Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Skins at Giants pregame

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-21-2016, 12:05 PM   #31
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Re: Skins at Giants pregame

The gloom and doom around here is as ridiculous as it is oppressive. We've only played two games, people. Two games!

I hope that none of you is buying the media crap of "No team that has started the season 0-2 at home has ever made the playoffs". Well, no team with a left-handed equipment manager has ever won the Super Bowl, either. Both of those observations are irrelevant. Before the season ends, there will be plenty of media coverage like this, as well: "The Warthogs are the only team to ever...".

Get your minds right, you bunch of Negative Nancy's.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-21-2016, 12:44 PM   #32
calia
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
The gloom and doom around here is as ridiculous as it is oppressive. We've only played two games, people. Two games!

I hope that none of you is buying the media crap of "No team that has started the season 0-2 at home has ever made the playoffs". Well, no team with a left-handed equipment manager has ever won the Super Bowl, either. Both of those observations are irrelevant. Before the season ends, there will be plenty of media coverage like this, as well: "The Warthogs are the only team to ever...".

Great post. So the next 5 games we have are Giants, Lions, Browns, Ravens, and Eagles. As I said in an earlier post, there's no reason that we cannot win all of those games with the talent we have (we could also lose several of them as well, if we don't get it in gear). But we win those games and move to 5-2, discussion about the season being over will look a tad premature.

One game at a time, people. Beat the Giants.
Old 09-21-2016, 12:58 PM   #33
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by calia View Post
Great post. So the next 5 games we have are Giants, Lions, Browns, Ravens, and Eagles. As I said in an earlier post, there's no reason that we cannot win all of those games with the talent we have (we could also lose several of them as well, if we don't get it in gear). But we win those games and move to 5-2, discussion about the season being over will look a tad premature.

One game at a time, people. Beat the Giants.
<3 this!

I actually think, aside from obvious needs at some positions (I'd say D-line and Center to begin with) that I'm sure will be addressed during the offseason, all this team needs to win is confidence! The exact same games with, for say, Cousins and Breeland thinking as highly of themselves as Norman does, would not have gone the same way...
Old 09-21-2016, 12:59 PM   #34
artmonkforhallofamein07
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post

Tell that to KC. Sorry if the fan base is a bit jaded. When you can't get consistent QB play year in and year out, and then you pay a guy 20 mil who is suppose to do that and he misses 5 TD passes which would have won at least one game, fans are going to be pissed and tired of the same old bullshit we have seen for 20 plus years.
Old 09-21-2016, 01:02 PM   #35
irish
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Division games can always go either way. I've talked to several Giants fans this week and nobody thinks this game is a lock for them.
Agree. This is the NFL not college, there are no locks.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 01:23 PM   #36
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

This game is code red, purple, pink, its the whole color spectrum.

Beat the Giants and the Browns and we're back in business. Lose this game, the season is over for all intensive purposes. Oh, and the Steelers better beat the damn Eagles. If all this happens we are no worse than 1 game out of first and 1-1 in division after week 4.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 01:56 PM   #37
Schneed10
A Dude

Yeah because for as pissed off as I am that we missed so many open TDs against the Cowboys, we were a few accurate throws on those balls from routing their asses. So we're 0-2 but the strength of our team (the offense) is still a major threat. If Cousins gets it together then we're toe to toe with NYG.

But man I hate that I have to use the word 'if' when referring to our $20M quarterback.
Old 09-21-2016, 02:05 PM   #38
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

coworker said D Jax in street cloths today and not practicing...said jay will talk about it after practice...good effing grief.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 02:09 PM   #39
scowan
The Starter

Look folks, last year Cousins didn't throw any INTs in the Redzone. This year he threw one last week at an inopportune time. No one expected him to be perfect. Heck I remember Eli Manning throwing one to was it Quinten Dunbar last year? I would still rather have Kirk over Eli. The Redskins Defense is letting them down as much as Kirk is. It takes a group effort to win and lose in this league and the Redskins just didn't make enough plays or stops to win last week. If they find a way to beat the Giants this week, everything changes.
scowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 02:59 PM   #40
calia
Playmaker

I would just point out that The Giants barely beat Dallas in a rookie QB's first game ever -- a team that we could (and should) have beaten. They scored only 20 points and Eli threw for about 165 yards less than Cousins in our matchup against the same team.

The Giants also beat a very weak Saints team -- scoring 1 TD; total of 64 yards rushing against a pathetic defense.

Let's not proclaim ourselves doomed against this team. This is a winnable game.
Old 09-21-2016, 03:26 PM   #41
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by calia View Post
I would just point out that The Giants barely beat Dallas in a rookie QB's first game ever -- a team that we could (and should) have beaten. They scored only 20 points and Eli threw for about 165 yards less than Cousins in our matchup against the same team.

The Giants also beat a very weak Saints team -- scoring 1 TD; total of 64 yards rushing against a pathetic defense.

Let's not proclaim ourselves doomed against this team. This is a winnable game.
Giants aren't that good, 3-0 team? I doubt it. We'll beat them and start a small run. I think after 8 games we'll be 4-4
Old 09-21-2016, 04:44 PM   #42
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by artmonkforhallofamein07 View Post
Hate to put it all on Cousins, but when you are the QB and make 20 mil a year it is on you.

Only way we win is if KC gets his shit together. If not we will lose again. You cant have an inaccurate QB with an awesome WR core, but through two weeks thats what we have.
Doesn't matter how much money any ONE dude makes, the game will never hinge on ONE dude.

Kirk certainly has to have a good game, and he can't turn the ball over, but it is going to take much more than that to win this game.

Eli gets the ball out too fast to think we're going to get much pressure on him, so coverage has to be tight and they have to keep everything in front of them - let them have the short stuff, make them to drive the length of the field, and if they do - hold them to field goals. If they can do that, I think the offense can score enough to win.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 04:57 PM   #43
los panda
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Doesn't matter how much money any ONE dude makes, the game will never hinge on ONE dude.

Kirk certainly has to have a good game, and he can't turn the ball over, but it is going to take much more than that to win this game.

Eli gets the ball out too fast to think we're going to get much pressure on him, so coverage has to be tight and they have to keep everything in front of them - let them have the short stuff, make them to drive the length of the field, and if they do - hold them to field goals. If they can do that, I think the offense can score enough to win.
14 of 16 did for the colts in 2011.
Old 09-21-2016, 05:20 PM   #44
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by los panda View Post
14 of 16 did for the colts in 2011.
Ok, tell that to the 60+ other players that - what - had nothing to do with the results of that season? Along with the coaching staff that had no hand in it?

I would bet that they wouldn't make the same argument.

It's not all on Kirk. The coaching staff needs to formulate a good game plan, then the entire team needs to step up and execute it near flawlessly on the field.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 05:27 PM   #45
los panda
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Ok, tell that to the 60+ other players that - what - had nothing to do with the results of that season? Along with the coaching staff that had no hand in it?

I would bet that they wouldn't make the same argument.

It's not all on Kirk. The coaching staff needs to formulate a good game plan, then the entire team needs to step up and execute it near flawlessly on the field.
hey, those guys got 2 of 16. i'm not saying it's all on kirk, but it was *almost* all on manning in 2011.

the coaching staff needs to step up big time, but so does kirk.