We won again post game thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-06-2021, 06:50 PM   #121
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Re: We won again post game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
His arm got hit right before he released it. Definitely changed the throw but it looked like a high danger throw regardless.

TH had a decent game. He made some nice on time throws. Threw off his back foot a few times as highlighted by the booth. Sailed some high balls,especially early.

One nice passing timing play to Humphries, that I think pre bye he holds, hesitates and misses the moment.
Taylor has taken some huge strides when it comes to anticipation. We did see a bit of high throws, something he had tremendously improved on the last 3 weeks.

He got lucky on that throw, but other than that very good game on his part IMO.

Advertisements
Old 12-06-2021, 08:19 PM   #122
rocnrik
Playmaker

Not sure why he throws the ball high … at least he doesn’t throw it low then high .. easier to fix one issue .. hopefully he can correct it
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 08:23 PM   #123
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
Not sure why he throws the ball high … at least he doesn’t throw it low then high .. easier to fix one issue .. hopefully he can correct it
I think he's already improved quite a lot on this high ball issue. Just a couple of them on Sunday, and it felt surprising compared to the previous 3 weeks.
Old 12-07-2021, 08:46 AM   #124
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

I think he purposely tries to throw high to LT because he knows he'll go up and get it, he has said as much. It's dangerous though because often he's too high. The floaters though...make me uber uncomfortable when they leave his hand.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 10:29 AM   #125
AnonEmouse
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
I think he purposely tries to throw high to LT because he knows he'll go up and get it, he has said as much. It's dangerous though because often he's too high. The floaters though...make me uber uncomfortable when they leave his hand.
And there was no need for that TD pass to be high; LT was all alone.

I think he's not stepping into his throws enough. which could be a psychological issue with his height. He ought to do what Brees did and make himself taller in the pocket so he has confidence to push into the throw.
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 10:45 AM   #126
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
I remember Colt would sail some short intermediate passes and Cooley said its bc he has a weaker arm and would try and load up on the ball but when you try and give a 5-10 yard throw that extra little bit its easier to sail the ball.

Trying to command a fastball. harder you throw, harder it is to control. And if you dont have that natural fastball arm sometimes you try and load up on a 10 yarder you sacrifice some accuracy/control.

Does he throw sometimes with the nose of the ball slightly up vs slightly down? A lightly up nose = wobbles and sailing the ball. I havent heard anybody talk about the detailed mechanics of how the ball comes out.

Id guess his spin rate is lower than most starting QBs as well.

---------------------------------------------

Narrator: However, velocity can be a double-edged sword. Because trying to increase the velocity behind a throw can sometimes compromise the integrity of the ball's spiral.

Orzel: If you're trying to throw the ball really, really hard, sometimes that means you can't get as much spin on it as you would like, and then the ball ends up not going as far as it could, just because it doesn't hold its orientation, and it tumbles in the air, and it's not as accurate.

https://www.insider.com/how-nfl-quar...otball-2019-10
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 10:49 AM   #127
MTK
\m/

Throwing off your back foot will make the ball go high too. I think that's usually his problem, not throwing with a good base.
Old 12-07-2021, 10:50 AM   #128
SunnySide
Playmaker

Also throwing off the back foot or legs parallel = inaccurate throws. This was haskins just relying all on arm strength and not using his torso/legs at all.

Good footwork, good base, good hip twerk ... Id imagine someone like Brady rarely throws not set.

Practice, practice, practice, focusing on the minut fundamentals ... making sure you have a good base and step in throws every single time. make it your religion.

Heinike shows that he is coachable and mendable and thats great bc we all know he is hungry and dedicated to being the best he can be for this team.

He has pride but hes not pride full.

edit -- matty beat me to it. I write unnecessary dissertations, you get to the point.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 10:54 AM   #129
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

With another full off season he could get better.. remember this guy was about to quit football for good just 12 months ago
Old 12-07-2021, 02:18 PM   #130
AnonEmouse
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
With another full off season he could get better.. remember this guy was about to quit football for good just 12 months ago
I was going to make that point but you beat me to it. He can do little to improve his power, but he can still work on technique this offseason, especially if he does go into 2022 as incumbent starter (he'd have had reps as #2 in camp). More time with the starters will let him tweak stuff.
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 03:52 PM   #131
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

What I love the most about TH is the guy THRIVES in the big moments.. I dont care how big of an arm you have or how accurate you are, that shit is not taught. Taylor has 100% Heart and most of the time he makes big time plays to win.
Old 12-07-2021, 08:09 PM   #132
Meks
Pro Bowl

Quote:
What I love the most about TH is the guy THRIVES in the big moments.. I dont care how big of an arm you have or how accurate you are, that shit is not taught. Taylor has 100% Heart and most of the time he makes big time plays to win.
Hes the opposite of kirk in those situations 🤷🤷
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 10:22 PM   #133
rocnrik
Playmaker

Quote:
what i love the most about th is the guy thrives in the big moments.. I dont care how big of an arm you have or how accurate you are, that shit is not taught. Taylor has 100% heart and most of the time he makes big time plays to win.
👍👍👍
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 11:01 PM   #134
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
He will have chance to show that this week. He needs to embrace Dallas hate and grow his legend even more.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote