Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


What’s your plan for the Quarterback position?

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2019, 02:22 AM   #226
FrenchSkin
The Starter
 
FrenchSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 2,123
Re: What’s your plan for the Quarterback position?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsnut View Post
This sounds about right....
The Skins are "settling" for the best of bad options that could affect our quarterbacking for years to come....
A month ago everyone was saying..lets sit on this, deal with crappy QB, get a really good one next year while building a nice draft including edge, WR, guard, etc.....

One month later....we NEEEEED a qb.

Not saying I disagree....but this seems like a well we suck anyways and have no patience to go through pain to build a team...lets just strive for "better than Suck" again...it seems to be what we're good at.

Thats the Redskins way under our current leadership
I say screw it.....Draft every monster lineman and edge guy you can and trade for a legit #1 WR....and hell....draft a 3rd round QB for kicks and throw him in there...and see if he can survive.....until next draft.
Thing is, as much as I'd love this to be a rebuilding year, at the end of which Gruden (at least) is fired... it is not happening. These guys want to save their jobs. They want to try to win now as hard as they're able to.

Once and if this fact is accepted as true, I do think Rosen is, by a huge margin, the less bad option at QB us.
__________________
Proud Ambassador of the Redskins French Nation
FrenchSkin is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-08-2019, 02:00 AM   #227
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker
 
REDSKINS4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Washington, D.C.
Posts: 3,458
Re: What’s your plan for the Quarterback position?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
If there's a trade for Rosen then I'd say Colt's time here will come to an end. There's no way they'd keep Keenum and Colt. One would have to go.
I have a feeling in my gut that they will draft 2 quarterbacks.....and with Keenum already in the fold that makes McCoy expendable.
__________________
Touchdown Washington Redskins!!!
REDSKINS4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 08:40 AM   #228
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rochester, Ny
Posts: 26,177
Re: What’s your plan for the Quarterback position?

I just have a gut feeling that Case will be dealt to AZ still, it makes perfect sense, he knows that system very well and Kingsbury has said he loved working with Case in college. I think we should offer Case in the package.
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 10:03 AM   #229
KI Skins Fan
Playmaker
 
KI Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MD Eastern Shore
Posts: 4,995
Re: What’s your plan for the Quarterback position?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
I just have a gut feeling that Case will be dealt to AZ still, it makes perfect sense, he knows that system very well and Kingsbury has said he loved working with Case in college. I think we should offer Case in the package.
Good idea. If Case and one of our 3rd Round picks could get it done, that would be better for us than trading a first or second round pick for Rosen. I would think that their new QB situation would be just about perfect for Arizona.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 11:10 AM   #230
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rochester, Ny
Posts: 26,177
Re: What’s your plan for the Quarterback position?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
Good idea. If Case and one of our 3rd Round picks could get it done, that would be better for us than trading a first or second round pick for Rosen. I would think that their new QB situation would be just about perfect for Arizona.
Speaking of AZ

The #AZCardinals offseason conditioning program begins today, and not only is QB Josh Rosen in the building… he was the first guy in the building for new coach Kliff Kingsbury.

But I thought Rosen "didn't love football"
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 06:13 AM   #231
httr198020
Special Teams
 
httr198020's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 187
Re: What’s your plan for the Quarterback position?

I don't think we should draft a qb. We should stay the course and keep bolstering our offensive and defensive fronts. I do like Lock, Will Grier, and Daniel Jones. I just don't like neither of them in the first round. I believe we are a player away on both the OL and DL from being elite. We should spend our first two picks on edge and LG.
httr198020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 07:05 AM   #232
mooby
Living Legend
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Posts: 15,348
Re: What’s your plan for the Quarterback position?

Quote:
Originally Posted by httr198020 View Post
I don't think we should draft a qb. We should stay the course and keep bolstering our offensive and defensive fronts. I do like Lock, Will Grier, and Daniel Jones. I just don't like neither of them in the first round. I believe we are a player away on both the OL and DL from being elite. We should spend our first two picks on edge and LG.
The Skins aren't going to waste a season without a viable starter at qb. And Gruden/hopefully Allen know they're running out of excuses, there's no way they wouldn't hedge their bets even if it means taking a qb that isn't ranked high on their board. I'm guessing one of our top 3 picks will be a qb shortly. (even if it means giving a 2nd for Rosen).
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 08:23 AM   #233
GridIron26
The Starter
 
GridIron26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,018
Re: What’s your plan for the Quarterback position?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Speaking of AZ

The #AZCardinals offseason conditioning program begins today, and not only is QB Josh Rosen in the building… he was the first guy in the building for new coach Kliff Kingsbury.

But I thought Rosen "didn't love football"
That's why I don't buy the rumors of Rosen being a bad teammate
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site has no official affiliation with the Washington Redskins or the NFL, we're just a bunch of fans talking football
Page generated in 0.08624 seconds with 10 queries