Locker Room Main Forum

Old 01-01-2017, 09:16 PM   #16
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Off season begins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin Walton View Post
Calais Campbell is a FA this year.
Hes 30 years old but I would plug him in over any of our current guys.
For a 3 years deal I'd take him

Advertisements
Old 01-01-2017, 09:17 PM   #17
rocnrik
Playmaker

The strength of this team is the offense yet We could not score 14 points in a playoff game?? how many would have bet huge money on the skins if told Giants would only score 13 points. The offense was the failure ..we knew the D was flawed..trouble is this offense is going to lose DJAX ..so are we to pay cousins 25 million to have this type of results? Look if we got beat today 31-30 i would say we put up enough to win..but 10 points?? I gotta believe there are a lot of average QB's That could do what cousins did today..YES he has played lights out at times but his red zone skills are not very good and he can't seem to break out of the BIG GAME screw ups..just not overly confidence that we need to hook the team up with him long term..maybe franchise one more year? Anybody think That any of the coaches are to blame? How the heck can this team continue to come out flat in big games. at this point i really don't see a huge light at the end of tunnel..I see a average head coach with a bad defense a huge decision to be made at QB and play calling/scheme very suspect..yes we are better than we were a few years ago BUT at some point we gotta take the next big step I just hope it is forward.
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 09:19 PM   #18
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
DT
Lb
SS

Are all big needs but we have money to spend so that helps
Cravens is starting strong safety next year...his natural position. I'd like us to draft a mid round pick at free safety.

If you spend money, you probably invest it on the dline. And I would also sign a left guard...several real nice options in free agency.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 09:20 PM   #19
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
The strength of this team is the offense yet We could not score 14 points in a playoff game?? how many would have bet huge money on the skins if told Giants would only score 13 points. The offense was the failure ..we knew the D was flawed..trouble is this offense is going to lose DJAX ..so are we to pay cousins 25 million to have this type of results? Look if we got beat today 31-30 i would say we put up enough to win..but 10 points?? I gotta believe there are a lot of average QB's That could do what cousins did today..YES he has played lights out at times but his red zone skills are not very good and he can't seem to break out of the BIG GAME screw ups..just not overly confidence that we need to hook the team up with him long term..maybe franchise one more year? Anybody think That any of the coaches are to blame? How the heck can this team continue to come out flat in big games. at this point i really don't see a huge light at the end of tunnel..I see a average head coach with a bad defense a huge decision to be made at QB and play calling/scheme very suspect..yes we are better than we were a few years ago BUT at some point we gotta take the next big step I just hope it is forward.
Kirk has proven he's a good QB, 2 years means no flukes. Today he was not very good, the last INT looked horrible on him. Let's hope he continues to learn and get better.
Old 01-01-2017, 09:21 PM   #20
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irrefutable View Post
I agree, what would the price be for him and Baker ? $15 million ?
Estimated per year for short is 18 million alone.

He Gets Us
Old 01-01-2017, 09:22 PM   #21
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Estimated per year for short is 18 million alone.
Scot isn't gonna break the bank. He's smart. We'll upgrade the D but not with a ton of big deals.
Old 01-01-2017, 09:23 PM   #22
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin Walton View Post
Calais Campbell is a FA this year.
Hes 30 years old but I would plug him in over any of our current guys.
Dude I'm with you. He can do a lot along the line...slide inside or stand him up.

He Gets Us
Old 01-01-2017, 09:27 PM   #23
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Jay wants Kirk back next year

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Old 01-01-2017, 09:37 PM   #24
Irrefutable
The Starter

Quote:
Scot isn't gonna break the bank. He's smart. We'll upgrade the D but not with a ton of big deals.
I agree, however there is no chance Short gets $18 million. He made $2.5 last year.

Campbell made $15 million last year. I am not paying $10+ million for a 30 year old D-lineman

Calais Campbell Contract Details, Salary Cap Charges, Bonus Money | Over The Cap

Here is a good list of 2017 free agents, it includes expiring contract and stats

NFL Free Agents and Free Agency
Irrefutable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 09:43 PM   #25
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
I agree, however there is no chance Short gets $18 million. He made $2.5 last year.

Campbell made $15 million last year. I am not paying $10+ million for a 30 year old D-lineman

Calais Campbell Contract Details, Salary Cap Charges, Bonus Money | Over The Cap
Kawann Short Contract Details, Salary Cap Breakdowns, Salaries, Bonuses | Spotrac

This is where I got the reference for short. I'd be shocked if Campbell left the cardinals...don't see it happening, but he is a baller.

He Gets Us
Old 01-01-2017, 09:57 PM   #26
Irrefutable
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Kawann Short Contract Details, Salary Cap Breakdowns, Salaries, Bonuses | Spotrac

This is where I got the reference for short. I'd be shocked if Campbell left the cardinals...don't see it happening, but he is a baller.
I think the 18 million estimate is high and misleading

If you look at Suh's contract it is back-loaded, so if you say X $ when only about half is guaranteed .They announced the contract as 6 years and $114 million dollars. (average $19 million a year) Suh's cap number for the first 3 years averages about $10 million .
Irrefutable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 09:58 PM   #27
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

I lost so much faith in KC and Gruden today.
The int - all things considered- was just one of the worst decisions I have ever seen a qb make.
At the end of the first half (CT i think it was) there was a nice gainer of about 15-20 yards? Moved us up around our own 40-45 if I remember correctly. He lets 20 seconds run off the clock with three timeouts- than we have another nice gainer and have to settle for a 57 yarder? We could have moved atleast ten yards closer. Those three points matter ? A little bit.
It was truly amazing to me that he did not use a timeout.
There is alot wrong with this team but I thought the whole Gruden KC thing was our foundation for great things to come.
I am no longer 100% sold on either one. Sucks.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 10:10 PM   #28
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
I think the 18 million estimate is high and misleading

If you look at Suh's contract it is back-loaded, so if you say X $ when only about half is guaranteed .They announced the contract as 6 years and $114 million dollars. (average $19 million a year) Suh's cap number for the first 3 years averages about $10 million .
Short will sign an elite money deal for being one of the best in the league a d-tackle. The only way he takes less would be a "hometown" discount to stay in Carolina. Regardless of how it structured expect top 5 d tackle money.

He Gets Us
Old 01-01-2017, 10:12 PM   #29
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Blakmon " we need some experience and leadership next year." This is a great point, we are still a pretty young team folks. We don't have guys that have true playoff experience other than garcon right? Norman last year but that's about it.

Old 01-01-2017, 10:19 PM   #30
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Blakmon " we need some experience and leadership next year." This is a great point, we are still a pretty young team folks. We don't have guys that have true playoff experience other than garcon right? Norman last year but that's about it.

Any more old leadership is going to come at the expense of your roster spot Blackmon. Leadership is nice, but you need actual bodies that can perform at a high level.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote