Let's talk some Orakpo

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-14-2009, 04:02 PM   #121
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Re: Let's talk some Orakpo

Quote:
Originally Posted by artmonkforhallofamein07 View Post
Not really. Rak wasn't that effective. He didn't make any real plas other than a QB presssure. Maybe he is better suited playing end than SLB.
come on guys, this was his first pro game. geez, let's look at it the other way, name one play that was his primary responsibility that was a success? I can't. And nothing I've seen, or heard, leads me to think that he isn't transitioning well. with respect to Orakpo, patience will be very rewarding.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-14-2009, 04:15 PM   #122
warriorzpath

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
come on guys, this was his first pro game. geez, let's look at it the other way, name one play that was his primary responsibility that was a success? I can't. And nothing I've seen, or heard, leads me to think that he isn't transitioning well. with respect to Orakpo, patience will be very rewarding.
I followed him on a few plays when the running back ran off-tackle to his side. He was out-of-position on most plays, which allowed the running back a lot of space to run. I think he may be playing too close to the line of scrimmage which gets him tangled up a bit.
warriorzpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 11:09 PM   #123
JLee9718
Impact Rookie

In the Rams game, Orakpo finally made some decent plays. That penalty for roughing the passer was a bad call and I don't understand why it was made.
JLee9718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 12:24 AM   #124
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee9718 View Post
In the Rams game, Orakpo finally made some decent plays. That penalty for roughing the passer was a bad call and I don't understand why it was made.
Because he hit the quarterback when the ball was already out . Even if he can't avoid him, even if it's a millisecond after the ball is out those officials are flag ready. Sucks but remember it goes both ways, I've seen us getting roughing the passer penalties because D guys hit JC like immediately after the ball was out, so I won't complain. I guess the only thing to do is for Blache to teach the guys to avoid the qb at all costs if the ball is already or is gonna be out before our guy can get there.

And I agree in general bout Rak though, I think he was getting some decent pressure when he was coming off the edge and it showed a lot on the Rams last series. I really wish LB would be his secondary position but we gotta deal with it.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 12:29 AM   #125
NM Redskin
The Starter

If I remember correctly, he got two good pressures on Bulger in that final series. Cant wait to see the line against a rookie next week, shell shock.