent" have to have to put food on the table.
Thanks SD

It's nice to know we agree on some things.
Old 08-11-2020, 06:14 PM   #82
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Kamala Harris? Really?

I understand it, but I don't like it. I understand it in the sense he committed to having a female minority as his VP which limited his options, and Harris made sense because she was the "big" name in a field of candidates where nobody really stood out that much, buuuut...

I don't like it because Harris seems like one of the political types just playing the game. At the debates, she went hard after Biden, but now it's all love today. When she was SF's prosecutor, she was never about legalizing weed or using her unique experience as a female minority to "stand up for the little man" as the articles today put it. But in the debates that's what she was pretending to be. Why can't she just be honest and acknowledge that times have changed and so has her priorities? I really don't believe her or Biden are in it for the little guy, if elected they will just focus on reversing the damage Trump has done (which I'm fine with) and restoring the economy. But I want an administration focused on wealth inequality and getting rid of the loopholes that allow the top 1% to pay less taxes than the rest of us. Let's go back to the 1950's, when the marginal tax rate was 90% and America prospered on the backs of the post-war economy and the top 1% paying their share.
Old 08-11-2020, 06:55 PM   #83
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Biden and Harris. Yuck. That's all I'll say.

Watch your back if you win Biden!!
Old 08-11-2020, 06:59 PM   #84
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Thanks SD

It's nice to know we agree on some things.

There are probably a lot more. I don't trust government anymore than big business. That why I'm for limited government, which no president on any side, cares about anymore. And Congress can't get a dollar it won't spend.

I can't wait for the day after inauguration, I don't care who wins. Just want this year and the election to be over. And this whole year for that matter.
Old 08-11-2020, 07:36 PM   #85
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

I think this is the safe choice

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 04:02 AM   #86
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Hillary "Worst Candidate Ever" Clinton in 2016 and Joe Basement/Kamala "I'll Do Anything for Power" Harris in 2020.

Maybe they really all are on the same team. This ticket is pathetic.

Old 08-12-2020, 10:03 AM   #87
SunnySide
Playmaker

I only know Kamala Harris from her primary debates but I like her.
Old 08-12-2020, 10:08 AM   #88
MTK
\m/

Pence is going to get rolled in the VP debates. Not that it means anything, but it will be entertaining at least.
Old 08-12-2020, 11:53 AM   #89
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Pence is going to get rolled in the VP debates. Not that it means anything, but it will be entertaining at least.
+1,this
Old 08-14-2020, 05:00 PM   #90
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1...536228866.html

Just a theory here, but I'd love to hear opinions. It seems obvious by now that Trump is willing to go to any length to retain the office of POTUS, whether that means dismantling the USPS, pre-emptively setting the stage to declare the results of the election invalid, etc.