Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Skins vs Cardinals pre-game thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 07:31 PM   #61
DCtoAZ
Impact Rookie

Arrow Re: Skins vs Cardinals pre-game thread

INSIDE INFORMATION !!!!Ok maybe not "inside" but I've lived out here in AZ for a few years and I've had season tix to cardinals since new stadium ... couple observations from a former VA dude whose now a guy wearing shorts on thanksgiving ...

#1. Cardinals have had trouble flying east to play games for every year since I've lived here. That time change is a BITCH & they truly do have a HOME FIELD advantage in AZ,that stadium gets rockin' believe it or not & they win a lot of games at home because of that.

#2. The Cardinals are an interesting team for sure, yeah they sucked last year but 2 years ago they beat GB in the wild card and oh yeah they were in the SB before that. That being said, this is a new team, Coach Whiz is pretty damn good/Beanie is running hard/Fitz is well, Fitz, Kolb looks a lot better in Sedona RED than Philly Piss Green ... They break down like this IMO : Offense is very solid, Deucet is a lot better #2 WR then people think, he reminds me of Boldin..not to mention they signed Todd Heap TE so they can spread it ... I love the Skins' Defense this season but they are going to be working OT to keep this team under 20 ... I smell a shoot out

#3. The Cardinals defense = Sucks ... they have some pieces but the way we are designed to attack with Davis, Moss, HIGHTOWER, is not good news for them... We are going to be lights out at Fed Ex on the offense ... mark my word we could hit a 40+ spot for the first time in a long time

#4. Special Teams = Solid as can be, always have been

So that's my inside scoop ... this team can be shaken and if the Skins' start out focused and let Timmy H. run the ball against his former team we are going to be in for a fun day ... Hightower tried to be the Cardinals go to guy for a long time and has been solid and a stand up dude , he's def got some extra juice to blow this game up big time ...

One more quick note on my longest post ever:
After the Cardinals beat the Eagles in the NFC Championship game the crowd was so crazy and loud and as we all exited the stadium this Eagles fan came up to me and says " congratulations it was a hell of a game" .. at the time I had my Dockett Jersey on mind you ... so I said to him " yeah it was a good game, good game not be a Philly fan & I lifted up my shirt and showed him the redskins t-shirt underneath the jersey and said "3 Super Bowls BIIIAATTCHHH"
NFC EAST CHAMPS RG3 will be back & #12 can run the show until hes ready.We are young w depth. 23,59,89 will all be back.Alfred Morris aka Diesel Hybrid ! @DCtoAZ81 ...2013 NFC CHAMPS

Advertisements
Old 09-14-2011, 07:44 PM   #62
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Re: Skins vs Cardinals pre-game thread

Last year we beat out our division rival at home week 1 and played a high powered offense with an all pro receiver week 2, and he beat us and we lost.

Could we see the same happen this year?

I hope not
Old 09-14-2011, 07:45 PM   #63
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughtydoubter View Post
i wonder how much hightower will have told the skins???
That's a question we probably could ask prior to each game before the bye-week. We have a starter that played with our first four opponents...would be first five if McNabb was still here.
Old 09-14-2011, 07:57 PM   #64
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCtoAZ View Post
INSIDE INFORMATION !!!!Ok maybe not "inside" but I've lived out here in AZ for a few years and I've had season tix to cardinals since new stadium ... couple observations from a former VA dude whose now a guy wearing shorts on thanksgiving ...

#1. Cardinals have had trouble flying east to play games for every year since I've lived here. That time change is a BITCH & they truly do have a HOME FIELD advantage in AZ,that stadium gets rockin' believe it or not & they win a lot of games at home because of that.

#2. The Cardinals are an interesting team for sure, yeah they sucked last year but 2 years ago they beat GB in the wild card and oh yeah they were in the SB before that. That being said, this is a new team, Coach Whiz is pretty damn good/Beanie is running hard/Fitz is well, Fitz, Kolb looks a lot better in Sedona RED than Philly Piss Green ... They break down like this IMO : Offense is very solid, Deucet is a lot better #2 WR then people think, he reminds me of Boldin..not to mention they signed Todd Heap TE so they can spread it ... I love the Skins' Defense this season but they are going to be working OT to keep this team under 20 ... I smell a shoot out

#3. The Cardinals defense = Sucks ... they have some pieces but the way we are designed to attack with Davis, Moss, HIGHTOWER, is not good news for them... We are going to be lights out at Fed Ex on the offense ... mark my word we could hit a 40+ spot for the first time in a long time

So that's my inside scoop ... this team can be shaken and if the Skins' start out focused and let Timmy H. run the ball against his former team we are going to be in for a fun day ... Hightower tried to be the Cardinals go to guy for a long time and has been solid and a stand up dude , he's def got some extra juice to blow this game up big time ...

After the Cardinals beat the Eagles in the NFC Championship game the crowd was so crazy and loud and as we all exited the stadium this Eagles fan came up to me and says " congratulations it was a hell of a game" .. at the time I had my Dockett Jersey on mind you ... so I said to him " yeah it was a good game, good game not be a Philly fan & I lifted up my shirt and showed him the redskins t-shirt underneath the jersey and said "3 Super Bowls BIIIAATTCHHH"
Since that playoff run they've lost Warner, Boldin, Hightower, DRC, Rolle and Dansby. Too many good players there to replace and that's one of the reason they're not a good team anymore.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:02 PM   #65
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
Last year we beat out our division rival at home week 1 and played a high powered offense with an all pro receiver week 2, and he beat us and we lost.

Could we see the same happen this year?

I hope not
Last year our week 1 win was because of our opponent's ineptitude far more than our brilliance. This year our win was definitely due to lights out D in the 2nd half, and productive offense and special teams the rest of the game.

Don't think the two situations are parallels.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:30 PM   #66
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Last year our week 1 win was because of our opponent's ineptitude far more than our brilliance. This year our win was definitely due to lights out D in the 2nd half, and productive offense and special teams the rest of the game.

Don't think the two situations are parallels.
We don't win that game last year if Red Head told Romo to take a knee, which USUALLY is SOP. We don't win if Romo just chucked it out of bounds or put in the dirt, which a BETTER QB would have done.
It won't be happening again for a LONG time.

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
Old 09-14-2011, 09:06 PM   #67
53Fan
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCtoAZ View Post

Lmao! Good info man. Hopefully we can take advantage of their defense.
Old 09-14-2011, 09:49 PM   #68
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Another home game. This is one of those teams that likes to spread you out, the kind of team that would have given us big-time trouble last year. By the same token, their oline has sown signs of being dreadful, we should be able to put and keep the pressure on Kevin Kolb in hopes of limiting the big plays. Where matchup's for the offense is concerned, this should be one of the better ones of the season.

Redskins win 24 - 21
Old 09-14-2011, 09:55 PM   #69
SkinzWin
Playmaker

Redskins - 34
Cardinals - 21

Sexy Rexy - 325 Yards, 3 TD, 1 INT
Hightower - 90 Yards Rushing, 55 Yards Passing, 2 TD
Fred - 100 Yards, 2 TD
Banks to DA HOUUUSEE!!!!

Story of two defenses that can give up the big play. High scoring affair....
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Team Heinicke Fan Club
punch it in - CEO
SkinzWin - President
FrenchSkin - VP of Global Operations
ODUsmitty - Director of Cheerleader Fulfillment
Meks - Director of Marketing

Last edited by SkinzWin; 09-14-2011 at 09:57 PM.
Old 09-14-2011, 10:03 PM   #70
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

I think Arizona will give us some problems in the secondary, In fact Fitz could have a monster game.. BUT I also see us controlling the clock and scoring around 27 to win a close one.. I think their D isn't as bad as people are sayin, they still have some talent
Old 09-14-2011, 10:20 PM   #71
budw38
Playmaker

We had some crazy games vs the Cards when they were in ST Louis Redskins, Cardinals Have Intriguing History . On a MNF Game , Eddie Brown put on a show in a muddy thriller St. Louis Cardinals at Washington Redskins - October 25th, 1976 - Pro-Football-Reference.com . I hope we establish the run early , build a lead and tee off on Kolb .
Old 09-14-2011, 11:08 PM   #72
artmonkforhallofamein07
Pro Bowl

I think HighT will be able to provide our team with some offensive insight.

I also see us winning this game. I see it being close early. Then as the game moves forward we pull out ahead. Of course without the added pressure and energy that the 9/11 game brought we may have more focus early on and provide us a way to get out to a lead early on. Who knows. LOL

I just want to see us build off of the Giants game. Also I want to see the some of the same things as far as the defense and the passing game. Better OL play, building on the running game, JW and DH: who ever is playing Fitz at the time hold your own don't get owned, Gano making a FG or 2 if given the chance, and Rex being turnover free would go a long way to getting another W.
Old 09-15-2011, 03:31 AM   #73
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Redskins Week 2: Scouting the Cardinals | John Keim | NFL | Washington Examiner

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Old 09-15-2011, 04:06 AM   #74
Swarley
The Starter

two days ago I bought upper level tickets for $50 today those same tickets are like $25... I hate myself

just thought I'd share lol
Old 09-15-2011, 08:09 AM   #75
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

RossTuckerNFL Ross Tucker
My man @gregcosell always brings it on @SiriusXMNFL. Talking Cam he said AZ has "No speed at safety. Wilson/Rhodes can't run."
1 hour ago

It would be nice to see Armstrong, Gaffney, and Moss getting deep frequently! (and Rex hitting them in stride, and them holding on to the ball, and scoring multiple TDs!)
Closed Thread