Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

sam bradford

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-15-2010, 11:22 AM   #1
skinster
Impact Rookie

sam bradford

I really just don't get how there is not more talk about this kid. I know its recognized that he's good, but I really don't think he gets credit for just how good he is. IMO he is having the best rookie season for a qb since I've been alive. The kid had mark Clayton on pace for 1200 yards, 88 rec, and 8 tds before he got hurt. He has no support on offense whatsoever. The rams arguably had the worst receiving corp in the league BEFORE 3 of his top 4 receivers got placed on IR. He has a second round rookie protecting his weak side, and a 30 year old career backup guard starting on his strong side (he has. He is not getting support from a running game that averages 3.8 yards per carry and only has 7 tds. And he has no tight end.

Even when facing all this adversity, he still has the best rookie numbers I have witnessed during my lifetime I know you could argue matt ryan's were better, but I have to disagree because I believe Ryan's low td total is indicative of him not being relied upon to carry the team. Plus matt ryan had roddy white, mike jenkins, michael turner's best year ever, and the same O-line he has now plus todd weiner.
I'd even go as far as to say that his year is comparable to Brady's 2001 year, and if the rams can put a talented team around him (which I don't think they will), they will win multiple superbowls.
skinster is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-15-2010, 11:27 AM   #2
mredskins
MVP

Re: sam bradford

Sam Bradford makes me want to cry over and over agian, when I think of the could have beens if he had on burgandy and gold.
Old 12-15-2010, 11:39 AM   #3
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Sam Bradford makes me want to cry over and over agian, when I think of the could have beens if he had on burgandy and gold.
Bradford is proof that it is indeed sometimes worth it to tank a season, because that was the only way we were going to get him at a reasonable price. Of course, the trio of Danny, Vinny, and Zorn all bought into their own optimism and thought they could win it all [again]. And then in damage control, they had absolutely no foresight.

Subjective valuations of players a be a bitch. Tashard Choice could go for a 4th rounder, but Jerruh wouldn't give him up unless he gets a 1st in return. Bradford probably would have required our entire draft to trade up, and even then the Rams may not have budged.

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 11:44 AM   #4
rbanerjee23
The Starter

Sam Bradford's had a pretty good year but let's see how the sophomore slump treats him. But woulda, coulda, shoulda ... no point crying over spilled milk. Question is should we draft a QB with one of our high picks?

-Mike Shanahan

HTTR
rbanerjee23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 11:48 AM   #5
MTK
\m/

Bradford has been impressive, wish we could have landed him but that's water under the bridge now.

I seem to recall a lot of people that were very leary of his shoulder and didn't want to sell the farm to trade up for him.

Still don't think he's been as impressive as Marino was in year 1 though.
Old 12-15-2010, 11:48 AM   #6
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbanerjee23 View Post
Sam Bradford's had a pretty good year but let's see how the sophomore slump treats him. But woulda, coulda, shoulda ... no point crying over spilled milk. Question is should we draft a QB with one of our high picks?
We're slowly pushing ourselves into a corner in which we have to. Not to mention that the recent first round QBs have all been at least adequate for their drafters. We better grab one before it's too late.

Then again, maybe Slingin' Sammy Baugh is destined to be our only first round stud QB, and hence we shouldn't bother even then.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
Old 12-15-2010, 11:50 AM   #7
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirClintonPortis View Post
We're slowly pushing ourselves into a corner in which we have to. Not to mention that the recent first round QBs have all been at least adequate for their drafters. We better grab one before it's too late.

Then again, maybe Slingin' Sammy Baugh is destined to be our only first round stud QB, and hence we shouldn't bother even then.
Before it's too late? Is the supply of franchise QBs out there running out? :cheeky-sm
Old 12-15-2010, 11:54 AM   #8
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirClintonPortis View Post
Bradford is proof that it is indeed sometimes worth it to tank a season, because that was the only way we were going to get him at a reasonable price. Of course, the trio of Danny, Vinny, and Zorn all bought into their own optimism and thought they could win it all [again]. And then in damage control, they had absolutely no foresight.

Subjective valuations of players a be a bitch. Tashard Choice could go for a 4th rounder, but Jerruh wouldn't give him up unless he gets a 1st in return. Bradford probably would have required our entire draft to trade up, and even then the Rams may not have budged.
x 2. But who is the next guy coming out that is as good as Bradford? Is there a total pure passer out there in the 11 draft?
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 11:57 AM   #9
skinster
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Before it's too late? Is the supply of franchise QBs out there running out? :cheeky-sm
I'd say there's only a little more than a third of the league has a "franchise" qb, so I would say they are hard to get. How much longer can we be bad enough to consistantly be a top 10 pick team? I'd say time is running out untill we reach a consistent state of mediocrity that prevents us from gaining a franchise qb for a long time.
skinster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 11:58 AM   #10
saden1
MVP

LOL...he was the #1 pick overall and he picked us apart without his best WR and RB. SamB is a true baller...a football genius and he hasn't even gotten started yet.

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 11:59 AM   #11
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Nope, they won't run out but they've been more "common" since 2008. Ryan, Stafford, Flacco, Sanchez, Freeman, and Bradford are all 1st rounders who have panned out. There's no way this is going to keep up. Knowing us, we'll choose one in a "bad year" like 2007(Jamarcus and Quinn) or or a so-so year like 2005(Alex Smith, JC, or Rodgers)

Old 12-15-2010, 11:59 AM   #12
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinster View Post
I'd say there's only a little more than a third of the league has a "franchise" qb, so I would say they are hard to get. How much longer can we be bad enough to consistantly be a top 10 pick team? I'd say time is running out untill we reach a consistent state of mediocrity that prevents us from gaining a franchise qb for a long time.
There are always plenty of quality QBs available outside of the top 10.

1/3 of the league has a franchise guy? I think we need to define franchise QB.
Old 12-15-2010, 12:10 PM   #13
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinster View Post
IMO, this is how the franchise QB landscape shapes up. (order doesn't matter)

Only the sure ones are included

NFC East
Vick, and that's it

NFC North
Cutler
Rodgers

NFC West
Bradford

NFC South
Brees
Freeman
Ryan

AFC East
Brady

AFC North
Rapistberger
Flacco

AFC West
Rivers

AFC South
Manning

12/32(or 37.5%), and I did not count guys like Eli, Romo, McNabb, Stafford, Sanchez, Cassel, or Schaub.

Old 12-15-2010, 12:13 PM   #14
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:

Agreed, because I'm not sure I would really classify Flacco and Cutler as franchise QBs

And Dirtbag can't understand why Whitehurst isn't on the list

I think I said it a few weeks back. I believe Bradford vs. Ryan could be the Manning vs. Brady of the next decade.
Old 12-15-2010, 12:15 PM   #15
saden1
MVP

Quote:

A guy that can get you into the playoffs year in year out. How "franchisy" you are depends from year to year. Matt Hasselbeck and Carson Palmer use to be a franchise QBs, now they be trash.

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote