Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Official Redskins Free Agency Thread 2013 Part II

Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2013, 06:53 PM   #796
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Re: Official Redskins Free Agency Thread 2013 Part II

He had 1.5 sacks against the giants in the opener and then .5 in the second game and 0 for the rest of the next 14 games.

We clearly saw very different players. I saw a guy who had decent, not great push and was very good in a small area but was simply not mobile, didn't shoot gaps and was not particularly athletic. When I watched, I saw very little "movable" about him. I had watched clips of his college play and his pro play looked very similar to those clips.

Not saying you didn't see what you saw, but I really liked him coming out and was watching him close every time I could.

Advertisements
Old 04-14-2013, 10:35 PM   #797
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

I have neighbors that moved here from VA about a year ago. The woman is a skins fan and the dude is a panthers fan, but he literally hates the redskins, born and raised in VA and hates them. He said there are more Dallas fans in DC than skins fans. Why is it that the skins don't get much love back home? Is it Dan? I'm just curious, now it kinda makes sense to not have a true home field advantage.
Old 04-15-2013, 12:00 AM   #798
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
I have neighbors that moved here from VA about a year ago. The woman is a skins fan and the dude is a panthers fan, but he literally hates the redskins, born and raised in VA and hates them. He said there are more Dallas fans in DC than skins fans. Why is it that the skins don't get much love back home? Is it Dan? I'm just curious, now it kinda makes sense to not have a true home field advantage.
For one, your friend who hates the skins is wrong.

Maybe he thinks theres more cowboys fans, but that may stick out to him because he isn't looking for skins fans.

Theres cowboys fans here, don't get me wrong. But they really are the people who A) hate seeing a majority of people around them being overly happy or overly sad for 16 weeks, so they want to be different (whether to annoy or just be different or both) or B) the people who were once redskin fans but since snyder came and all those bad years, they just want to pick a new team and Dallas is not just their 'old' teams rival but their games get shown constantly here in the DMV

Now why they're aren't a few less cowboys fans and a few more Ravens fans, I don't know.

And yes, Dan Snyder has a lot to do with the reason our franchise went down the crapper for many years and causing redskin fans to turn in their fan cards.
Old 04-15-2013, 12:12 AM   #799
artmonkforhallofamein07
Pro Bowl

I have been a Redskins fan for years. When I lived up there there were a ton of fans. Yes there are cowboy fans, but the majority is still Skins. The season ticket holders are from all over the DMV and there are a bunch in WV.

If the team is competitive like it was this year there will be more games that look like the Dallas game and the playoff game. People who have turned in thier fan cards will be rushing back.

The team is set to have a big hometown advantage again with III in the building. Trust me the fans want to go to the games but when you are terrible for years at at a time people don't want to spend the jack to go and watch them lose or to watch a 17-13 game.

I go but I also don't get to go to every home game so when there is a chance I am going to go.
Old 04-15-2013, 01:21 AM   #800
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
He had 1.5 sacks against the giants in the opener and then .5 in the second game and 0 for the rest of the next 14 games.

We clearly saw very different players. I saw a guy who had decent, not great push and was very good in a small area but was simply not mobile, didn't shoot gaps and was not particularly athletic. When I watched, I saw very little "movable" about him. I had watched clips of his college play and his pro play looked very similar to those clips.

Not saying you didn't see what you saw, but I really liked him coming out and was watching him close every time I could.
...and what else is new around here
Old 04-15-2013, 06:52 AM   #801
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Good answers CB and AMHOF. I was just wondering if what he was saying was true or if he's just a hater, seems like he just hates on them.
Old 04-15-2013, 08:52 AM   #802
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post

Here's a draft profile on Nield, I would have to agree he's not really known as a pass rusher. One good game does not make you a sack master.

Quote:
Strengths: Fire hydrant run-stuffing nose tackle. Keep leverage against double teams near the line of scrimmage. Keeps his hands active to keep his man off-balance or in case he needs to disengage. Provides a punch when one-on-one. Good hustle to the sideline once the play goes toward the hashes. Slides feet into either "A" gap while engaged while following the ball off the snap. Big East Academic All-Star.

Weaknesses: Lacks typical bulk of NFL nose tackles. Very average athlete, lacks change of direction ability to make a lot of plays outside the box. Does not provide much pass rush beyond occasional pressure. Not dominant with his bull rush, slowly moves his target backwards with effort and leverage. Slow to twist inside.

--Chad Reuter

Chris Neild, West Virginia, NFL Draft - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com
Old 04-15-2013, 09:05 AM   #803
Paintrain
Pro Bowl

Quick Redskins related personal note.. Yesterday I was out at breakfast after church in Miami and Andre Johnson (Texans WR) walks in and greets someone at our table. Dude is huge. I immediately forgave Reed Doughty for week 2 vs. the Texans in 2010. Enjoy your week..

I'm not dead but this team is dead to me...but now that McCloughan is here they may have new life!

Jay Gruden = Zorny McSpurrier
Kirk Cousins = Next Grossman
Old 04-15-2013, 10:15 AM   #804
artmonkforhallofamein07
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Good answers CB and AMHOF. I was just wondering if what he was saying was true or if he's just a hater, seems like he just hates on them.
I would say a little truth with alot of hate.