Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-08-2011, 01:06 PM   #166
polywog
Special Teams

Re: Rex Grossman Named Starting QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsowilso View Post
It wasn't worded correctly. IMO
I'm having too many conversations! LOL! ordinarily I might have caught that. Maybe!
polywog is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-10-2011, 04:50 PM   #167
53Fan
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin Walton View Post
You should be hit with a Mallet and stuffed in a Locker for that pun.
Touche'.
Old 09-10-2011, 04:57 PM   #168
polywog
Special Teams

So which Rex is going to show up? The one that reminds me of Brett Favre??? Shredding defenses....threading the football through multiple DB's....giving DC's sleepless nights of abject terror.....or, will it be the Rex that reminds me of.....well....Rex?
polywog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 06:04 PM   #169
SkinzWin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by polywog View Post
So which Rex is going to show up? The one that reminds me of Brett Favre??? Shredding defenses....threading the football through multiple DB's....giving DC's sleepless nights of abject terror.....or, will it be the Rex that reminds me of.....well....Rex?
The one that makes a lot of good throws, manages the game. Says "F&@# it, I'm going deep a couple of times, and ends up with a pick and two TDs to go with some pretty solid numbers in a beat down of the Little giants. We gonna have their number for once this year.
1-866-ELI-SUXX.
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Team Heinicke Fan Club
punch it in - CEO
SkinzWin - President
FrenchSkin - VP of Global Operations
ODUsmitty - Director of Cheerleader Fulfillment
Meks - Director of Marketing
SkinzWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 06:08 PM   #170
Longtimefan
Playmaker

This will undoubtedly be Grossman's last opportunity to demonstrate he's capable of being a consistent QB in the NFL. Not all QB's get that second chance, with it, I'm hoping he has found a renewed confidence here in Washington, a confidence with hopes of breathing some new life into an offense that has struggled with consistency in recent seasons.

Some were surprised this week when Grossman was named the starter over Beck as we move one from the one-year Donovan McNabb experiment and onto our latest signal-caller. But there were those who doubted whether Beck was indeed a legitimate candidate for the job given his limited experience and playing time. But when the smoke cleared, it was Grossman who was named to open the season against the Giants, the same team he threw for 336 yards and two touchdowns against in last year’s finale. Of course, he also turned over the ball three times in the 17-14 loss. Being able to avoid the untimely turnover is the one hurdle he must overcome if he expects to have success and maintain his status as the starting QB of the Washington Redskins.

Rex Grossman gets another chance with Washington Redskins - The Washington Post

Last edited by Longtimefan; 09-11-2011 at 10:06 AM.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 06:13 PM   #171
SkinzWin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longtimefan View Post
This will undoubtedly be Grossman's last opportunity to demonstrate he's capable of being a consistent QB in the NFL. Not all QB's get that second chance, with it, I'm hoping he has found a renewed confidence here in Washington, a confidence with hopes of breathing some new life into an offense that has struggled with consistency in recent seasons.

Some were surprised this week when Grossman was named the starter over Beck as we move one from the one-year Donovan McNabb experiment and onto our latest signal-caller. But there were those who doubted whether Beck was indeed a legitimate candidate for the job given his limited experience and playing time. But when the smoke cleared, it was Grossman who was named to open the season against the Giants, the same team he threw for 336 yards and two touchdowns against in last year’s finale. Of course, he also turned over the ball three times in the 17-14 loss. Being able to avoid the untimely turnover is the one hurdle he must overcome if he expects to have success and maintain his status as the starting QB of the Washington Redskins.
I think with the new pieces we have added this offseason, along with him having another year to develop in this system, there will be improvement. I expect good things from him this year.
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Team Heinicke Fan Club
punch it in - CEO
SkinzWin - President
FrenchSkin - VP of Global Operations
ODUsmitty - Director of Cheerleader Fulfillment
Meks - Director of Marketing
SkinzWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 06:43 PM   #172
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinzWin View Post
I think with the new pieces we have added this offseason, along with him having another year to develop in this system, there will be improvement. I expect good things from him this year.
Like you, I'm convinced the added talent should help his statistical progress as well as his decision making. The one thing that has been troublesome about Rex has been his propensity to turn the ball over at the most critical times and usually with disastrous results.

We say that of course because hanging onto the football has been an issue for him throughout his career. Grossman played in four games total for Washington last season and committed eight turnovers. In his last 36 games dating back to his Super Bowl season in 2006, Rex has been known as TO-Rex, giving up the ball 51 times (37 interceptions, 14 lost fumbles) in a total of 36 contests with the Bears, Texans and Redskins. A trend us skins fans desperately want to see broken.

Last edited by Longtimefan; 09-10-2011 at 06:45 PM.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote