Why Haven't We Signed Brian Brohm

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-08-2009, 05:15 PM   #16
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Re: Why Haven't We Signed Brian Brohm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Exactly why we must sign Brock Berlin before week 2; and Timmy Chang before week 3
Finally a call for Timmy Chang! With Chang and Colt next year, we can implement the Polynesian Coast Offense!
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-08-2009, 05:22 PM   #17
roth74va
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
Finally a call for Timmy Chang! With Chang and Colt next year, we can implement the Polynesian Coast Offense!
LMAO........nice!
roth74va is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 05:25 PM   #18
T.O.Killa
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
OMG put down your crack pipe. Brohm sucked this pre season and that's what got him cut. Like it or not JC is our best option this year and probably next year at QB. Woodson, Colt and Brohm competing for #1 next year?? Yeah right. lol.
Well, he was a top talent in last years draft. If you watched the games he was under tremendous pressure when he played bad. He would be a real value at this point. Give me a break, if you think that Batiste or Mason are better or offer more potential then Brohm. Jason played good two games and still could not throw a TD pass. This is his last chance to show he belongs in DC and it comes by default. I am pulling for him, but his production has been dismal, in the red zone. Brett Farve and Kurt Warner were came from similar situations. Brohm was a real considered a top talent just one year ago. GB also has Mat Flynn and Maybe they had to make a choice between to good young quarterbacks. Sometimes teams make mistakes, like we did with Trent Green.
T.O.Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 05:32 PM   #19
roth74va
Special Teams

Id pass on Brohm, no thanks!
roth74va is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 05:32 PM   #20
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.O.Killa View Post
Well, he was a top talent in last years draft. If you watched the games he was under tremendous pressure when he played bad. He would be a real value at this point. Give me a break, if you think that Batiste or Mason are better or offer more potential then Brohm. Jason played good two games and still could not throw a TD pass. This is his last chance to show he belongs in DC and it comes by default. I am pulling for him, but his production has been dismal, in the red zone. Brett Farve and Kurt Warner were came from similar situations. Brohm was a real considered a top talent just one year ago. GB also has Mat Flynn and Maybe they had to make a choice between to good young quarterbacks. Sometimes teams make mistakes, like we did with Trent Green.
Well if you are pulling for him could you at least wait until he plays a few games this season?
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 05:41 PM   #21
T.O.Killa
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Well if you are pulling for him could you at least wait until he plays a few games this season?
Honestly, I am excited from what I have seen from him this year and I think that what I said was taken out of context. What I was saying is that Brohm, Brennan, and Woodson, could compete next year for roster spots. They should provide us with allot of potential. JC is not even under contract next year, so all I was saying is that they may even be competing for a starting spot. More than anything, I am talking about replacing Collins.
T.O.Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 05:42 PM   #22
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Honestly, I am excited from what I have seen from him this year and I think that what I said was taken out of context. What I was saying is that Brohm, Brennan, and Woodson, could compete next year for roster spots. They should provide us with allot of potential. JC is not even under contract next year, so all I was saying is that they may even be competing for a starting spot.
Ah, gotcha.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 10:37 PM   #23
celts32
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmvskinzfan08 View Post
Prospect means nothing unless you show something during the process of you being a player in the NFL. Colt & Chase were Heisman candidates. We just cut one of them and put the other one on IR. So what are you really saying? Woodson on the other hand had many accolades also. Could have sworn at one point he was in Heisman contention. So just to say we should sign Brohm because he was a top prospect is ridiculous.

Also if in case you haven't notice. The Redskins aren't into grooming QB's from rookies. Our fan base and ownership are too impatient and we will never use the word "rebuilding" for that matter.

Mason will contribute to special teams "he has no choice". He is our insurance policy because Betts hasn't been productive and Rock doesn't really service us at RB. So the need for him being on the roster is more pressing. Especially if anything happens to Portis. He will get just as many touches if CP gets injured as Betts in my opinion. Betts is good for catching the ball out of the backfield. That's why he is here and because he is a vet and knows the offense. Other than that he is not a threat at RB. That is why Mason is here.
The Heisman is a college award...it has nothing to do with being an NFL prospect. Brohm was a top NFL prospect 1 yr ago. Colt and Chas were marginal NFL prospects as evidence by their draft position. As for Mason...Zorn said today that Mason will not even be active unless he improves on special teams or they have an injury.

“Goal line, goal line. I-left, tight wing, 70 chip on white.”

www.facebook.com/HackettstownBeerClub
celts32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 12:39 AM   #24
PFunk26
Special Teams

i disagree with him playing well in preseason, I went to a packer preseason game and watched alot of the others being in the milwaukee area and Brohm sucks big time, the pack gave him lots of time to try to earn a spot and he couldnt do it, he overthrew and underthrew guys all the time it was ridiculous the time he was in at the Bills game i went to was the worst football to watch ever.
Old 09-09-2009, 12:50 AM   #25
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
Originally Posted by artmonkforhallofamein07 View Post
No thanks. The Pack must have a pretty good reason to let a second round pick go to the practice squad. LOL... Skinny.. classic...

Anyway I just don't see how the id would improve our team.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Brohm was a 2nd rounder last year and he's on the PS? That can't be good.
These days I'm hesitant to give every single team the benefit of the doubt when it comes to scouting players and consequently deciding if they stay or get cut. I mean it's not like good players never get cut or go unsigned. However given the Packers success in developing Aaron Rodgers I can safely say I trust their judgment on this one.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 01:30 AM   #26
ChickenMonkey
Special Teams

Jamon Meredith at OT would actually be a good pickup, he'd be a good addition at backup RT.....
ChickenMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 07:44 AM   #27
Meks
Pro Bowl

let's make this easy, NO. NO. NO.
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 08:04 AM   #28
doughtydoubter
Impact Rookie

yeah no brohm....but if we happen to sign a qb named booty..i might be for it simply so i can wear the jersey
doughtydoubter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 08:10 AM   #29
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

^So you want us to make a Booty call?
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 08:13 AM   #30
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
whatever.... brain brohm..now i've heard it all.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote