Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Dallas week Version 1

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2018, 12:01 PM   #1
skinsfaninok
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rochester, Ny
Posts: 24,418
Dallas week Version 1




Enough said
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 12:42 PM   #2
sandtrapjack
The Starter
 
sandtrapjack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,760
Re: Dallas week Version 1

The 'incredibly average vs. incredibly average"
I think you guys win this one. 24-16

One of these teams will finally break the 'win 1 lose 1' streak and come out of Sunday on a two game winning streak. That has not happened for either team is a long time.
sandtrapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 01:01 PM   #3
skinsfaninok
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rochester, Ny
Posts: 24,418
Re: Dallas week Version 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtrapjack View Post
The 'incredibly average vs. incredibly average"
I think you guys win this one. 24-16

One of these teams will finally break the 'win 1 lose 1' streak and come out of Sunday on a two game winning streak. That has not happened for either team is a long time.
I can't say wither way, both teams are so damn BLEH to me, especially on offense. If we can contain Zeke I think we win but I honestly have no clue on the outcome.
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 01:30 PM   #4
KI Skins Fan
Playmaker
 
KI Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MD Eastern Shore
Posts: 4,755
Re: Dallas week Version 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtrapjack View Post
The 'incredibly average vs. incredibly average"
I think you guys win this one. 24-16

One of these teams will finally break the 'win 1 lose 1' streak and come out of Sunday on a two game winning streak. That has not happened for either team is a long time.
True, but Jay Gruden's record versus Dallas is horrible, so I have to give your team the edge.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 02:07 PM   #5
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Posts: 16,803
Re: Dallas week Version 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtrapjack View Post
The 'incredibly average vs. incredibly average"
I think you guys win this one. 24-16

One of these teams will finally break the 'win 1 lose 1' streak and come out of Sunday on a two game winning streak. That has not happened for either team is a long time.
or a tie...
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 01:54 PM   #6
skinsfan69
Gamebreaker
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA and San Diego, CA
Posts: 12,827
Re: Dallas week Version 1

I give Dallas the slight edge because they can rush the passer and run the ball better than we do. Neither QB will top 200 yards. Dallas 20 Redskins 13.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 02:01 PM   #7
Schneed10
My Wife Likes Alex
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Posts: 11,223
Re: Dallas week Version 1

I can't predict who will win, it's a pretty evenly matched game.

All I know is the hitting in the trenches will be incredible, and it will almost certainly be a closely contested one-score game.

The Skins are determined to stop the run better this year than last year - you can tell Allen especially is on a mission. I'm going to go with the Redskins here. I think they get up for this game because stopping the run has been the number one theme. I think they'll attack the offense similarly - on zone reads the OLBs will crash to the RB, and the safety or linebackers will take the QB. If Dallas wins this game, it will have to be Prescott proving he can win with his arm.

23-20 Skins

Then we'll have the let-down the following week.
__________________
God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 02:05 PM   #8
skinsfaninok
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rochester, Ny
Posts: 24,418
Re: Dallas week Version 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
I can't predict who will win, it's a pretty evenly matched game.

All I know is the hitting in the trenches will be incredible, and it will almost certainly be a closely contested one-score game.

The Skins are determined to stop the run better this year than last year - you can tell Allen especially is on a mission. I'm going to go with the Redskins here. I think they get up for this game because stopping the run has been the number one theme. I think they'll attack the offense similarly - on zone reads the OLBs will crash to the RB, and the safety or linebackers will take the QB. If Dallas wins this game, it will have to be Prescott proving he can win with his arm.

23-20 Skins

Then we'll have the let-down the following week.
iF WE WIN AND GO TO 4-2,

Giants
Atlanta
TB
Houston

are next 4 games and all winnable games.
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 06:06 PM   #9
punch it in
Gamebreaker
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Posts: 12,545
Re: Dallas week Version 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
iF WE WIN AND GO TO 4-2,



Giants

Atlanta

TB

Houston



are next 4 games and all winnable games.


Ill save you the heartache of dreaming about 8-2. After the Texans game we are 5-5.
__________________
I'm living in yesterday's tomorrows.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 06:20 PM   #10
skinsfan69
Gamebreaker
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA and San Diego, CA
Posts: 12,827
Re: Dallas week Version 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
iF WE WIN AND GO TO 4-2,

Giants
Atlanta
TB
Houston

are next 4 games and all winnable games.
And do you realize all those teams will be saying the same thing about us?
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 06:27 PM   #11
skinsfaninok
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rochester, Ny
Posts: 24,418
Re: Dallas week Version 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
And do you realize all those teams will be saying the same thing about us?
lol true
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 02:07 PM   #12
Chico23231
Living Legend
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 21,661
Re: Dallas week Version 1

^

Agree with S10...Dak puts the ball up for grabs, got to win the turnover battle.

I think QB play will determine the outcome...Smith has to play better.

13-21 Skins
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 02:11 PM   #13
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Posts: 16,803
Re: Dallas week Version 1

I think Smith started to connect with his receivers last week. It wasn't an all out explosion, but I think the offense will come into it's own the next few weeks, and if we get in front, then the defensive line is pretty good at collapsing the pocket. I think we are seeing the burgeoning of a winning streak, might as well start with Dallas

Skins win 28 - 20.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 02:16 PM   #14
skinsfaninok
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rochester, Ny
Posts: 24,418
Re: Dallas week Version 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I think Smith started to connect with his receivers last week. It wasn't an all out explosion, but I think the offense will come into it's own the next few weeks, and if we get in front, then the defensive line is pretty good at collapsing the pocket. I think we are seeing the burgeoning of a winning streak, might as well start with Dallas

Skins win 28 - 20.
That's what I'm thinking too, Offense will get better as they go on.. It's still not a top 15 Offense due to lack of play makers but if we can just consistently score 24 a game we can be a threat.
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 03:02 PM   #15
KI Skins Fan
Playmaker
 
KI Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MD Eastern Shore
Posts: 4,755
Re: Dallas week Version 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
That's what I'm thinking too, Offense will get better as they go on.. It's still not a top 15 Offense due to lack of play makers but if we can just consistently score 24 a game we can be a threat.
That's asking a lot of our defense. There are times when every team must win a shoot out. But I get your points: Basically, you are saying the D needs to hang tough as the offense improves.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site has no official affiliation with the Washington Redskins or the NFL, we're just a bunch of fans talking football
Page generated in 0.21579 seconds with 10 queries