Manders v NYG GAMEDAY thread … let’s roll

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-19-2022, 07:36 AM   #526
mredskins
MVP

Re: Manders v NYG GAMEDAY thread … let’s roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
What the fuck…Terry doing his due diligence. And the ref still chose to throw it? That fucking weak.
i have not let a game bother me in a very long time and that game man i didn't sleep well last night, that was some straight bullshit

Advertisements
Old 12-19-2022, 08:07 AM   #527
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

NFL refs are just awful. They are awful on a weekly basis in almost a game to game basis. They need to fix it one way or another. Give each team three free penalty reviews or something. If you win it than you keep your review. Idk.
We might have gotten the two point conversion, and we might have won in OT. We also would have lost to the Eagles. But at least human error wouldn’t have such an impact on these games.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2022, 08:13 AM   #528
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
NFL refs are just awful. They are awful on a weekly basis in almost a game to game basis. They need to fix it one way or another. Give each team three free penalty reviews or something. If you win it than you keep your review. Idk.
We might have gotten the two point conversion, and we might have won in OT. We also would have lost to the Eagles. But at least human error wouldn’t have such an impact on these games.
i watch a lot of NBA the NFL refs are getting really close, so much so after the Terry penalty i was positive there be a make up call and the mugging of Samuel's was the perfect scenario

NBA is so bad, lets say your team is on D and they call a offensive charge; you get the ball back you probably have about 6 seconds to try to make a shot or they are calling a make up penalty immediately.
Old 12-19-2022, 08:17 AM   #529
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Even Florio saying the NFL has an integrity problem. Wow.
Old 12-19-2022, 08:19 AM   #530
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

I used to laugh at people for saying games are fixed but man it’s hard to argue against it anymore.. our game, the bills game where Miami got robbed too at the end. The Pats just throwing the game away… like who would do that?! It’s all odd to me

The 33 point comeback? Come on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-19-2022, 08:27 AM   #531
mredskins
MVP

refs or no refs; we don't have all the pieces to compete with any playoff caliber team

its the same all song of no QB

I wouldn't mind grabbing Brissett in the off season
Old 12-19-2022, 08:44 AM   #532
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
refs or no refs; we don't have all the pieces to compete with any playoff caliber team

TH Made a few great plays last night but when he's under pressure he struggles and that muffed snap / dropped INT should have ended the game regardless
Old 12-19-2022, 08:45 AM   #533
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:

Yup. Our Oline, our QB, our staff. None of them are close to championship caliber. The refs didn’t give B-Rob 12 carries. Dude was absolutely crushing it and Turner calls twelve carries for him? The refs certainly didn’t cause Taylor to throw weak balls or miss wide open guys. 1-10 on third down isn’t a ref problem it is a personnel problem and an OC problem.
We can still get in the playoffs. We still control our own destiny. We are not in any way a serious contender though. Our offense is putrid even with our weapons- Oline, QB are weak as fuck. Fake GM Ron needs to step aside in that regard at the very least.
Old 12-19-2022, 08:47 AM   #534
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

The seahawks will lose at KC so they are just about done..

it's basicaly between us and DET
Old 12-19-2022, 09:05 AM   #535
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

If you didn't know anything about these teams and watched the first and second game you would assume the Giants were the team with the bye. They made significant game plan changes from first to second game that exploited the Commanders. That was obvious with the 4th and 9 call. Our changes not so much and the play calling was just not great. We had 6 WR running plays? 5 to Samuels for 1 td?

The team needs to fix the aspects of the game it can control and not worry about the officials which it cannot. That being said I hate ticky tack stuff like what happened with Terry that has no bearing on the game. Does anyone really think Terry isn't a receiver?

In regards to officials it is high time that the NFL looks into making them full time positions. They are the only league in the US without full time officials. Instead of waking up this morning and going to their professions they should be waking up and reviewing their games and studying just like other sports.
Old 12-19-2022, 09:14 AM   #536
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
The seahawks will lose at KC so they are just about done..

it's basicaly between us and DET
give it to the lions i rather have a non-playoff schedule next year then a one and done playoff game
Old 12-19-2022, 09:23 AM   #537
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
give it to the lions i rather have a non-playoff schedule next year then a one and done playoff game
They have:

At Carolina
Home vs Bears
At Green Bay

They should win the 1st 2. GB might be a toss-up due to what the weather will look like.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2022, 09:26 AM   #538
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

That was a tough game to watch for the many reasons some of you have already articulated. The refs were bad, especially at the end of the game, but the Giants just seemed like they wanted it more from the outset - appeared to be more physical overall. I thought the bye week was right on time, but I wonder if they would have performed better had they not had a week off. No excuses though, you have to be ready for that Prime Time game against a Division rival at home with the playoffs on the line...you have to.

I've never seen an offense look so good for the most part - before hitting the opponents 20-30 yard line, then completely forget how to call plays. Honestly, the defense is doing their job, but this offense has scored more than 20 points only four times this year. That doesn't scream playoffs to me...

The Lions have the Panthers, Bears and Packers left. They have already beaten the Bears and Packers, and I don't see them losing to the Panthers. My guess is we'll be on the outside looking in again. San Francisco's defense is going to swallow this O-line up whole, and Parsons & Company will make them look silly too. It's going to be tough to win more than one of the next three, if they play like they did last night. The Lions look like a much better team anyway - by far.

This team is destined to be middle of the road until we get a decent QB. Yeah the team rallies around Heinicke, they really really like him, he's gritty, blah blah blah.... But he's just not that good. The combination of him and S Turner is probably the worst in the league. I think I would probably take just about every other starting QB over him at this point. Don't be surprised if the C Wentz conversation pops up this week. I'm not sure this team would be worse off if he was under center. It might be the same, but I don't think it would be worse; not with the running game we have going lately.

Sucks, because I was really looking forward to this game for the last two weeks. What a let down...
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2022, 09:46 AM   #539
PorkSkins
Playmaker

Quote:
That's "old days" NFL for the most part. We'll basically have the same schedule as our NFC East brethren with the exception of three games. Not to mention, we'll likely finish in either last or third place in the division and still make the playoffs. So, we'll play three of the third or last place teams in their respective divisions.

Teams who were good, mediocre, or bad one year can end up being a totally different team the following season.

Last edited by PorkSkins; 12-19-2022 at 10:10 AM.
PorkSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2022, 09:55 AM   #540
FWD Skins
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
What the fuck…Terry doing his due diligence. And the ref still chose to throw it? That fucking weak.
Is that a reviewable play?
FWD Skins is offline   Reply With Quote