Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Welcome Carson Wentz

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Initial reaction to trading for Carson Wentz?
Love it 8 12.12%
Hate it 17 25.76%
Don't love it, don't hate it 41 62.12%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-04-2022, 09:43 AM   #646
SunnySide
Playmaker

Re: Welcome Carson Wentz

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post

Some of this is Carson, some of this is the o-line, some of this is Turner and Rivera. Overall it's one big shit sandwich.
Not nearly enough mid range/soft zone throws .. over the LB and before the safeties. Second level throws.
----------

What is it called when you throw the ball on the sidelines to the gap between a corner and safety? Aaron Rodgers used it last year .. the nines? (not 9/go route .. not talking route tree)

We need more of that. I thought Carson was going to be able to drive the ball down field into those spots.

The mid to deep outs.

The throws that Heinike cant make but Carson can.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-10-2022, 09:30 AM   #647
EdmundDorf
The Starter

Can anyone remind me how much playing time Wentz needs before that high 3rd becomes a high 2nd?
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2022, 09:33 AM   #648
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmundDorf View Post
Can anyone remind me how much playing time Wentz needs before that high 3rd becomes a high 2nd?
70% of snaps. Something he should never get close to, unless Rivera is trying to purposely sabotage the team.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2022, 09:35 AM   #649
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

He's been as advertised. Through 5 games, he will hit the deep ball and make big plays with his arm but he is inconsistent in tight windows and makes some boneheaded decisions. He's better than TH but he isn't worth 28M. I doubt he is back next yr unless its a backup role for cheap
Old 10-10-2022, 09:47 AM   #650
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
He's been as advertised. Through 5 games, he will hit the deep ball and make big plays with his arm but he is inconsistent in tight windows and makes some boneheaded decisions. He's better than TH but he isn't worth 28M. I doubt he is back next yr unless its a backup role for cheap
Yeah. One thing I will say they did right is to not restructure him before the season. I feel like they knew it was a one year gamble.
Old 10-10-2022, 10:05 AM   #651
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
The dude is a goober. I just don't think he's smart enough to be a successful NFL QB.
Old 10-10-2022, 10:47 AM   #652
skinsfan69
Living Legend

I don't even think Wentz is much better than Taylor. He has a bigger arm but that doesn't make him better. If Taylor were starting we'd still be 1-4.

Also you have to look at the value. Taylor costs no draft picks and makes way less. We'd probably have the same record w/ Taylor, maybe better because you'd keep the 30 million and could get better guys to block, plus you'd have your draft picks for depth.

I knew this stupid ass trade was going to blow up in their stupid ass faces. Going after retread QB's rarely works. It's band aid football. You sign retreads as backups, not give them 30 million and numerous draft picks.

Draft QB's every year or almost every year. Always have a cheap vet around like Taylor or Bridgewater. The #1 reason why this team stinks is a total mismanagement of the QB position.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2022, 10:52 AM   #653
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I don't even think Wentz is much better than Taylor. He has a bigger arm but that doesn't make him better. If Taylor were starting we'd still be 1-4.

Also you have to look at the value. Taylor costs no draft picks and makes way less. We'd probably have the same record w/ Taylor, maybe better because you'd keep the 30 million and could get better guys to block, plus you'd have your draft picks for depth.

I knew this stupid ass trade was going to blow up in their stupid ass faces. Going after retread QB's rarely works. It's band aid football. You sign retreads as backups, not give them 30 million and numerous draft picks.

Draft QB's every year or almost every year. Always have a cheap vet around like Taylor or Bridgewater. The #1 reason why this team stinks is a total mismanagement of the QB position.
THIS!

That's why I say after we lose to CHI lets use that long week to get Howell going. What do u have to lose?? Maybe he ends up as the next RW.. U never know until u try. We know what Wentz is and we know what TH is...
Old 10-10-2022, 10:54 AM   #654
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
The dude is a goober. I just don't think he's smart enough to be a successful NFL QB.
He was a stud athlete and thats why he was so good his first few years but injuries have killed his mobility
Old 10-10-2022, 11:15 AM   #655
PorkSkins
Playmaker

Quote:

Preach, skinsfan69!
PorkSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2022, 11:27 AM   #656
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:

Have to have some one to evaluate talent though. We had plenty of cap space even after signing Wentz and did nothing of value with it. Let our only all pro go and replace him with Norwell. The front office error by this current leadership is mind boggling.

Agree we are no better record wise with Heinicke.
Old 10-10-2022, 11:42 AM   #657
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
Have to have some one to evaluate talent though. We had plenty of cap space even after signing Wentz and did nothing of value with it. Let our only all pro go and replace him with Norwell. The front office error by this current leadership is mind boggling.

Agree we are no better record wise with Heinicke.
Norwell is going to go down as one of my least favorite Redskins/WFT/Commie players of all times. What a bum.
Old 10-11-2022, 10:29 AM   #658
SunnySide
Playmaker

Carson had a pretty good game against a not very good defense.

Wish he ended the night w 361 yds, 3 titties and 0 picks

Down 4 w 4:40 left .. we engineered an 18 play drive to get it down to first and goal.

Titans are not a good team, we are not a good team.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 11:26 AM   #659
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Wentz and Heinicke keep me at home.

If Howell starts, I would go watch games solely to watch him.
Old 10-11-2022, 01:50 PM   #660
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Wentz isn't the problem, in fact we have 1 win solely on him and that GW Drive he had.

He isn't great but he's way better than TH. Guys we have seen TH for 2 years, he's a nice story but he cant throw downfield. That's why I say Howell because he has a good arm and mobility. So what he's a 5th rd pick.. Throw him out there