Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum


2023 Divisional Round Thread

Locker Room Main Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2023, 06:43 PM   #151
rocnrik
The Starter
 
rocnrik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,270
Re: 2023 Divisional Round Thread

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/fo...-futures-deal/

I think he still is on roster..
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-23-2023, 07:24 PM   #152
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl
 
BaltimoreSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Parkton, MD
Posts: 5,216
Re: 2023 Divisional Round Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
That, and the Tarheels offense lost a lot of starting players in Howell's last year - top 2 WRs, top 2 RBs and majority of the Oline.
I would say if he couldn't put up the same quality stats he did a year before with his top playmakers then he isn't worth a first round. You expect your first round QB to elevate the play of those around him not vice versa. That is not to say he can't be a quality QB, but there was enough of a flag that 32 teams passed him up 4 times.
__________________
EB thinks Sam Savings > Patrick Price
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2023, 08:33 PM   #153
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 52
Posts: 22,419
Re: 2023 Divisional Round Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post

Small part of me recollects seeing him in preseason maybe? Either way Jake Fromm State Farm is the greatest nickname ever.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2023, 08:36 PM   #154
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 52
Posts: 22,419
2023 Divisional Round Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
I would say if he couldn't put up the same quality stats he did a year before with his top playmakers then he isn't worth a first round. You expect your first round QB to elevate the play of those around him not vice versa. That is not to say he can't be a quality QB, but there was enough of a flag that 32 teams passed him up 4 times.

His numbers were just about the same though. Better in a couple areas, especially running.

Passed him up cus he is shorter than the average bear.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2023, 09:55 PM   #155
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl
 
Chief X_Phackter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lakewood, CO
Posts: 5,071
Re: 2023 Divisional Round Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
I would say if he couldn't put up the same quality stats he did a year before with his top playmakers then he isn't worth a first round. You expect your first round QB to elevate the play of those around him not vice versa. That is not to say he can't be a quality QB, but there was enough of a flag that 32 teams passed him up 4 times.
You hear that soooo much. I believe it is partly true, but it's a little overused in my opinion. Look at all the "top" QBs. They all have top playmakers. They aren't where they are in the playoffs, etc. without those top playmakers. They wouldn't be where they are with JAGs...

Mahomes - Kelce
Burrows - Chase
Hurts - Brown
Allen - Diggs
Cousins - Jefferson
Carr - Adams
Tagovailoa - Hill/Waddle

Look at Aaron Rodgers for example. He's a pretty good QB right? He barely got by this year without Adams. Watson came on as the season progressed, but there was only so much he could do with the receivers he had this year.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2023, 10:23 PM   #156
skinsfan69
Living Legend
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 16,867
Re: 2023 Divisional Round Thread

Jerry ought to get on the horn and see if he could get any takers for Dak. I would try and trade him. You just can't pay someone like that 40 million. You can get just about the same production from their back-up. I wouldn't even ask for that much compensation. Just take his contract and give me a 2nd rounder. Just get him off the books.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2023, 10:36 PM   #157
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hanahan, South Carolina
Age: 40
Posts: 18,595
Re: 2023 Divisional Round Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Jerry ought to get on the horn and see if he could get any takers for Dak. I would try and trade him. You just can't pay someone like that 40 million. You can get just about the same production from their back-up. I wouldn't even ask for that much compensation. Just take his contract and give me a 2nd rounder. Just get him off the books.
They definitely should try to trade him. And every team should say no. That contract is an albatross. He simply isn't good enough to take up that much cap space, especially if you have to give up pick(s) to get him. Very similar to Carr in that regards, imo.
__________________
Matthew 7:8 - For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2023, 10:55 PM   #158
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 52
Posts: 22,419
Re: 2023 Divisional Round Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
They definitely should try to trade him. And every team should say no. That contract is an albatross. He simply isn't good enough to take up that much cap space, especially if you have to give up pick(s) to get him. Very similar to Carr in that regards, imo.

Yeah thats a real hard pass. So happy it isnít our problem. FU Dallas.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2023, 11:23 PM   #159
SFREDSKIN
Gamebreaker
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 14,931
Re: 2023 Divisional Round Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Jerry ought to get on the horn and see if he could get any takers for Dak. I would try and trade him. You just can't pay someone like that 40 million. You can get just about the same production from their back-up. I wouldn't even ask for that much compensation. Just take his contract and give me a 2nd rounder. Just get him off the books.
That was my thought, trade Dak sign Lamar
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2023, 11:29 PM   #160
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 33,489
Re: 2023 Divisional Round Thread

If people are willing to spend money on go no where veterans like Brissett or Dalton, what about Cooper Rush? Are we saying we donít want to apply pressure to Howell?
__________________
My pronouns: King/Your ruler

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2023, 11:31 PM   #161
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hanahan, South Carolina
Age: 40
Posts: 18,595
Re: 2023 Divisional Round Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
That was my thought, trade Dak sign Lamar
If we're going all in for a "top tier" veteran, I'd go with Lamar. He's a FA, so it will only take money. And when healthy, he's very good. He hasn't had the WR room we currently have before either. So I think he can be better as a passer.

Note - "Top Tier" wasn't about Jackson. He's a top 10 NFL QB. It was moreso about what guys will or already do take up an ass-ton of cap space. Whether they are good enough to warrant it or not.
__________________
Matthew 7:8 - For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2023, 11:38 PM   #162
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hanahan, South Carolina
Age: 40
Posts: 18,595
Re: 2023 Divisional Round Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
If people are willing to spend money on go no where veterans like Brissett or Dalton, what about Cooper Rush? Are we saying we donít want to apply pressure to Howell?
Jacoby Brisset is the veteran I'm targeting if we're going with the Howell, draft pick, veteran route (my preferred route).

Not really sure what go no where means. Both of the guys you mentioned are still in the league, therefore, very successful. Rush is 29 too, so not like he's some spring chicken. His limited sample size this year is likely the highlight of his career. Brissett and Dalton have way more tape.
__________________
Matthew 7:8 - For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2023, 11:40 PM   #163
SFREDSKIN
Gamebreaker
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 14,931
Re: 2023 Divisional Round Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
If we're going all in for a "top tier" veteran, I'd go with Lamar. He's a FA, so it will only take money. And when healthy, he's very good. He hasn't had the WR room we currently have before either. So I think he can be better as a passer.

Note - "Top Tier" wasn't about Jackson. He's a top 10 NFL QB. It was moreso about what guys will or already do take up an ass-ton of cap space. Whether they are good enough to warrant it or not.
I was talking about the cowboys, I donít want Lamar.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2023, 11:45 PM   #164
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hanahan, South Carolina
Age: 40
Posts: 18,595
Re: 2023 Divisional Round Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
I was talking about the cowboys, I donít want Lamar.
I know. But just made me think about our own QB options.

I'd prefer the Howell, cheap (by QB standards) Veteran FA, draft pick option.

But if the team decides to go after an expensive option (picks and/or money), give me Lamar.
__________________
Matthew 7:8 - For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2023, 11:58 PM   #165
SFREDSKIN
Gamebreaker
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 14,931
Re: 2023 Divisional Round Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
I know. But just made me think about our own QB options.

I'd prefer the Howell, cheap (by QB standards) Veteran FA, draft pick option.

But if the team decides to go after an expensive option (picks and/or money), give me Lamar.
You would have to let players go for one guy that hasnít won anything and is becoming injury prone.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We have no official affiliation with the Washington Commanders or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.12374 seconds with 10 queries