Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Peter King: Broncos-Skins reach agreement

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 02-25-2004, 01:16 PM   #31
Redskins_P
Fight for old DC!

Mike & Mike in the morning

This morning Mike Greenburg was going off on ESPN radio on how Gibbs has forgotten about football and that he is making a big mistake in letting Champ go. I am sick and tired of hearing all this negativity surrounding this trade. First of all......CHAMP WANTS OUT OF WASHINGTON!!!! So why not get a great running back that still in his prime if not reaching his prime? I don't agree with sending a 2nd round pick w/ Champ, because we got Champ in the 1st round ( I believe top 10 ) and Clinton Portis was drafted in the 2nd round. If anything the Broncos should at least give us one of their picks. You can always find a decent RB, but it's hard to find a shut down corner like Champ.

Also, get ready for Jevon Kearse, Warrick Holdman, and possibly Warren Sapp! Then we can draft Sean Taylor with our 5th pick. The defense will be fine.

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!
Redskins_P is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-25-2004, 01:39 PM   #32
Gmanc711
Thank You, Sean.

I'm a big fan of Greeny and that show, but Seriously, I'm sick of people saying how we should keep Champ. WE FREAKING TRIED, with a TON of money to keep that guy and he said no, he wants no part of the skins, so he can go. Somtimes I think these " experts " know less than we do about the team, because anyone who makes the comment that we should keep champ is obviosuly out of the loop. Bring me Portis.

Last edited by Gmanc711; 02-25-2004 at 02:04 PM.
Gmanc711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 01:42 PM   #33
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

We shouldn't go after Kearse, I'd rather see Gardner back here from the Broncos.

As for Gibbs not knowing what he's doing.....Yeah, whatever.
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 01:55 PM   #34
SkinsRock
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat
We shouldn't go after Kearse, I'd rather see Gardner back here from the Broncos.

As for Gibbs not knowing what he's doing.....Yeah, whatever.
I don't know why so many people want Gardener? His a cancer. After he got his payday last year, all he did for Denver was cause problems and stand on the sidelines most of the season because of a non-football injury from a fight.
Joe Gibbs would never bring him here.
SkinsRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 02:00 PM   #35
RFKRat
Special Teams

Well said Petey. I think folks here should relax a bit and let Gibbs work. It's not even March yet and people are condemning things...Bailey was offered tons of money and said he was walking...so let him go, at least this way we get a powerful offensive threat in return.

As for losing the 2nd round pick, I'm not happy with that, but I can live with it. I mean, there are other guys on this team who might be traded for a second rounder somewhere along the line...and with all the cap space that was cut yesterday, the Skins can make quite a few moves to plug the holes elesewhere on this team.

Anyway, let Coach Gibbs work on this for a while before freaking out. Now if it's late August and we still have no defense, then panic. But geesh, trust a guy who took us to 4 Super Bowls. It's only February.
RFKRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 02:18 PM   #36
BleedBurgundy
Playmaker

I don't wanna bash Bailey but...

Listen, I know the guy hasn't even left town yet and he's been a good player but let's face it. Who hasn't cringed when watching him TRY to tackle a runner in the secondary or when getting burned deep after gambling. The man's a hell of an athlete and yes, there aren't many great tacklers playing CB these days, but a certain free agent named Winfield is one of them and he used to play for our new DC. I think this trade is ok, woulda been great without the 2nd rounder...
BleedBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 03:59 PM   #37
johnnyredskin63
Special Teams

Talking

the trade had to take place without a doubt.i wish it could have been without the 2nd rounder but.bailey was gonna leave anyhow,he has had his mind made up for a long time on that.i say goodbye,good riddance,and bad luck to him.
HAIL TO THE REDSKINS
always remember ladies and germs-THE COWBOYS SUCK
johnnyredskin63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 04:20 PM   #38
redwagonskins
Impact Rookie

Champ didn't want to be here, end of story. If they didn't trade him, he would have sat out or had an unspectacular season like last year (any help against the run at all!) I understand he's one of the top corners in the league but the team is more important and he doesn't get it. If he wanted to be a Redskin, he had a hell of a deal on the table before the season. He also said if Armstead goes, I go....so see you later. We'll get Portis (22 year old Earnest Byner anybody?) and some free agents (Springs at CB). It ain't over. Add a Kearse type player to the line, draft Taylor, and a lower round DT and we're in the hunt. Oh by the way, Ramsey if you want to show you should be the starter, then shut up and win it in camp. He's already conceded the job. Talk about a positive attitude! I used to love the guy but I've lost a lot of respect for him whining lately.
redwagonskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 04:32 PM   #39
BleedBurgundy
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwagonskins
Champ didn't want to be here, end of story. If they didn't trade him, he would have sat out or had an unspectacular season like last year (any help against the run at all!) I understand he's one of the top corners in the league but the team is more important and he doesn't get it. If he wanted to be a Redskin, he had a hell of a deal on the table before the season. He also said if Armstead goes, I go....so see you later. We'll get Portis (22 year old Earnest Byner anybody?) and some free agents (Springs at CB). It ain't over. Add a Kearse type player to the line, draft Taylor, and a lower round DT and we're in the hunt. Oh by the way, Ramsey if you want to show you should be the starter, then shut up and win it in camp. He's already conceded the job. Talk about a positive attitude! I used to love the guy but I've lost a lot of respect for him whining lately.
i don't know, if I'm Ramsey, I've got one hell of a chip on my shoulder right now. He's been a good guy for us, taken one heck of a beating last year, been positive through the disaster with Spurrier and now he's being talked about as a clipboard caddy to Brunell (who was benched for a rook himself, last year.) I don't blame him for being pissed, I just hope he handles it with class and clearly defines himself as the starter in the preseason.
Old 02-25-2004, 04:55 PM   #40
redwagonskins
Impact Rookie

I hope Ramsey has a chip on his shoulder and I hope he does bring it when it comes to training camp. I want nothing more than for Ramsey to succeed because he has been a great player for the organization. Problem is, when his back is aginst the wall, he wants out rather than showing the Dan, Gibbs et al. that he is the man and not Brunell. There is nothing wrong with competition, it should drive you to excel, not cry about perceived unfairness. If he beats out Brunell, I have no problems with him leading the team but the way he got hit last year, it won't be for 16 games. (just curious - does anyone think that the Gibbs team saw something in the film that made them belive maybe it was Ramsey's fault for holding the ball to long and not making quick reads? Just a conspiracy theory)
redwagonskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 05:00 PM   #41
BleedBurgundy
Playmaker

Yeah, he was sort of statuesque in the pocket. Maybe Brunell can help with his movement in the pocket. That's only if they're not killing each other. I don't know, I trust Gibbs and his staff. So far, everything I've heard leads me to believe that he was just set on a proven veteran...but who knows? Does Ramsey remind anyone else of another number 11 playing in Buffalo right now? I hope he doesn't hit the same wall. He needs to get with his buddy Peyton and learn how to move around. #18 isn't winning any track meets but he stays off of his back pretty well.
Old 02-25-2004, 06:17 PM   #42
giacomo2
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal
Ug, our 2nd rounder. Portis is great, but our 2nd rounder for arguably the best CB in the league? Come on!
i just don't agree with parting with a 2nd. round pick...this draft is deep and loaded with talent. this to me is disappointing...
giacomo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 09:22 AM   #43
Sheriff Gonna Getcha
Franchise Player

I keep hearing that you can easily find RBs, but you can't easily find CBs.
That doesn't necessarily mean that a good CB is worth more than a good RB. I strongly believe that nothing can compensate for a lack of a running game. I also strongly believe that much can compensate for a lack of a strong secondary (i.e. strong front seven). Get a pass rush and your corners aren't as valuable. We all saw how horribly that works in reverse; good corners don't compensate for a lack of a pass rush. Give me Kearse, Starks, Gardener and Wynn in our front four and I'll show you a top notch defense (something we didn't have when Champ was here).
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 12:06 PM   #44
Gmanc711
Thank You, Sean.

I agree 100%, I dont think alot of the " experts " who say were getting screwed are thinking of that. I mean they arent even bringing the second rounder into it, alot of people's arguments is CB vs RB , which I think is absurd. A running back can change the game and a team a hell of alot more than a CB can.
Gmanc711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 04:56 PM   #45
johnnyredskin63
Special Teams

portis will be the best redskins back since riggins,he's the real deal and with byner as his coach he'll only get better.chump was not going to sign here for any price.he has had his mind made up to leave since he suspended negotiations on his new deal this past season.i can't wait till he comes to fed ex field the first time as a bronco.can you say hostile crowd fast three times?
HAIL TO THE REDSKINS
always remember ladies and germs-THE COWBOYS SUCK

Last edited by johnnyredskin63; 02-26-2004 at 04:58 PM.
johnnyredskin63 is offline   Reply With Quote