Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum


Brian Robinson Shot multiple times

Locker Room Main Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2022, 01:56 PM   #61
calia
Playmaker
 
calia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Woodside, CA
Age: 54
Posts: 2,899
Re: Brian Robinson Shot multiple times

Unless we want to get into a broader debate about obvious, serious criminal activity that has (at least as of yet) not been met with consequences and the message that sends about condoning lawlessness, we should all stick to discussing football. In fact, that's why I come on to this site -- in part to avoid all the other stuff. So can we stick to football, please?
__________________
"Coach, what do you think of your team's execution?"
"I'm all for it." -- Coach McKay
calia is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-29-2022, 01:56 PM   #62
SunnySide
Playmaker
 
SunnySide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 3,809
Re: Brian Robinson Shot multiple times

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
I'm so happy he is alright. Can't wait to watch you pound the rock this season.
Agreed.

So lucky and fortunate.

We are all gonna be hyped the fuck up when he takes his first snap.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 02:02 PM   #63
Chief X_Phackter
Playmaker
 
Chief X_Phackter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lakewood, CO
Posts: 4,259
Re: Brian Robinson Shot multiple times

Quote:
Originally Posted by calia View Post
Unless we want to get into a broader debate about obvious, serious criminal activity that has (at least as of yet) not been met with consequences and the message that sends about condoning lawlessness, we should all stick to discussing football. In fact, that's why I come on to this site -- in part to avoid all the other stuff. So can we stick to football, please?
To be fair - the title of the thread is "Brian Robinson Shot multiple times", not "Brian Robinson football talk only".

I think it's fine to discuss all aspects of the shooting on here, wherever that discussion may go. Otherwise, just shut it down (Mods), or avoid it (everyone expecting just football talk).
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 02:28 PM   #64
SunnySide
Playmaker
 
SunnySide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 3,809
Re: Brian Robinson Shot multiple times

John Keim
@john_keim

1h
Terry McLaurin described his emotions about what's happened the last couple years, including Haskins' death. "I've benefitted from seeing a therapist... Makes the load a lot lighter when you don't feel like you're carrying it alone." Said a need to always show grace, empathy.

John Keim
@john_keim

3h
Jon Allen: "Whenever someone's life is in danger, it definitely takes football out of the equation. Once we found out he was going to be fine, and being discharged today from what i heard, that was a good sign."

John Keim
@john_keim

3h
Rivera said after they hear from doctors later today, they'll determine whether or not to put Robinson on the non-football injury list. If they do that, he would miss the first four games.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 02:47 PM   #65
calia
Playmaker
 
calia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Woodside, CA
Age: 54
Posts: 2,899
Re: Brian Robinson Shot multiple times

Can we clone Terry McLaurin? Seriously.
__________________
"Coach, what do you think of your team's execution?"
"I'm all for it." -- Coach McKay
calia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 05:57 PM   #66
DynamiteRave
Living Legend
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 35
Posts: 16,744
Re: Brian Robinson Shot multiple times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
8 words and I can tell this fishing fool is a Republican.

As soon as he said the issue isnít guns itís lack of dads in the home I stopped listening.

So anyway, apparently there was a carjacking a block away from where BRJ was shot and they took the ladyís car with the dog in the back seat. Right around the time the shooting happened. Wondering if itís connected.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 06:27 PM   #67
sdskinsfan2001
Hakuna Matata
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
Age: 39
Posts: 14,738
Re: Brian Robinson Shot multiple times

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
As soon as he said the issue isnít guns itís lack of dads in the home I stopped listening.

So anyway, apparently there was a carjacking a block away from where BRJ was shot and they took the ladyís car with the dog in the back seat. Right around the time the shooting happened. Wondering if itís connected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is your argument that fatherless homes don't have anything to do with crime stats? Like no relevance at all?

Doesn't matter if you're white or black or any other color, a boy's odds of not committing crimes is definitely tied into whether or not he has a father figure that is a positive influence on him.

Does that mean boys with fathers don't commit crimes? No. Does that mean all boys without fathers will become criminals? No. Like anything, its not 100%. But there is definitely an overall connection.
__________________
https://linktr.ee/summo13

Acts 16:31: Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 07:29 PM   #68
DynamiteRave
Living Legend
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 35
Posts: 16,744
Re: Brian Robinson Shot multiple times

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Is your argument that fatherless homes don't have anything to do with crime stats? Like no relevance at all?

Doesn't matter if you're white or black or any other color, a boy's odds of not committing crimes is definitely tied into whether or not he has a father figure that is a positive influence on him.

Does that mean boys with fathers don't commit crimes? No. Does that mean all boys without fathers will become criminals? No. Like anything, its not 100%. But there is definitely an overall connection.

Correlation but not causation.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 07:55 PM   #69
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 19,370
Re: Brian Robinson Shot multiple times

I'm trying to walk a tight line here because I don't want to take the focus away from Brian Robinson. I believe there are certain aspects of criminal justice reform that we need - but not punishing violent offenders isn't one of them. If you're violent in conjunction with committing other felonies I don't care if they take a decade off your life - I don't think violence can be reasoned with or talked down from. I'm all for reforming non-violent offenders to lower the recidivism rate. But violent offenders? No love lost.
__________________
Hail to the Football Team
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 08:18 PM   #70
sdskinsfan2001
Hakuna Matata
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
Age: 39
Posts: 14,738
Re: Brian Robinson Shot multiple times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I'm trying to walk a tight line here because I don't want to take the focus away from Brian Robinson. I believe there are certain aspects of criminal justice reform that we need - but not punishing violent offenders isn't one of them. If you're violent in conjunction with committing other felonies I don't care if they take a decade off your life - I don't think violence can be reasoned with or talked down from. I'm all for reforming non-violent offenders to lower the recidivism rate. But violent offenders? No love lost.
I agree with all of this.

And I think we all do care about Robinson the most. But the situation is very easy to slide off from and lose site of that, even if briefly.

Robinson being alright after being shot twice is epic level awesome. Just such a relief for himself and everyone that cares about him. I know we're just fans here, but I absolutely care about all of our players on a personal level too (I'd imagine most of you all feel similarly).

Hail to Robinson! Get well!!
__________________
https://linktr.ee/summo13

Acts 16:31: Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 09:01 PM   #71
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 51
Posts: 19,477
Re: Brian Robinson Shot multiple times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
8 words and I can tell this fishing fool is a Republican.

So many things Id like to say about his ignorant comment but Ill follow my own advice and only wish BR a speedy and full recovery.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 09:06 PM   #72
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 51
Posts: 19,477
Re: Brian Robinson Shot multiple times

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Robinson being alright after being shot twice is epic level awesome.

!!
Lol. Seriously. I have too many beers and im not right the next day. This guy got shot twice. Thatís a mans man!

If he guy balls out at any point in his career here he is automatically an all time favorite. If he plays this year he is literally my hero.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 09:22 PM   #73
sdskinsfan2001
Hakuna Matata
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
Age: 39
Posts: 14,738
Re: Brian Robinson Shot multiple times

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Lol. Seriously. I have too many beers and im not right the next day. This guy got shot twice. Thatís a mans man!

If he guy balls out at any point in his career here he is automatically an all time favorite. If he plays this year he is literally my hero.
He will play this year. Book it. And when he comes back, he's going to have zero respect for defenders. Just straight truck stick.
__________________
https://linktr.ee/summo13

Acts 16:31: Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 09:25 PM   #74
rocnrik
The Starter
 
rocnrik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,740
Re: Brian Robinson Shot multiple times

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
So many things Id like to say about his ignorant comment but Ill follow my own advice and only wish BR a speedy and full recovery.
Iíll say this .. I know plenty of whites that the whole damn family is nothing but drug dealers, thieves, criminals etc etcÖ Iím white and have a lot of friends that are Black,brown,Asian .. straight , gay .. whatever .. the worst folks I know are the white ass meth crack head thieving ass no counts Ö I guess Iím racist towards my own kind .. truth is things is outta control and all of us could be victims at any time Ö there are only two types of people.. good and bad ! We gotta watch out for each other !
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 09:53 PM   #75
Schneed10
A Dude
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 43
Posts: 12,291
Re: Brian Robinson Shot multiple times

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Is your argument that fatherless homes don't have anything to do with crime stats? Like no relevance at all?

Doesn't matter if you're white or black or any other color, a boy's odds of not committing crimes is definitely tied into whether or not he has a father figure that is a positive influence on him.

Does that mean boys with fathers don't commit crimes? No. Does that mean all boys without fathers will become criminals? No. Like anything, its not 100%. But there is definitely an overall connection.
How are you going to fix fatherless families? Fuck sake youíre pissing in the wind.

Just be glad Robinson is going to be alright. On to Week 1.
__________________
God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We have no official affiliation with the Washington Commanders or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.11591 seconds with 10 queries