Heyer Injured

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 08-04-2009, 04:31 PM   #31
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Re: Heyer Injured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I just got a paper cut while rushing to post on this website. Awaiting the results of the MRI. LOL. :cool-smil

Heyer played 12 games in 2007...was that also b/c of injury or was he just not starting?
I think he was just not starting

Advertisements
Old 08-04-2009, 04:32 PM   #32
53Fan
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
So I just heard they cut some DT, Vaka Mana-something or the other I think. Roster space for another OL?
According to our good friend JLC (ha-ha), Pete Kendall could still be in the picture for the Redskins.
Old 08-04-2009, 04:47 PM   #33
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

A bruised knee? There's no hope for Heyer. They should take a hint from race horses and just shoot him.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 04:48 PM   #34
Pocket$ $traight

Quote:
Originally Posted by stu_nna View Post
These worries are legit. Heyer has been hurt before, and this time Jansen won't be around to bail us out.

I don't think they really want another "bail out" like Jansen's. That is why they cut him.
Pocket$ $traight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 04:50 PM   #35
Pocket$ $traight

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Fan View Post
According to our good friend JLC (ha-ha), Pete Kendall could still be in the picture for the Redskins.
If Kendall would sign a one year deal for cheap that seems like a no-brainer.
Pocket$ $traight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 04:51 PM   #36
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
A bruised knee? There's no hope for Heyer. They should take a hint from race horses and just shoot him.
You can add Haynesworth, Thomas, and Rogers to that list. Apparently the team is already doomed.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 04:57 PM   #37
53Fan
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket$ $traight View Post
If Kendall would sign a one year deal for cheap that seems like a no-brainer.
Yeah. He hasn't been signed by anyone else and he's already familiar with us. He actually was one of our better linemen last year.
Old 08-04-2009, 04:59 PM   #38
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

NFL.com Blogs » Blog Archive Redskins injury update «
Old 08-04-2009, 05:05 PM   #39
Sheriff Gonna Getcha
Franchise Player

The play of the offensive line should improve and I think Haynesworth is likely making the unit look worse than it is, but I'm pretty concerned about the offense. Samuels, Rabach, and Thomas are old, Thomas and Samuels are coming off of injuries, and I don't trust a healthy Heyer to protect JC. Hopefully, we find someone who can come in and play RT for a year or until we find a better, long-term replacement for Jansen.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 05:39 PM   #40
an23dy
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Definitely possible given how deep the D-line is now. This got me thinking - with so many of our O-lineman north of 30/coming off surgery, if (when) injuries do occur, what kind of FAs are out there currently? I don't have a list, but I'd love to see one. Anyone?
WalterFootball.com: 2009 NFL Free Agents - Offensive Tackles

The list seems pretty updated, top guys are listed below ...

Mark Tauscher - 32 (Packers)
Levi Jones - 30 (Bengals)
Jon Runyan - 35 (Eagles)
Jonas Jennings - 31 (49ers)
Damane Duckett - 28 (Patriots)
Kwame Harris - 27 (Raiders)
an23dy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 05:43 PM   #41
skinsfan_nn
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff Gonna Getcha View Post
The play of the offensive line should improve and I think Haynesworth is likely making the unit look worse than it is, but I'm pretty concerned about the offense. Samuels, Rabach, and Thomas are old, Thomas and Samuels are coming off of injuries, and I don't trust a healthy Heyer to protect JC. Hopefully, we find someone who can come in and play RT for a year or until we find a better, long-term replacement for Jansen.
SGG, I agree. It is of concern that we have so many areas of potential concern up front. Certainly RT is a BIG one, I don't think Heyer is ready to start in this league at this time, he's a work in progress.

It also, doesn't appear Mike Williams will be ready for a while to make this great come back if at all.

Maybe Jeremy Bridges can fill the RT spot? When we picked him up I thought good Guard depth or maybe a challenger for Thomas given his health status. I know he has some Tackle experience, might want to see what he can do. Or make a move and pick up a Tackle.
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!
skinsfan_nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 05:48 PM   #42
Trample the Elderly
Playmaker

At this point I'd rather have Kendall than Thomas. This o-line has me concerned. If this team doesn't have a good year it will not be because of the defense, WRs, running game, coaches, or the QB; It will be because of the FO not drafting good OL men. I'm taking a wait and see approach and I hope my fears are groundless for Z, Soup, and the team's sake.
Old 08-04-2009, 07:34 PM   #43
ChickenMonkey
Special Teams

NFL.com's Jason La Canfora reports that free agent OT Levi Jones is drawing interest from "several teams."

La Canfora isn't specific about these teams, so we're assuming the report was driven by Jones' agent. Jones wants a surefire starting job, but probably won't get one. He's only been linked to the Cardinals since Cincy cut him.

Im almost sure the Redskins are one of the teams talking to his agent....................
ChickenMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 07:55 PM   #44
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

A few questions and thoughts about our Offensive Line:

- When I went to the Redskins training camp, our OL looked awful. I mean as soon as that ball was snapped, the line quickly turned into a circle around JC. Last year, for who ever went to our training camp, did our OL get manhandled as much as the are now?

- Why don't we move BIG Mike Williams in at guard? He is huge, and has more pass protection help than he does at right tackle. Because I don't think he's going to be a RT in the NFL. He just gets beat a lot by our pass rushers.

-Lets just go ahead and sign Levi Jones. He is a pro bowler, his knees should be healthy, and he is a starter at LT, so I could only assume that he'll do fine at RT. He's better than a good amount of the OLineman we have now, anyway.

-Is Jeremey Bridges working at guard or tackle, and is he getting good reviews from the coaches or is he being considered to start anywhere for us this year, because I have a hunch that Randy Thomas could be one of those surprise cuts for us, since he is dealing with two major operations on his neck and knee. And for Bridge's case, he was a starter for Carolina's OL that was one of the best rushing teams in the league.
CultBrennan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 08:17 PM   #45
The Goat
Pro Bowl

I think a fair assessment is that Heyer is injury prone and probably a slow healer. In '07 when he got playing time cuz of injuries I remember he ended up nursing a hamstring/groin pull that made him even less effective than otherwise. I think his performance in the playoff game against Seattle, facing Kearney, was the worst I saw by an olineman all year. Then last year he got hurt pretty quickly as well and the injury just seemed to nag him on and on. In short the FO is irresponsible IMHO to keep relying on a guy w/ Heyer's talent level/track record. I really, really hope Bridges or Williams steps up big between now and opening day...or we go out and spend some money at the position.