Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum


Mini camp starts tomorrow and.....

Locker Room Main Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2022, 06:49 AM   #1
redskins1
Camp Scrub
 
redskins1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 29
Mini camp starts tomorrow and.....

Terry mclaurin is expected to be a no show at mandatory team practices the last team practice till training camp.. are you starting to get concern about the contract talks Cause I am?
redskins1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-13-2022, 07:35 AM   #2
sdskinsfan2001
Hakuna Matata
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
Age: 39
Posts: 14,620
Re: Mini camp starts tomorrow and.....

If he isn't signed by training camp I'll be concerned.

I have 100% confidence in Terry that he is doing what is needed to get in football shape and will be ready to roll as soon as they figure out a contract.
__________________
https://linktr.ee/summo13

Acts 16:31: Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved.

Last edited by sdskinsfan2001; 06-13-2022 at 07:55 AM.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 07:44 AM   #3
EdmundDorf
The Starter
 
EdmundDorf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: UK, South
Posts: 1,097
Re: Mini camp starts tomorrow and.....

Nicki Jhabvala
@NickiJhabvala

17h
Talks between Commanders & Terry McLaurinís reps have continued, per sources. While thereís been some progress, theyíre still far apart and, as of now (things may change), McLaurin seems unlikely to show for minicamp. He returned to Fla. today to resume training for the season.
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 07:55 AM   #4
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 31,265
Re: Mini camp starts tomorrow and.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by redskins1 View Post
Terry mclaurin is expected to be a no show at mandatory team practices the last team practice till training camp.. are you starting to get concern about the contract talks Cause I am?
Itís officially a problem when itís mandatory team activities. I donít know of the status either
__________________
My pronouns: King/Your ruler

"Jackie are you here? Where's Jackie?"
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 08:11 AM   #5
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Buffalo NY
Age: 35
Posts: 33,468
Re: Mini camp starts tomorrow and.....

This is such a WSH thing to do... LOL The best player on your offense for 3 years now and you haven't paid him yet... UNREAL man
__________________
ďMediocre people donít like high achievers, and high achievers donít like mediocre people.Ē
― Nick Saban
skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 08:22 AM   #6
BaltimoreSkins
Playmaker
 
BaltimoreSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Parkton, MD
Posts: 4,142
Re: Mini camp starts tomorrow and.....

It is only a problem if both parties don't know where the final contract lays. If Washington is undervaluing or Terry is overvaluing it is a problem. My guess it is about contract structure more than the overall amount.

Terry has to do what's best for him. Especially with the way teams discard players so easily.
__________________
Sponsored by OrthoVirginia #winningoffthefield
BaltimoreSkins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 08:28 AM   #7
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 31,265
Re: Mini camp starts tomorrow and.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
This is such a WSH thing to do... LOL The best player on your offense for 3 years now and you haven't paid him yet... UNREAL man
But mean tweets are more of a problem with the front office and Ron
__________________
My pronouns: King/Your ruler

"Jackie are you here? Where's Jackie?"
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 09:56 AM   #8
Chief X_Phackter
Playmaker
 
Chief X_Phackter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lakewood, CO
Posts: 4,252
Re: Mini camp starts tomorrow and.....

While I don't like it - Terry missing mandatory camp - there is obviously precedent for such a move. But like SD said, he'll be ready to roll regardless, because that is who he is.

Not worried. My guess is this will drag on for a bit. Meanwhile journalists will make it out to be more than it is, and before the end of next month they will have reached an agreement.

If he's not suited up for week 1, then it is a problem. Until then, it's just negotiations.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 10:17 AM   #9
Ruhskins
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 21,371
Re: Mini camp starts tomorrow and.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
This is such a WSH thing to do... LOL The best player on your offense for 3 years now and you haven't paid him yet... UNREAL man
The 49ers and Seahawks are going through the same thing with their star WR. It is not just a Washington thing.

That said, as I've said before, this is such an easy win, I don't know how/why the team just can't get it done. Whatever they overpay (in their eyes) for Terry, it will be worth it.
__________________
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 10:42 AM   #10
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 19,355
Re: Mini camp starts tomorrow and.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
The 49ers and Seahawks are going through the same thing with their star WR. It is not just a Washington thing.

That said, as I've said before, this is such an easy win, I don't know how/why the team just can't get it done. Whatever they overpay (in their eyes) for Terry, it will be worth it.
Assuming the cap keeps going up every year, this would be a non-issue next year.

The downside to perpetually waiting is teams like the Jags can fuck up the market by overpaying guys like Christian Kirk. Every time a JAG gets paid the market resets.

Terry's got all the leverage here, he's been the only stud on this offense for 3 years now. Pay the man.
__________________
Hail to the Football Team
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 10:58 AM   #11
Ruhskins
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 21,371
Re: Mini camp starts tomorrow and.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Assuming the cap keeps going up every year, this would be a non-issue next year.

The downside to perpetually waiting is teams like the Jags can fuck up the market by overpaying guys like Christian Kirk. Every time a JAG gets paid the market resets.

Terry's got all the leverage here, he's been the only stud on this offense for 3 years now. Pay the man.
Yup, the Jags really screwed things up by overpaying Kirk.
__________________
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 11:10 AM   #12
sdskinsfan2001
Hakuna Matata
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
Age: 39
Posts: 14,620
Re: Mini camp starts tomorrow and.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
While I don't like it - Terry missing mandatory camp - there is obviously precedent for such a move. But like SD said, he'll be ready to roll regardless, because that is who he is.

Not worried. My guess is this will drag on for a bit. Meanwhile journalists will make it out to be more than it is, and before the end of next month they will have reached an agreement.

If he's not suited up for week 1, then it is a problem. Until then, it's just negotiations.
I believe J.A. signed his contract 1 day before training camp. So we have recent precedent, specifically to our team. So yeah, I'll definitely withhold being worried/pissed/upset. However, if he isn't playing week 1, I will be beyond livid.

At the end of the day, we will franchise tag him (as we should the 1st year), so he is going to be under contract for at least 2 more years here regardless (unless some team offers a huge trade).
__________________
https://linktr.ee/summo13

Acts 16:31: Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 11:20 AM   #13
redskins1
Camp Scrub
 
redskins1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 29
Re: Mini camp starts tomorrow and.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
This is such a WSH thing to do... LOL The best player on your offense for 3 years now and you haven't paid him yet... UNREAL man
I agree...damn
redskins1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 08:07 PM   #14
jamf
Playmaker
 
jamf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: San Diego Ca
Posts: 4,554
Re: Mini camp starts tomorrow and.....

Whatís this football stuff?


Not concerned about McLaurin right now. This is how things are done and there is a cash grab going on. Iím actually surprised he wants to stay and not play out his contract and move on.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 09:14 AM   #15
MTK
\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NY
Age: 49
Posts: 98,062
Re: Mini camp starts tomorrow and.....

As long as he gets in by training camp that's the most important part
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We have no official affiliation with the Washington Commanders or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.17118 seconds with 10 queries