Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

News and Notes From a Ravens Fan

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 08-26-2011, 04:16 PM   #16
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: News and Notes From a Ravens Fan

Before yesterday I didn't know how many friends I have that root for the Ravens. They came crawling out of the woodworks yesterday after we lost to them to declare themselves the winner of the beltway rivalry. Alls I can say is that our ones beat their ones yesterday, and that's what matters to me.

Last edited by mooby; 08-26-2011 at 05:29 PM.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-26-2011, 04:44 PM   #17
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
They werent talking smack. They were stating obvious facts. Their explaining their o-line just like we would right now if we had 3 backups on our line. i think youre being overly sensitive... just like some people are whenever someone in the media says something thats not glowingly positive about the skins...

i think you are getting a bit overconfident in our team based on pre-season performance which means nothing. While i am always optomistic, our team has NOT been good at all under snyder. not once. Our two playoff appearances were more about luck than they were about being a truly good time. until we turn that around and become a truly good team (like the ravens have been in recent years), we just need to take our lumps. the redskins have been a joke. I'm 100% confident shanny will eventually turn things around if snyder stays true to his word and gives him the full 5 years on his contract. however, until we actually become a truly good franchise with proven results on the field in the regular season, we have ever reason to be skeptical and so do fans of other teams.
Oh stop with the overly sensitive crap. I'm not over-sensitive at all. I'm just pointing out the excuses that some of these people are going to have when they play the Redskins. You can point out "well it's just preseason" all you want to, but the fact is the third preseason game is pretty much like a regular season game. Heck, we had at least three of our starters out on defense and one we lost early in the game for the whole season. Let's point that out, shall we? So, big deal....now the teams are even.

Whether if you want to admit it or not, this team has improved, and the regular season is going to make a believer out of you.
Old 08-26-2011, 06:53 PM   #18
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy View Post
Oh stop with the overly sensitive crap. I'm not over-sensitive at all. I'm just pointing out the excuses that some of these people are going to have when they play the Redskins. You can point out "well it's just preseason" all you want to, but the fact is the third preseason game is pretty much like a regular season game. Heck, we had at least three of our starters out on defense and one we lost early in the game for the whole season. Let's point that out, shall we? So, big deal....now the teams are even.

Whether if you want to admit it or not, this team has improved, and the regular season is going to make a believer out of you.
Why do you act as if i dont want to admit the team has improved - i flat out said it and that i was confident we were on the path to success. i'm just not a "bipolar" fan who feels i have to jump on on "the sky is falling" or "were gonna win the superbowl" or "im tired of all the haters" bandwagons based on the outcome of a freaking preseason game.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.

Last edited by BigHairedAristocrat; 08-26-2011 at 06:57 PM.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 06:59 PM   #19
ArtMonkDrillz
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy View Post
There's no way this Ravens team is a Super Bowl contender. No way, no how. They can be a consistent playoff team, but not a Super Bowl team.
Agreed, but I work 5 minutes south of Baltimore and, trust me, the majority their fan base is convinced they are. Remember, the ravens never lose because they're out played or the other team is just better, the refs ALWAYS screw them out of wins.
Old 08-26-2011, 07:11 PM   #20
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtMonkDrillz View Post
Agreed, but I work 5 minutes south of Baltimore and, trust me, the majority their fan base is convinced they are. Remember, the ravens never lose because they're out played or the other team is just better, the refs ALWAYS screw them out of wins.
A few years ago (2007), I had a Ravens fan tell me that the League had arranged for the Ravens to lose to NE (you know, the team that went 16-0) so that it would improve the chances of a New York v. Boston Superbowl.

I have said it before and I'll say it again - Baltimore Fans are just Philadelphia Fan wannabees. Just as obnoxious, just not as famous for it.
Old 08-26-2011, 07:15 PM   #21
NLC1054
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Good point. For all their talk about how they got things fixed to deal with the Steelers, we pretty much abused them like the Steelers do.
How many blitz from the secondary did we send? For frak's sake, if we had Landry, Flacco would've been black and blue.

They better replay this tape and hope that Bryan McKinnie is in shape enough to get his butt in gear, cuz Reed Doughty was getting pressure on Flacco in the backfield.
NLC1054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 07:41 PM   #22
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLC1054 View Post
How many blitz from the secondary did we send? For frak's sake, if we had Landry, Flacco would've been black and blue.

They better replay this tape and hope that Bryan McKinnie is in shape enough to get his butt in gear, cuz Reed Doughty was getting pressure on Flacco in the backfield.
... and that should be a scary, scary thought to all Ravens fans. If Doughty can get through, just think what an actual NFL safety could do!

(Don't get me wrong, I like RD, he gives it his all every play ... it's just that his all is, well, just not all that scary).
Old 08-27-2011, 12:39 AM   #23
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Ravens fans can spin things any way they want, fact is deep down they have some cause for concern. Every team has to deal with injuries, and if your backups step in and get exposed, that's not a good thing. And let's not pretend all of our success was due to their couple of backups in there.

Ravens: Ravens' pass defense looks shaky against Redskins - baltimoresun.com

Hightower's touchdown run was the first of the preseason against the Ravens, and they were less than pleased about it.

"We never give up yards running the ball, but the bottom line is when you look at that play, there were so many mistakes just on that one play," said inside linebacker Ray Lewis, who was blocked to the turf. "I think this is just an opportunity for us to always get better. But I really like the way we came out and faced adversity."

Defensive tackle Haloti Ngata said there was no miscommunication on the play.

"It was just more of the D-line getting cut down," he said. "Really, we've got to stay on our feet. If you see that play, I've got two guys on me, and some of us got cut down, so they had that little cut-back area. But I think we did better as the game went on. Hopefully, we can get rid of those mistakes and keep up our progression."
Yeah, I'm with you. The Ravens are in some trouble this year. Maybe a lot of trouble. They really did not look like they would make the postseason if they played a schedule of 16 Washington Redskin teams, no matter how long they had to make adjustments.

I think the Redskins are going to hit a wall at some point this season when teams actually scheme towards their weaknesses. But who knows? Maybe they'll come out more well rounded on the other side. I hope no one is expecting 16-0 based on three preseason games, but the season is long. 4-12 and 10-6 are both reasonable outcomes at this point.
Old 08-27-2011, 02:36 AM   #24
Bucket
Playmaker

I'm leaning more towards a 8-8,9-7, and at best a 10-6 year. Last year I had us at 4-12, 5-11, but we won 6 games.

We have a softer schedule then last year, and we are a stronger team. We have a much improved running game, and it should open up a lot more for the pass when teams start game planning to stop our run game. Jenkins going down is going to hurt us a lot, but I still see our defense getting better every week and towards the end of the year perhaps playing lights out football.

Running the ball, and defense wins game in Dec/Jan and if we stay healthy we could hit that run and pull out 10-6 like a few years ago in Gibbs 2.0
Bucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 03:14 AM   #25
Bucket
Playmaker

Can Chris Neild make the transition to DE? They said he's a smaller and quicker for NT. Maybe he's got the skills and desire to move out to the DE position?
Bucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 08:26 AM   #26
rbanerjee23
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket View Post
I'm leaning more towards a 8-8,9-7, and at best a 10-6 year. Last year I had us at 4-12, 5-11, but we won 6 games.
That's exactly what I think will happen as well - the skins lost a few games by just a few points last year and beat the eventual champs (GB - I know, I know they didn't have Rodgers b/c the defense knocked him out)

8-8 is very doable, we might even sneak into the playoffs with a 9-7 or 10-6 record. Definitely don't think we're going to win only 4 games.

-Mike Shanahan

HTTR
rbanerjee23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 08:36 AM   #27
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

We were 6-10 last season. We lost 6 games by 3 points or less. We have a favorable schedule this season. We have improved the team across the border both in quality, talent and youth. How far-fetched is it that we will have a better record this season?
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 08:42 AM   #28
rbanerjee23
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post
We were 6-10 last season. We lost 6 games by 3 points or less. We have a favorable schedule this season. We have improved the team across the border both in quality, talent and youth. How far-fetched is it that we will have a better record this season?
And we beat Green Bay -- people seem to forget that.

-Mike Shanahan

HTTR
rbanerjee23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 08:54 AM   #29
Brody81
Impact Rookie

Quote:
They werent talking smack. They were stating obvious facts. Their explaining their o-line just like we would right now if we had 3 backups on our line. i think youre being overly sensitive... just like some people are whenever someone in the media says something thats not glowingly positive about the skins...

i think you are getting a bit overconfident in our team based on pre-season performance which means nothing. While i am always optomistic, our team has NOT been good at all under snyder. not once. Our two playoff appearances were more about luck than they were about being a truly good time. until we turn that around and become a truly good team (like the ravens have been in recent years), we just need to take our lumps. the redskins have been a joke. I'm 100% confident shanny will eventually turn things around if snyder stays true to his word and gives him the full 5 years on his contract. however, until we actually become a truly good franchise with proven results on the field in the regular season, we have ever reason to be skeptical and so do fans of other teams.
Dude, Why are you always so negative about our team? 90% of your post are negative. Your new name is GloomyBigHairedAristocrat. I wish you could block certain people on this board.
Brody81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 09:19 AM   #30
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Why do you act as if i dont want to admit the team has improved - i flat out said it and that i was confident we were on the path to success. i'm just not a "bipolar" fan who feels i have to jump on on "the sky is falling" or "were gonna win the superbowl" or "im tired of all the haters" bandwagons based on the outcome of a freaking preseason game.

You're outnumbered here. Nobody else here thinks as negative as you, and nobody shouldn't in order to be called a realist. Stop making excuses to justify being a Debbie-Downer. And please, stop making excuses for Redskins opponents.