Trouble in Redskins Park?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 02-13-2017, 06:56 PM   #16
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Trouble in Redskins Park?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Yeah I got to agree. McC isn't close to the problem..
I'm telling ya man, if we let Scot go I'm really done. The fact that this is even a possibility is amazing to me.

Advertisements
Old 02-13-2017, 07:24 PM   #17
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Bruce Allen needs to hit the road. He fucking sucks at picking players and should have been fired after 2014. Can Eric Schaefer do his job? Why is Snyder still employing this clown? What has he done since he's been here? Piss away draft picks for lazy ass, flabby, out of shape McNabb? Piss away more picks for RG3? Or overpay old ass Jason Hatcher? This idiot paid Andre Roberts big money and he couldn't catch the ball. Long, Breeland and Murphy are only serviceable players! Nothing more. Ryan Grant is a practice squad player. Amerson? Total bum that wanted to play video games all day. Tracey Porter played like 3 plays his only year here. His best players are Reed, Moses and Thompson.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 08:26 PM   #18
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
I'm telling ya man, if we let Scot go I'm really done. The fact that this is even a possibility is amazing to me.
I won't say I'm really done, but I'd seriously consider it. McC is probably the best FO move we've made since Bobby B. Allen deserves credit for that 2014 draft but I'd cut him 10/10 times before I let McC go.
Old 02-14-2017, 08:39 AM   #19
metalskins
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Do we know that's a true statement? Couldn't it be that SM didn't want to spend time answering redundant questions, and that BA was the person to do it? (I mean I can certainly see a no-nonsense GM wanting to pass the press off to a figure head guy, and then letting the figure head claim that he made the decisision)
Well, I would say if that's the case, then McCloughan and Allen should have made a joint statement to the media stating as such and squashing any rumors that there's some bad blood between the two. With them being silent on the subject (McCloughan having no choice) just keeps fueling the rumor mill and that is not a distraction you want going around at Redskins Park.

We all agree that McCloughan is not the problem, and there is pressure on everybody to make this coming year a success. But the more that the front office stays silent on this story, the more rumors will start flying. Such as McCloughan's drinking, the power struggle, Dan Snyder not being behind Kirk Cousins, etc.... the Post is having a field day and will continue to do so until someone from the front office comes out and sets the record straight. Until then, I can't help but to think what's being said is true.
Old 02-14-2017, 08:55 AM   #20
metalskins
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Bruce Allen needs to hit the road. He fucking sucks at picking players and should have been fired after 2014. Can Eric Schaefer do his job? Why is Snyder still employing this clown? What has he done since he's been here? Piss away draft picks for lazy ass, flabby, out of shape McNabb? Piss away more picks for RG3? Or overpay old ass Jason Hatcher? This idiot paid Andre Roberts big money and he couldn't catch the ball. Long, Breeland and Murphy are only serviceable players! Nothing more. Ryan Grant is a practice squad player. Amerson? Total bum that wanted to play video games all day. Tracey Porter played like 3 plays his only year here. His best players are Reed, Moses and Thompson.
Don't forget Morgan Moses. Allen had a hand in drafting him and he's preformed quite well.

In defense of Allen, he was definitely a step in the right direction once Snyder canned Vinny Cerrato. I would take Allen over Vinny any day, which shows you how much I loathed Cerrato as a Redskins GM. I think what Allen is best at is delegating responsibility to others who can do the job better than he can. Eric Schaefer does a fantastic job with the contracts, McCloughan IS better at player personnel than Allen. Allen can gloat all he wants to about 2014, but let's compare McCloughan's overall track record to Allen's and there's no comparison and Bruce Allen knows that.

I can't help but to think if there might be some issues with McCloughan's drinking and that's the reason why Allen has put the gag on SM? I hope this is not the case. Usually an alcoholic who doesn't completely abstain from the drinking falls back into alcoholism. I know every few alcoholics who can have an occasional beer and not have it lead to another and another and another.
Old 02-14-2017, 09:00 AM   #21
Schneed10
A Dude

I'm with CRed, don't jump to conclusions.

You guys remember Jay's end of season press conference where he was asked about talent, he kind of took a shot saying well our first rounder this year couldn't play and our first rounder last year was a guard.

Because if I were McCloughan I would be highly, highly annoyed at that comment. Allen's muzzling of McCloughan could be working both ways, he might have also told Jay don't comment anymore to the media about player acquisition. I want all of those comments kept in house.

That's just one possible scenario. I don't doubt Mike Jones's reporting that McC has been asked to stay away from the media. But there could be a ton of reasons for that, and it may not be the whole story. I mean is it out of the realm of possibility that there's actually a legit reason to keep the comments regarding player acquisition out of the media?

We know what Mike Jones knows but we don't know what Mike Jones doesn't know. Just keep that in perspective.
Old 02-14-2017, 09:02 AM   #22
Schneed10
A Dude

If anything, this organization has been too open with the media in the past. Keeping things closer to the vest is a good thing. If there's animosity in the building, that's a bad thing, but no matter what closing ranks is always a good idea.

Bill Belichick is the greatest head coach of all time and he never says shit.
Old 02-14-2017, 10:34 AM   #23
SouperMeister
Playmaker

Let's evaluate Scot's first draft after year 3. The one draft where Bruce had total control (2014) looks pretty good after 3 years: Trent Murphy (2nd), Morgan Moses (3rd), Spencer Long (3rd), and Bashaud Breeland (4th). That's 4 contributors with his top 4 picks. Preston Smith (2nd), Matt Jones (3rd), and Arie K (4th) are all picks by Scot heading into year 3.
SouperMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 10:57 AM   #24
Irrefutable
The Starter

I do not understand the love for Scot..... the only great pick was Crowder

Need to Know: Five Redskins who can boost Scot McCloughan's approval rating | CSN Mid-Atlantic
Irrefutable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 11:06 AM   #25
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irrefutable View Post

Need to Know: Five Redskins who can boost Scot McCloughan's approval rating | CSN Mid-Atlantic
With this statement, you've given up on last year entire rookie class and you didn't mention one of the most dominant O-line in Conference.

The division title McC "rookie" year with the Skins has his stamp all over it.

I think the most damning moves have been Paea, Reyes, and Bruton Free Agent picks. Scott must do a better job with Free agents this year.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 11:35 AM   #26
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

It's weird. Scot can find absolute GEMS when someone gets hurt, but when it's planned, they've definitely been busts. Again, I love me some Scot, but he loves that 49ers/Seahawks connection and sometimes that isn't the best way to go. I can't ignore that this team has vastly improved since he got here, so he gets another 1-2 years from me before I start questioning. I strongly believe if Doctson had stayed healthy we would have been in the playoffs and he would have been a huge contributor. We have red zone woes and he would have helped a LOT. Sure, could we have taken a DT/DE in that spot, but how much of a difference would that one person have really made?
Old 02-14-2017, 11:44 AM   #27
Irrefutable
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
With this statement, you've given up on last year entire rookie class and you didn't mention one of the most dominant O-line in Conference.

The division title McC "rookie" year with the Skins has his stamp all over it.

I think the most damning moves have been Paea, Reyes, and Bruton Free Agent picks. Scott must do a better job with Free agents this year.
Last year's draft was terrible. Doctson was going to get minimal playing time if he was healthy. Cravens, there are lots of questions about... position ? Fuller meh. Matt I ? not much there.

Giving Scot credit for the O-line is quite a stretch. He drafted Scherff as a tackle. He is the only guard picked in the top 5 in a long time ...over 10 years. There are pro-bowl guards picked later in the draft. They could not run the ball on 3rd and short behind the great O-line or in the red zone.

The list of free agent busts is much longer than the three you mentioned.

And winning a very weak division is setting the bar very low.
Irrefutable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 11:47 AM   #28
metalskins
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
If anything, this organization has been too open with the media in the past. Keeping things closer to the vest is a good thing. If there's animosity in the building, that's a bad thing, but no matter what closing ranks is always a good idea.

Bill Belichick is the greatest head coach of all time and he never says shit.
I think if anything, teams should take New England's lead on this and just stop answering questions that the media asks. So, I agree with you 100%. Maybe this is just a move to shut the media out and keep everything in house - like it should be. Heck, back in the 80's, we didn't know anything that went on in the offseason unless it was something like a player holding out for more money. I realize the rules were different back then, but there was never any news about Joe Gibbs or any of his coaching staff before hand. You didn't know if anybody had any cross words with each other. We all assumed the coaching staff was a united front (which they probably were but we wouldn't have known anything different.)

As matter of fact, it wasn't until years later when we eventually found out that Jack Kent Cooke was about to can Joe Gibbs in his first season before being talked off the ledge. I just believe, sometimes, access to too much information is a bad thing. With ol' hoodie, he never gives you a direct answer. If he doesn't like the question, he simply doesn't answer. Even if he likes the question, he still never answers it directly. Like you said, he doesn't say shit.
Old 02-14-2017, 11:49 AM   #29
metalskins
The Starter

Quote:
Last year's draft was terrible. Doctson was going to get minimal playing time if he was healthy. Cravens, there are lots of questions about... position ? Fuller meh. Matt I ? not much there.

Giving Scot credit for the O-line is quite a stretch. He drafted Scherff as a tackle. He is the only guard picked in the top 5 in a long time ...over 10 years. There are pro-bowl guards picked later in the draft. They could not run the ball on 3rd and short behind the great O-line or in the red zone.

The list of free agent busts is much longer than the three you mentioned.

And winning a very weak division is setting the bar very low.
So other than the three pick ups by Allen, name us all of the great pick ups Allen has been responsible for in his career as a GM, and compare it to all of the pick ups that McCloughan has been responsible for during his career in the NFL. You're judging by a couple years, the rest of us are judging by the body of work in a career.
Old 02-14-2017, 11:50 AM   #30
SirLK26
The Starter

Quote:

Scherff was a great pick, I dunno about taking a guard that high but he's a dominant player.

Most of the other picks are still in wait and see mode, you can't definitively judge either class yet

P.s. Austin Reiter as a 7th rounder played well for the Browns this season. Good pick, just a victim of numbers here. Also Kyshoen Jarrett was another good late round pick if not for an unfortunate injury
SirLK26 is offline   Reply With Quote