Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Rod coleman signs with Falcons

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 03-06-2004, 12:28 AM   #1
skinsfanthru&thru
Playmaker

Rod coleman signs with Falcons

6 yr/28 million with a 10 million signing bonus. I think this signing and the skins lack of an attempt to sign him indicates, wherever we pick from in the first round, that we r gonna draft a d-tackle.
skinsfanthru&thru is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-06-2004, 12:30 AM   #2
skinsfanthru&thru
Playmaker

and a quick addition, I haven't heard about any problems with injuries so how do you guys feel about maybe going after luther ellis formerly of the lions? If I remember right he's put up solid #s with the ability to play the run and get somewhat of a push up the middle. plus he shouldn't be very expensive. just a thought.
skinsfanthru&thru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 07:05 AM   #3
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

Don't be sure we're going to draft a DT. Griffin and Noble can do the middle. With Daniels/Wynn/Washington on the ends. We need a few more, but our line has already made a big leap from what it is. I think with the LBs we have we'll be OK. Especially since we'll blitz this year more than I can count on 1 hand!
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 09:32 AM   #4
RedskinPete
The Starter

On another site has Woodard coming to Redskin Park Monday

If true is Cedric Woodard of the Seahawks someone that can help at the DT spot? New England last year tried to get him from Seattle when he was RFA but the Seahawks matched the offer. D coach Romeo Crennel at the time said he love Woodard power and thought he was coming in to his own. Woodard is out of Texas and been in the NFL 5 seasons and was drafted by Ravens in 2000. Looking over the rest of the FA DT there is little after Coleman. I hate to say this but we may be looking DT in the draft!
RedskinPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 09:36 AM   #5
skins009
Impact Rookie

I think ther gonna try to trade down and draft Vince Wilfork. One of the things Williams always has is a massive DT. That is excactly what Wilfork is. This guy can play when mottivated and in shape.
skins009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 10:12 AM   #6
RedskinPete
The Starter

"This guy can play when mottivated and in shape" what you said about Wilford. That is why the Skins will not take him. If you saw Vinny on ESPN a day ago they are picking guys that are mottivated and good guys! Wilford dosen't fall in to that line of thinking! But who dose is Tommie Harris of Oaklahoma. The best DT in the draft with great combination of size[6-4,295],quickness and speed. Another one to look at in a trade down is Ohio State DT Tim Anderson[6-4,301]. All thought college this guy was doubled- teamed in the middle.
RedskinPete is offline   Reply With Quote