Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Playoff hunt!

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Will the Redskins make the playoffs?
Yes 26 49.06%
No 27 50.94%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-20-2016, 09:54 AM   #61
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: Playoff hunt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLK26 View Post
Not as down on this team as some. This was probably the worst game of the year, they'll bounce back
Sure they might bounce back next week, but we are in the position of needing a lot of help from other crappy teams to get back in. Even if this does make the playoffs we have too many holes, and we will get exposed. We've had some good luck this year so it might go longer than I think but this isn't one of those teams that does one thing so well enough it can beat anyone it faces.

Advertisements
Old 12-20-2016, 11:47 AM   #62
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Speaking of luck, Daseal and I argue about this all the time, but is it just me or do we get absolutely ravaged by injuries year in and year out? I mean the only years we're healthy we have shit talent.
Old 12-20-2016, 01:09 PM   #63
PorkSkins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Sure they might bounce back next week, but we are in the position of needing a lot of help from other crappy teams to get back in. Even if this does make the playoffs we have too many holes, and we will get exposed. We've had some good luck this year so it might go longer than I think but this isn't one of those teams that does one thing so well enough it can beat anyone it faces.
New Orleans isn't good, but I don't consider them crappy, either. They're offense is still formidable. Frankly, I think they have an excellent chance of beating the Bucs on Saturday.

Minnesota has gone to the toilet, so I don't see them beating Green Bay. Green Bay going to Detroit in the final week of the season is probably a toss up game. But, being it's in Detroit, then I'll certainly give the Lions more than a puncher's chance.

Detroit could also lose out, as they're facing Dallas (on the road) and Green Bay (at home).

IMO, the Redskins will get their opportunity at redemption. They could also be facing the Giants who won't have anything to play for in the final week. If the Giants beat the Eagles, then they're in. The only thing that could affect what Giants team we see in the final week is based on them losing to the Eagles or a win against the Eagles and a Cowboys loss versus the Lions.

The latter would mean the Giants will have a chance at a divisional title. Still several scenarios on the table. We just have to do our part, as I sense the Bucs and Packers are gonna slip up.

Finally, I'm always of fan of seeing my team play in the postseason. I don't care about having massive holes in the team. I just wanna see them play, and being in the postseason is always fun. Not to mention, it makes the playoffs that much more interesting when your team is participating.
PorkSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 06:04 PM   #64
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

New York Giants fined $150K, McAdoo $50K for walkie use

"Sources say the Rog gave John Mara a pat on the back and a stern ""hey bud, don't do that again, mmmkay?"""
Old 12-20-2016, 06:06 PM   #65
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:

Not a whole lot of help, and not from crappy teams. If Detroit loses out we are in. They play Dallas and GB. Or TB and GB both drop one.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 08:01 PM   #66
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Not a whole lot of help, and not from crappy teams. If Detroit loses out we are in. They play Dallas and GB. Or TB and GB both drop one.
You can go ahead and keep track of all scenarios, I'm just gonna root for a W next week. If your team can't get up to grab the last wildcard spot against a mediocre team on national television I can't expect them to do anything right.
Old 12-20-2016, 08:25 PM   #67
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Quote:
You can go ahead and keep track of all scenarios, I'm just gonna root for a W next week. If your team can't get up to grab the last wildcard spot against a mediocre team on national television I can't expect them to do anything right.
I'm with you Buddy. Hope we come out and destroy the bears. It has all the makings of the classic trap game.

The bears could humiliate us too, it could be a bad night...
Old 12-20-2016, 08:32 PM   #68
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Everytime I see the thread title I think of this game and now I think of this when folks suggest playoffs:

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 08:54 PM   #69
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
I'm with you Buddy. Hope we come out and destroy the bears. It has all the makings of the classic trap game.

The bears could humiliate us too, it could be a bad night...
Sorry SS, you're in a world of your own on that one. Even I'm not that hopeless.
Old 12-20-2016, 10:15 PM   #70
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
I think GB wins the north and TB losses to NO this week. The tie will help us get in over DET
Old 12-20-2016, 10:50 PM   #71
calia
Playmaker

Playoffs? Playoffs? I am just hoping we can win a damn game. Playoffs. (Sorry, had to channel my Jim Mora there).

Seriously, after that dispiriting effort last night, we should just be hoping to see a competitive team on Saturday (thanks for the very short week, NFL). We got manhandled by the Panthers -- absolutely pushed around in our own house. It was embarrassing. Stewart just ran right through our defense -- that was some of the worst tackling I can recall.

If they do not come out and stick it to the Bears -- in the first quarter -- it's going to be really hard to stomach.
Old 12-23-2016, 10:50 AM   #72
SirLK26
The Starter

Rooting guide for tomorrow: Vikings over Packers, Cowboys over Lions, Saints over Bucs, and Panthers over Falcons

To get in with two wins, we need GB to lose one OR Detroit lose two, PLUS Tampa lose one OR Atlanta lose two

There are some scenarios where we get in with another loss but they're not worth exploring
SirLK26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 01:43 PM   #73
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

it's been 3 weeks of other teams not doing the Skins any favors, and the Skins not taking charge of it. I don't expect that to change. Skins cynic prediction for the weekend:
Detroit over Dallas, Dallas rests its starters in the second half
GB over Minnesota
TB over NO
Atlanta over Carolina

We of course will blow out Chicago on Saturday, building our hope over the weekend for the monday night result.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 03:14 PM   #74
FlyerSkin

We are not a big box office draw as a result of our lack of killer extinct. Also, with so many more complete teams in the hunt, we are in trouble! !!!
FlyerSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 03:18 PM   #75
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyerSkin View Post
We are not a big box office draw as a result of our lack of killer extinct. Also, with so many more complete teams in the hunt, we are in trouble! !!!
that is really my only issue with Gruden. I don't think he has a killer instinct bone in his body.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote