Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Moving on to Fitzmagic

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-07-2018, 08:32 AM   #1
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Moving on to Fitzmagic

Looking at the Bucs tape, this offense can really move the ball. They got beat Sunday due to a terrible defense that they have (32nd) in points. If we don't get pressure on Fitz, it will be a long day for us. He has weapons and they draw up great routes for Evans and Djax.

When pressured he caves and makes bad decisions and that's always been his knock. I really don't see us scoring much even on a very poor defense. If we are to win this game it's tough , ugly football. Philly is going to beat Dallas so we really need this win to stay ahead.

Skins 23
Bucs 20
Old 11-07-2018, 09:41 AM   #2
mredskins
MVP

Re: Moving on to Fitzmagic

This season is dead to me, another year of injuries. Even if we made the playoffs it be one and done. I feel like this franchise is always fighting just to be mediocre.
Old 11-07-2018, 10:35 AM   #3
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
This season is dead to me, another year of injuries. Even if we made the playoffs it be one and done. I feel like this franchise is always fighting just to be mediocre.
Crazy stuff has happened in the past, as long as we get into the playoffs u just never know. I don't see us winning a game but its still nice to get the chance.
Old 11-07-2018, 01:24 PM   #4
PorkSkins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Crazy stuff has happened in the past, as long as we get into the playoffs u just never know. I don't see us winning a game but its still nice to get the chance.
I agree, OK. You never never know what can happen if we get in. We may not do much of anything, if we get in, but still good to get an opportunity.

IMO, if anyone has given up, bailed out, checked out or thumbs downed the remainder of the season, then why not just remove yourselves from the forum the rest of the way?
PorkSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 10:51 AM   #5
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Ditto. I've mentally checked out on the Redskins, Jay, Manusky, the entire front office, Snyder, Allen. They just do nothing for me and watching McVay thrive really stings.

Tampa is going to score, we won't but they will also turn the ball over. This is going to be a close one.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 01:24 PM   #6
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Hopefully we get Fitztragic instead of Fitzmagic.

Bucs have the 32nd ranked D, eh? This will be a good barometer of our offensive coaches' ability to cover up weaknesses from injury. If we can't move the ball against the worst D in the league they deserve to be scorned.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 01:28 PM   #7
PorkSkins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Hopefully we get Fitztragic instead of Fitzmagic.
You never know with him. If he does throw an INT early, then he'll likely have two more in him.

Quote:
Bucs have the 32nd ranked D, eh? This will be a good barometer of our offensive coaches' ability to cover up weaknesses from injury. If we can't move the ball against the worst D in the league they deserve to be scorned.
I said it in the "Week 9" thread during the Titans/Cowboys game. If Gruden was wise, then he'd use a similar gameplan ala the Titans. Lots of RPO and play action. It'll not only take some pressure off our patchwork O-line, but also Alex Smith.
PorkSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 01:38 PM   #8
GridIron26
Playmaker

Redskins's progress in this game will largely depends on our running game, just like all recent games. If we aren't able to force Bucs to pay attention to our running game then we will lose, if AP runs well then we win the game.. I don't know what score will look like..

Who do you think will play better this Sunday, Doctson or Harris? I need to pick up a WR for one of my fantasy football teams due to lot of players on my team being on BYE and the free agency for WR in the league is very limited. The "best" WR available right now is Allen Robinson or Corey Davis, I have a feeling that Doctson or Harris will play better than those 2 players but I am not sure which player will be better. I think Doctson is largely dependent on TDs, while Harris is dependent on volume but the thing is - if we run well then we will not throw much, which will hurt Harris.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 01:50 PM   #9
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
Redskins's progress in this game will largely depends on our running game, just like all recent games. If we aren't able to force Bucs to pay attention to our running game then we will lose, if AP runs well then we win the game.. I don't know what score will look like..

Who do you think will play better this Sunday, Doctson or Harris? I need to pick up a WR for one of my fantasy football teams due to lot of players on my team being on BYE and the free agency for WR in the league is very limited. The "best" WR available right now is Allen Robinson or Corey Davis, I have a feeling that Doctson or Harris will play better than those 2 players but I am not sure which player will be better. I think Doctson is largely dependent on TDs, while Harris is dependent on volume but the thing is - if we run well then we will not throw much, which will hurt Harris.
Oh man, your in trouble if its come down to these 2. You're certified insane to pick up Doctson....Id go Mo Mo

Corey Davis over the Skins Receivers
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 02:56 PM   #10
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Oh man, your in trouble if its come down to these 2. You're certified insane to pick up Doctson....Id go Mo Mo

Corey Davis over the Skins Receivers
I don't have a good feeling about Corey Davis
Old 11-07-2018, 03:12 PM   #11
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
I don't have a good feeling about Corey Davis
Gets a lot of targets...got 10 versus the Cowgurls
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 03:33 PM   #12
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Gets a lot of targets...got 10 versus the Cowgurls
Yeah good point..
Old 11-07-2018, 02:49 PM   #13
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Our WR's are so damn bad lol its as bad as when Rod Gardner was our #1. Is Crowder ever coming back? Sad
Old 11-07-2018, 05:16 PM   #14
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Our WR's are so damn bad lol its as bad as when Rod Gardner was our #1. Is Crowder ever coming back? Sad
Rod Gardner had 1000yards receiving with Shane Matthews, Patrick Ramsey, and Danny Wuerffel at QB. Spurrier was the HC.
He also did this dropping every other ball!

Doctsons best season is 500 yards with a probowl QB.
Doctson isn't even half as good as 50/50 Gardner.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 03:02 PM   #15
Back2RFK
Special Teams

Can anyone tell me Trent W is not playing? I know he hurt his thumb but you see players all the time with a club on their arm playing after a hand injury.
Back2RFK is offline   Reply With Quote