Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Impressions on the East, how do you feel about our Rivals?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 07-14-2022, 10:11 AM   #1
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Impressions on the East, how do you feel about our Rivals?

When looking at the NFC East going into the new year, I gotta lotta questions. I can’t remember a time where things are more murky…new staff in New York, QB questions, players coming and going, and how do we fit?

I can make arguments on 3 teams winning the division (sorry Giants)

I’ll say this, the Cowboys should be favorite, but man they lost talent with Connor Williams, Amari Cooper, Cedrick Wilson, and Randy Gregory all big contributors gone. Daks numbers with cooper on the field and off are stunning…it’s gonna be a big change in the passing game. Notorious Dick Gobbler Zeke Elliot looked done last year. Defense was surprisingly strong last year, can they repeat that performance?

Eagles..it allll start with Jalan Hurts, I’m sorry but that performance in the playoffs was one of the most embarrassing I’ve seen. He must play better. They have a great Oline, 2 stout corners, and some pass catching talent. But this is my thing, they have 2 very talented guys who seem to be injured a lot, AJ Brown and Miles Sanders. It’s make or break for both Sanders and Hurts imo this year. I see their defense kinda like ours, middle of the road but lean towards playing better this coming year, especially with adding a pass rusher like Reddick.

What y’all thinking?

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-14-2022, 10:23 AM   #2
MTK
\m/

Re: Impressions on the East, how do you feel about our Rivals?

Hurts is seriously overrated. I don't get the hype at all. The Eagles and Cowboys both have good rosters and will compete for the East title, hopefully we'll be right there too. The Giants will be in contention for a top 5 pick.
Old 07-14-2022, 11:38 AM   #3
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Hurts is seriously overrated. I don't get the hype at all. The Eagles and Cowboys both have good rosters and will compete for the East title, hopefully we'll be right there too. The Giants will be in contention for a top 5 pick.
For some reason, people have this false narrative that everyone within the Iggles organization has and is behind Hurts. They were one of the bidders for Russell Wilson, and would have gladly parted ways with him.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 12:55 PM   #4
redskins1
Camp Scrub

Great topic..

Giants-I believe will be better they have more talent then people think but still could like all teams improve there talent...There keys to a good season is health and Danny Dimes improving his game unlike some I think he has all the tools to be successful now it's what coach can get it out of him...

Eagles-They where a playoff team as a wildcard last season they have talent in certain areas also if Jalen can hurts you (no pun intended) this season more with his arm then his legs they will be a tough out....

Cowboys-They went 12-5 last season and ran away with the NFC East..That was the lousiest 12 win season arguably in NFL History..They benefited from a injured COVID riddled NFC East division...They are counted on way to many unproven players to step up and play huge that's a dice roller approach not gonna happen..The Cowboys haven't made the playoffs in back to back years since the 2006 2007 seasons and no NFC East team has won back to back NFC East titles since the 2003 2004 eagles done it...Easy prediction here Folks the Dallas Cowboys will not Even make the playoffs this season...NOW TAKE DAT TO VEGAS you will win BIG...
redskins1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 01:41 PM   #5
Schneed10
A Dude

2021 Eagles QB opponents:

- Matt Ryan
- Jimmy Garoppolo
- Dak Prescott
- Patrick Mahomes
- Sam Darnold
- Tom Brady
- Derek Carr
- Jared Goff
- Justin Herbert

They were 3-6 after that crew above. Then they got the crew below to finish...

- Teddy Bridgewater
- Trevor Siemien
- Daniel Jones
- Zach Wilson
- Garrett Gilbert
- Mike Glennon
- Taylor Heinicke
- Dak Prescott

And they went 6-2 against them.

They don't have the same QB cupcake schedule lining up for them this year. They have a decent looking roster but the end of their season last year everything just lined up right, I say they won't top 9 wins this year.
Old 07-16-2022, 08:32 AM   #6
AnonEmouse
The Starter

I'd agree with Schneed that with Hurts the Eagles schedule is going to be tough for them this season. But ours is no cakewalk either.

Cowboys have lost too many weapons and McCarthy is still HC, so they're surely going to be worse than last year?

Giants will rise and fall on Danny Dimes success, so mainly falling.

TBF this division could go any kind of direction at this point, but we have to think our chances have improved with what we've shored up (except I think we're still weak at LB). I can't see us finishing bottom (Giants) and should be better than the Eagles, but I wouldn't put money on the top 3 order at this stage.
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2022, 08:02 AM   #7
Giantone
Gamebreaker

First I agree the success of the Giants will fall on Daniel Jones and Saquan Barkley if those two stay healthy the Giants can make it a long season for some other teams. Cap problems limited what they could do in the off season but that is over in2023.

Now take this as good or bad , I think the Eagles and Commanders are about even up , injuries will decide how far the teams will go. The Cowboys on paper are the best in the NFC East but as we all know that doesn't mean shit.
The East has gotten better I think and I also think it's a tighter race with only a few games (3/4) between first and last place.
Old 07-20-2022, 11:05 AM   #8
SunnySide
Playmaker

Eagles - thankfully they have Jalen Hurts who i just dont think can be a system QB in this league. Hes like a more touted Heinike.

Boys - if dak stays healthy ... legit contenders.

^^ playoff teams imo

giants - suck bags of dicks, daily.

Skins - 8-8 plus or minus 1 .. as usual, stuck in middling purgatory.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 07:45 PM   #9
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Eagles - thankfully they have Jalen Hurts who i just dont think can be a system QB in this league. Hes like a more touted Heinike.

Boys - if dak stays healthy ... legit contenders.

^^ playoff teams imo

giants - suck bags of dicks, daily.

Skins - 8-8 plus or minus 1 .. as usual, stuck in middling purgatory.

17 game season.
Old 07-20-2022, 08:20 PM   #10
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
17 game season.
He predicted us to go 8-9 or 9-8.

I'm thinking Cowboys will win 11 or 12. Eagles and Manders will finish with 9 or 10 wins each.

Giants I'd say 6 or 7.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 05:48 AM   #11
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
He predicted us to go 8-9 or 9-8.

I'm thinking Cowboys will win 11 or 12. Eagles and Manders will finish with 9 or 10 wins each.

Giants I'd say 6 or 7.
8-8 plus or minus 1 is 7-9 o r9-7
Old 07-21-2022, 08:24 AM   #12
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
8-8 plus or minus 1 is 7-9 or 9-7
Not a hill I'm going to die on, but I'm going to assume that is what he meant based on a 17-game season.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 04:32 PM   #13
Fishingfool
Special Teams

F&ck the Giants, Dallas, and the Eagles. Our D bounces back and shuts down teams. Our O improves just enough to win those close games. We take the division.
Fishingfool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2022, 10:40 AM   #14
calia
Playmaker

The Dallas hype train will derail. Their O line has fallen off, and if Pollard (their best RB) can’t stay healthy, Zeke can’t carry them which will put a lot of pressure on Dak and a depleted WR corps. They have a phenom at LB but their D line isn’t scary and after Diggs, their secondary is serviceable.

The eagles will come down to whether Hurts can really play the position - they’re deep otherwise and could be very good, I hate to say.

The Giants will be improved but still have a long way to go - thank you, Gettleman.

I have no idea what to expect from the Commanders. Hardest team in the division to predict as far as I’m concerned. Middle of the road record prediction seems reasonable, although an easier schedule ought to put us above even. I say 9 wins - anything less would be a disappointment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-24-2022, 11:08 AM   #15
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

I think Dallas takes a step back this year too, for the same reasons you stated. And honestly, I'm not all that impressed with T Diggs either. He had a lot of INTs last year, but sometimes a player just has a year where the ball keeps finding him. I doubt he has the same good fortune two years in a row. Other than the INTs he was meh...

Eagles will go as far as Hurts can take them.

Midgets will be basement dwellers again.

Washington has a chance to take the Division, but like Philly, it will come down to QB play.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote