Recount Opinions

Debating with the enemy

Old 12-02-2016, 01:45 PM   #61
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Re: Recount Opinions

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
61% disapprove of him now. However i was referring to the entire world,...
A world poll would be more like 85%. They think the guy is bat shit crazy across the pond. Possibly because he is. Lol
I really, truly, do not give one rat's ass what the world thinks of our choices. Same would be true if HC had won.

What I care about is US security and secure trade. Obviously, US's security is increased in a stable world. To the extent our military commitments enhance that, great. However, through our investment in military spending and the commitment of young American men and women to be the "trigger point" for US involvement (the latter be the MUCH more important investment), we end up shouldering the vast majority of risk of instability. To that end, STFU world.

You want a secure world? Pay for it. We do and we have our boys and girls risking their lives on your land so that if folks mess with you, they know they are messing with us.

You want to continue with expensive social welfare policies that are affordable because WE provide you with a stable safe world in which we can all sing kum-by-yah without fear of invasion (again, unless your enemy is willing to kill OUR kids which we have sent to your country to be fodder for stability)? Fine, but you lose the right to bitch when decide that the cost of that investment of blood and money is more than we are willing to pay and not worth the return.

Am I afraid that Trump's midnight tweets will set off Armageddon? Nope.

Am I concerned that Trump's lack of easy predictability in foreign affairs will increase concerns of instability by countries that rely on us to provide stability and that the increased concerns may lead to actual instability? Yes.

... but that is for us to watch and monitor and to, ultimately, balance against our self-interest, expressed through our investment, in world stability. If "the world" is concerned about instability, then don't f'ing put all your eggs in one basket (i.e. American money and blood) and then bitch when the owner of the basket starts wondering if carrying everyone else's eggs is worth keeping its eggs safe as well.

Well, that was very rant like, but the left's "oh me oh my, what do they think of us" attitude towards world opinion is as lacking in nuance as the "Murica!" crowd's world view and just pisses me off.

Advertisements
Old 12-02-2016, 02:05 PM   #62
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
I really, truly, do not give one rat's ass what the world thinks of our choices. Same would be true if HC had won.

What I care about is US security and secure trade. Obviously, US's security is increased in a stable world. To the extent our military commitments enhance that, great. However, through our investment in military spending and the commitment of young American men and women to be the "trigger point" for US involvement (the latter be the MUCH more important investment), we end up shouldering the vast majority of risk of instability. To that end, STFU world.

You want a secure world? Pay for it. We do and we have our boys and girls risking their lives on your land so that if folks mess with you, they know they are messing with us.

You want to continue with expensive social welfare policies that are affordable because WE provide you with a stable safe world in which we can all sing kum-by-yah without fear of invasion (again, unless your enemy is willing to kill OUR kids which we have sent to your country to be fodder for stability)? Fine, but you lose the right to bitch when decide that the cost of that investment of blood and money is more than we are willing to pay and not worth the return.

Am I concerned that Trump's lack of easy predictability in foreign affairs will increase concerns of instability by countries that rely on us to provide stability and that the increased concerns may lead to actual instability? Yes.

... but that is for us to watch and monitor and to, ultimately, balance against our self-interest, expressed through our investment, in world stability. If "the world" is concerned about instability, then don't f'ing put all your eggs in one basket (i.e. American money and blood) and then bitch when the owner of the basket starts wondering if carrying everyone else's eggs is worth keeping its eggs safe as well.

Well, that was very rant like, but the left's "oh me oh my, what do they think of us" attitude towards world opinion is as lacking in nuance as the "Murica!" crowd's world view and just pisses me off.
MURICA!!!

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 02:41 PM   #63
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:

The world right now is the most unstable since the Cuban Nuclear Crisis in my opinion. Obama left it terrible.

Oh by the way, we opened relations with Cuba again this year with zero concessions on our part. The holding of political prisoners, the oppression of the freedom of speech, communication (internet, phone), etc. We told Cuba keep doing what your doing, just let Jay Z and Obama vacation there.

He Gets Us

Last edited by Chico23231; 12-02-2016 at 10:01 PM.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 06:08 PM   #64
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Ugh, no one is upset about people keeping their jobs, it's the false pretenses under which this so called victory is being presented. I'm 100% behind keeping people employed, who the hell would be against that?

He said he was going to stand up to this sort of stuff and punish companies for leaving, instead he's incentivizing them and oh yeah jobs are still leaving.
I didn't say the left was upset, I said they were criticizing Trump (maybe it would have been more accurate to say Trump supporters?).

Trump laid out a lot of conciliatory words in his speech yesterday, and I hope he does more of that, but have you seen any of this on CNN, Yahoo, anywhere?

Quote:
But we are going to be bring our country together, all of our country. We're going to find common ground, and we will get the job done properly. We'll get it done properly.

But to succeed, we must enlist the effort of all Americans.

For too long, Washington has tried to put us in boxes. They separate us by race, by age, by income, by geography, by place of birth. We spend too much time focusing on what divides us. Now is the time to embrace the one thing that truly unites us. You know what that is? America, America. It's America.

Because when America is unified, nothing is beyond our reach. I mean that.

You hear a lot of talk about how we're becoming a globalized world, but the relationships people value in this country are local -- family, city, state, country, they're local. We'll compete in the world.

We're going to seek a truly inclusive society where we support each other, love each other and look out for each other.

We condemn bigotry and prejudice in all of its forms. We denounce all of the hatred and we forcefully reject the language of exclusion and separation. We're gonna come together. We have no choice, we have to -- and it's better -- it's better.

We seek a future where every American child is fully included in the American dream.

Forget all the other stuff, this is the language of unity, and I hope he follows it up with working with local cities to make the inner cities good places for our children, rebuild infrastructure, bring jobs back.

But I don't think I heard ANY news outlets (even Fox) bring these words to the fore front. Instead most of the media tries to find ways to detract from a decent accomplishment with Carrier.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 06:53 PM   #65
MTK
\m/

Recount Opinions

I was watching CNN last night and they commented plenty on what he said, it always makes me laugh when you guys think the media is constantly burying stories.

And forgive me if I think it's maybe too little too late when it comes to trying to strike a conciliatory tone. Let's see him back up those words vs the inflammatory campaign he ran on. Honestly who knows what the hell to believe from this guy, he goes back and forth from sentence to sentence. He ran one of the most divisive campaigns ever, and now we should praise him for his uniting words?
Old 12-02-2016, 07:35 PM   #66
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

I just want him to appoint Ric Flair press secretary so I can die happy

He Gets Us

Last edited by Chico23231; 12-02-2016 at 10:08 PM.
Old 12-03-2016, 09:08 AM   #67
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Punch, What about the 37% of the 18% in the exit polling that have post-graduate degrees and still voted for Trump? are they all mind-controlled zombies too?

(hint the short answer is no)

What polls ??? I never been asked or part of any poll in my life? Where were these polls taken ,not in LA or NY that is for sure or Washington DC.My point id the left or the right can manipulate the polls as much as they want .I ask four guys at a barin Tyson Corner who is the best NFL team and three say the Skins and one says the Cowboys then I can say ...75%(or 100%) of all polled believe the Skins are the best team or I can say 25% of all polled say the Cowboys are the worse?.
With Trump it was where the voters lived not their education but I do believe that most Trump voters agree with Trumps racist and bigoted views.They think the black man didn't do it so we will go back to the White lying business man he made a billion dollars he must know something.I was not a great fan of Hillary's but she is 125% better than Trump and Trump supporters are starting to see just what a clown he is .
Old 12-03-2016, 11:26 AM   #68
MTK
\m/

Such strange times when the likes of Palin and Glen Beck make some sense

Sarah Palin Slams Donald Trump's Carrier Deal as 'Crony Capitalism' | The Huffington Post
Old 12-03-2016, 11:44 AM   #69
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Recount Opinions

Quote:

It is nice that you think all this. It is nice that Trump "says" all this.
What is too bad is that Trump just hired Goldman Sachs to make it happen. Lmao. Good luck with that. Good luck with the precedent he just set by paying Carrier to keep 40% of their work force here. Unsustainable strategy to say the least. Wonder how many other companies are going to threaten Trump now that he just bent over and took it up the ass. Fucking dog and pony show. "Im gonna tell them fuck off and go to Mexico than they are going to pay 35% tax to sell it back to us"! Lmao. He did the exact opposite. And tax incentives is another word for we dont want to get into detail about what exactly we gave them. He will release the details with his tax returns. Lol. Carriers parent company is a huge defense contractor. Everything this guy has done so far should be raising huge red flags.
This is not about left vs right, or republicans vs democrats. This is about a guy who just lied to millions of people to get elected, and is blatantly ,in actions, proving he lied. Yet somehow the Trumpers applaud him and move him one space closer to the "pass messiah and collect 200 dollars " every time he contradicts himself. What has this two bit con artist ever done to get so many people to follow him blind? It is mind numbing.
Change was needed. I do not deny that. He is changing it for the worst. How can you not see that? So far? These appointments and this deal give rise to a new form of putridness.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 12:02 PM   #70
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Recount Opinions

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Such strange times when the likes of Palin and Glen Beck make some sense

Sarah Palin Slams Donald Trump's Carrier Deal as 'Crony Capitalism' | The Huffington Post

I hate that she agrees with me. Lol. Though at this point Id be happy if Satan himself denounced Trumps stupidity.
Old 12-03-2016, 12:26 PM   #71
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Recount Opinions

http://fortune.com/2016/11/30/trump-carrier/

What a joke. But go ahead cheer the savior unless u are a crybaby liberal tree hugging millennial safe space sore loser!
This guy is such a fucking fraud. Straight up embarrassment to our country and the rest of the world. And as a human being yes i do care about the rest of the world and what they think.
Old 12-04-2016, 09:21 AM   #72
MTK
\m/

Truly concerning

Donald Trump's stock in Dakota Access oil pipeline raises concerns - CBS News
Old 12-06-2016, 08:31 PM   #73
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Trump claims credit for $50 billion investment by Japanese firm - Dec. 6, 2016

50 billion? Interesting

He Gets Us
Old 12-06-2016, 11:21 PM   #74
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post

This guy never ever tells the whole story.
Old 12-07-2016, 09:07 AM   #75
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

I found it fascinating that Trump this morning on the Today show stating he and Obama talk regularly on the phone and that Trump activitly seeks the Presidents opinion about issues, assets, the world stage, policy and recommendations on appointments(!!!!!!!!!). that last one is a bit shocking...Trump even admitted Obama had endorsed a person appointments.

Yet, CNN and MSNBC don't have any stories up about this??? wow. People talk bout fake news, but its really about honest and fair coverage. BIGGGGG difference.

The media has financial stake in dividing the country as much as possible. Yet I go out in my community and I get no sense of division. And I live in probably most diverse racial and economically area in the surrounding 100 miles. Its really amazing how off national news organizations are...

He Gets Us