Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum


Lions postgame

Locker Room Main Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2022, 10:15 PM   #46
sdskinsfan2001
Hakuna Matata
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
Age: 39
Posts: 14,738
Re: Lions postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
You don't see that too much in NFL games. Almost 200 yards is just pathetic. These guys just aren't that good.
But, but, Rivera said our LB room was good!!!
__________________
https://linktr.ee/summo13

Acts 16:31: Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-18-2022, 10:18 PM   #47
sdskinsfan2001
Hakuna Matata
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
Age: 39
Posts: 14,738
Re: Lions postgame

If JDR is the coordinator next week, and he will be, it's just further proof that Rivera is a spineless bum. He just wants yes-men like Snyder does. Snyder controls Rivera then Rivera controls everyone else.
__________________
https://linktr.ee/summo13

Acts 16:31: Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2022, 10:30 PM   #48
skinsfan69
Living Legend
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 16,005
Re: Lions postgame

On the play where Swift scored it was 3rd and 15. Goff threw the ball in the flat, Swift fell down. Where are the defenders?? He fell down, got up and McCain was whiffed. There was no one else to make a play. If you hold them to 3 there it is 25 -15 in the 3rd. That play just make no sense at all. How do you let that happen on a 3rd and 15? I don't think I have seen that, where the back falls down, gets up and runs for a TD. To let that happen you are literally the worst defense in the NFL.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2022, 10:34 PM   #49
sdskinsfan2001
Hakuna Matata
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
Age: 39
Posts: 14,738
Re: Lions postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
On the play where Swift scored it was 3rd and 15. Goff threw the ball in the flat, Swift fell down. Where are the defenders?? He fell down, got up and McCain was whiffed. There was no one else to make a play. If you hold them to 3 there it is 25 -15 in the 3rd. That play just make no sense at all. How do you let that happen on a 3rd and 15? I don't think I have seen that, where the back falls down, gets up and runs for a TD. To let that happen you are literally the worst defense in the NFL.
We will never win shit with Rivera. He was a nice little band-aid for Snyder to throw over the gaping wound, to try and cover his own ass.
__________________
https://linktr.ee/summo13

Acts 16:31: Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2022, 10:59 PM   #50
SFREDSKIN
Gamebreaker
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 13,600
Re: Lions postgame

Things I would do this week:

Cut Jackson, Mayo, McCain, Trai Turner and Bostic

Sign Blake Martinez, Erick Flowers and a veteran DL, play Castro-Fields and Holmes.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2022, 11:09 PM   #51
skinsfan69
Living Legend
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 16,005
Re: Lions postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Things I would do this week:

Cut Jackson, Mayo, McCain, Trai Turner and Bostic

Sign Blake Martinez, Erick Flowers and a veteran DL, play Castro-Fields and Holmes.
The Giants cut Martinez and he is coming off an ACL. Probably not someone I'd be looking to sign. There is a reason he isn't on a team.

There is no way they're cutting Jackson. He makes too much.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2022, 11:10 PM   #52
skinsfan69
Living Legend
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 16,005
Re: Lions postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
We will never win shit with Rivera. He was a nice little band-aid for Snyder to throw over the gaping wound, to try and cover his own ass.
We are stuck w/ Ron.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2022, 11:16 PM   #53
sdskinsfan2001
Hakuna Matata
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
Age: 39
Posts: 14,738
Re: Lions postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
We are stuck w/ Ron.
Until Snyder dies, this is what we will always be. And he's rich as fuck, he could live another 40 years. That piece of shit has a very good chance to out live most of us on this site.
__________________
https://linktr.ee/summo13

Acts 16:31: Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 02:12 AM   #54
EdmundDorf
The Starter
 
EdmundDorf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: UK, South
Posts: 1,097
Re: Lions postgame

As I think we all suspected, Holcomb is not a MLB. We wanted to give the guy a chance to prove it but he is much better (relatively) playing outside.
I don't get the feeling that JDR is getting the personnel or freedom of scheme that he wants, but regardless it is the coaches job to get the guys he has working within their limits. I keep hearing his system is complex, obviously too complex for the players he has. He has more than enough experience to have realised that by now. Many of the best defences in the league have their share of low round draft picks and UDFA, but they have been coached to what their responsibilities are and well placed within their limited skill set to hold those responsibilities down so there are no gaping holes left to run through

I have been avoiding watching the games live, life is too short and nerves too fragile, in hope that I could check out the result afterwards and be pleasantly surprised or at least reassured I didn't just waste another 3 hours of my life on this team. Getting hard to be enthused by them.
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 04:34 AM   #55
AnonEmouse
The Starter
 
AnonEmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: UK
Age: 56
Posts: 1,698
Re: Lions postgame

I've never been an impatient "sack the coach" after a few games kind of guy. But I'm saying sack JDR now. It's not too late to turn this D into something competent, but JDR isn't going to get that done. If Rivera wants to keep his job, he has to see that this season rests on how the D plays, and probably his job rests on the same. He's improved the O dramatically already. With more high picks spent on the D in the last few years, why can't he fix that?
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 04:50 AM   #56
FrenchSkin
Playmaker
 
FrenchSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Yokohama, Japan
Posts: 4,096
Re: Lions postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
On the play where Swift scored it was 3rd and 15. Goff threw the ball in the flat, Swift fell down. Where are the defenders?? He fell down, got up and McCain was whiffed. There was no one else to make a play. If you hold them to 3 there it is 25 -15 in the 3rd. That play just make no sense at all. How do you let that happen on a 3rd and 15? I don't think I have seen that, where the back falls down, gets up and runs for a TD. To let that happen you are literally the worst defense in the NFL.
Agreed, that play drove me nuts. Another utterly bad angle and missed tackle by McCain... the man sucks, I don't know what I'm missing with him...
__________________
Derz Ambassaderz in the Land of the Rising Sun. Oui Monsieur.
FrenchSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 06:27 AM   #57
irish
Playmaker
 
irish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,500
Re: Lions postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
We will never win shit with Rivera. He was a nice little band-aid for Snyder to throw over the gaping wound, to try and cover his own ass.
Well said.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 06:44 AM   #58
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 31,298
Re: Lions postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmundDorf View Post
As I think we all suspected, Holcomb is not a MLB. We wanted to give the guy a chance to prove it but he is much better (relatively) playing outside.
I don't get the feeling that JDR is getting the personnel or freedom of scheme that he wants, but regardless it is the coaches job to get the guys he has working within their limits. I keep hearing his system is complex, obviously too complex for the players he has. He has more than enough experience to have realised that by now. Many of the best defences in the league have their share of low round draft picks and UDFA, but they have been coached to what their responsibilities are and well placed within their limited skill set to hold those responsibilities down so there are no gaping holes left to run through

I have been avoiding watching the games live, life is too short and nerves too fragile, in hope that I could check out the result afterwards and be pleasantly surprised or at least reassured I didn't just waste another 3 hours of my life on this team. Getting hard to be enthused by them.
Yup, what they did was draft Davis to play MLB…he failed so they moved Holcomb to middle and put Davis in his spot. So Holcomb is out of his best use.

If you make a mistake in drafting Davis you shouldn’t exacerbate it…but they have by square holing Holcomb

Sign a real MLB Martinez…cut Mayo and let Davis and Holcomb play the other LB spots.
__________________
My pronouns: King/Your ruler

"Jackie are you here? Where's Jackie?"
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 07:33 AM   #59
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Buffalo NY
Age: 35
Posts: 33,527
Re: Lions postgame

When kurl comes back McCain should shit his ass down somewhere. That dude is so bad. I only got to see the 4th Qtr yesterday and it was enough to see why we lost.

Where was our DL???

We can’t stop the run or the pass.

This is a major issue and it’s not going to be fixed unless JDR is gone
__________________
“Mediocre people don’t like high achievers, and high achievers don’t like mediocre people.”
― Nick Saban
skinsfaninok is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 07:45 AM   #60
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl
 
KI Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Jacksonville, Forida
Posts: 5,844
Re: Lions postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
When kurl comes back McCain should shit his ass down somewhere. That dude is so bad. I only got to see the 4th Qtr yesterday and it was enough to see why we lost.

Where was our DL???

We can’t stop the run or the pass.

This is a major issue and it’s not going to be fixed unless JDR is gone
One of them is in Buffalo.
__________________
Take a Wild Ride with Wentz!
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We have no official affiliation with the Washington Commanders or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.21222 seconds with 10 queries