Would you rather be 0-2

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-21-2009, 06:24 PM   #46
Trample the Elderly
Playmaker

Re: Would you rather be 0-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
funny thing, living up around baltimore, I could get 4 free toppings, would that be selling out?
Pizza is pizza bro. I'd have Ravens gear handy just in case.

Advertisements
Old 09-21-2009, 06:28 PM   #47
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Yeah, gotta admit, Zorn needs to understand that scoring in the red zone = free toppings. I mean 9.99 for a pizza, all good and well. But throw double free toppings and there wouldn't be a boo bird around!
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 06:28 PM   #48
53Fan
Franchise Player

Quote:
funny thing, living up around baltimore, I could get 4 free toppings, would that be selling out?
I think you get 8 C, it's double if they win.
Old 09-21-2009, 06:32 PM   #49
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Y'all come on up Pizza on me today .
Old 09-21-2009, 06:36 PM   #50
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
And I make pointless threads? wtf
Dude, no offense and with all due respect...but it is not so much that you make threads that are pointless in terms of content. The problem is that you make threads on subjects that are already being discussed. Your problem is one of repeats.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 06:56 PM   #51
WaldSkins
Playmaker

I don’t know how you sit here and cheer for a 9-7 victory of the rebuilding St. Louis Rams. We have the same problem every season which is the inability to sub-stain TD scoring drives. I’m giving JC a free pass for now because I just can’t seem to understand how we have all these weapons on this team and still fail to do anything with it.
Why spend so many draft picks on pass catchers and fail to get them the ball?
Why draft one of the best TE’s in last years draft and only use him as a pass blocker?( Oh I forgot his screen pass on the 5 yard line that resulted in a loss)
Where is the two TE set’s?

Every Monday I come home from work and there it is; Players and Coaches are saying things like “were close” and “just a few mental lapses to fix and we will see”. Scoring 9 points is not close. We were closer last season. Jim Zorn needs to be held accountable because the plays he’s calling is way, way too predictable.
Yeah we won but, you can’t expect to win in the NFL only scoring 9 points.
Old 09-21-2009, 07:18 PM   #52
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
It wasn't an excuse, you sit pounding your chest saying that the point is to get into the endzone. Who cares about yards. Who cares about drives, or the fact that last year we didn't even get in the red zone, blah blah blah. So I raised the stakes. The ultimate point is to win, I gives a hoot in the final tally if it's 31-26, 16-7, 33-31, or 9-7. We scored more, we won. IF we had needed a FG and our last two drives stalled at the 4, and we lost, I am all with ya. But We didn't, We NEEDED to make the Rams drive the whole field.

so I made the bottom line statement. we won.
You're right. And we're 3-7 in our last 10 games, and have looked pretty sloppy overall. If your bottom line is winning games, then you shouldn't really be pleased. That 3-7 could easily be 7-3 if we could find the endzone more often once we get inside the 20. My point.

I'm happy we came out with a W, but not pleased with the way we played. We dominated the stat sheet numerous times last year and still couldn't put anyone away. Looks like more of the same if you ask me.
Old 09-21-2009, 07:23 PM   #53
Mechanix544
The Starter

Good post Wald. I am really embarassed right now as a skins fan. The Seahawks shut them out and win 28 - 0, and we can't get to ten. TEN!!!!!!!!!!!! man oh man.....

Look at it from this view as well.

The Detroit Lions chilling drinking a gatorade in their locker room with their 24 game losing streak nice, shiny and intact. Which game on their schedule in the near future do you think they are giving themselves a good shot to win. Knowing the skins inability to get into the endzone, and the Lions actually scoring points and actually looking not too bad against the Vikes, whom alot of ppl have repping the NFC this year...........well...........I really hope we are not the streak breaker. And their better not be anyone on this board to say that its not possible and that it can't happen. I can see it now......

As a die hard skins fan, I just really hope it doesnt. I love my skins, but c'mon guys. This team has done the least with the most talent I have ever seen a team utilize. And that is SUCH A REAL STATEMENT.
Mechanix544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 07:45 PM   #54
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
You're right. And we're 3-7 in our last 10 games, and have looked pretty sloppy overall. If your bottom line is winning games, then you shouldn't really be pleased. That 3-7 could easily be 7-3 if we could find the endzone more often once we get inside the 20. My point.

I'm happy we came out with a W, but not pleased with the way we played. We dominated the stat sheet numerous times last year and still couldn't put anyone away. Looks like more of the same if you ask me.
It's convenient to go back 10 games. Any particular reason? Seems to me, we either stat zorn from the beginning, in which case he is 9-9, or this year, 1-1. or as we were talking about, 1 game where he is 1-0.

Whatever. The team is who it is, I'm not happy thrilled joyous, but I'm not blowing up the coaching staff/players etc. A win is good, the loss was bad. the loss was a good loss, we had a slim chance at the end, the win was a bad win, we could have lost, if they had gotten a miracle reception. last year we were 8-8, this year we are 1-1, we are so far a middle of the pack team, BUT, we also put good drives together, we had important stops. Last year, it didn't seem that way to me. For me I see more use of the other young receivers. I see more options and I see a lot of rough edges. if we don't improve then we will be rebuilding next year. But from Campbell stepping up in the pocket better this week, to Zorn's playcalling getting us atleast down to the endzone, I do see improvement. I want to see a LOT more.
Old 09-21-2009, 07:55 PM   #55
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
It's convenient to go back 10 games. Any particular reason? Seems to me, we either stat zorn from the beginning, in which case he is 9-9, or this year, 1-1. or as we were talking about, 1 game where he is 1-0.

Whatever. The team is who it is, I'm not happy thrilled joyous, but I'm not blowing up the coaching staff/players etc. A win is good, the loss was bad. the loss was a good loss, we had a slim chance at the end, the win was a bad win, we could have lost, if they had gotten a miracle reception. last year we were 8-8, this year we are 1-1, we are so far a middle of the pack team, BUT, we also put good drives together, we had important stops. Last year, it didn't seem that way to me. For me I see more use of the other young receivers. I see more options and I see a lot of rough edges. if we don't improve then we will be rebuilding next year. But from Campbell stepping up in the pocket better this week, to Zorn's playcalling getting us atleast down to the endzone, I do see improvement. I want to see a LOT more.
As to your first paragraph, I'm just saying after our nice start to last year, we've been a pretty bad team since.

As to your second paragraph, I pretty much agree, especially the last sentence.
Old 09-21-2009, 07:58 PM   #56
skinster
Impact Rookie

in some ways id actually rather be 0-2. I feel like we've been stuck in medioctrity for far too long. I do not feel like JC is the campbell, and i would be more than willing to throw away one season to draft a qb and be good for the next ten. Im just sick and tired of every year knowing that we're not good enough to win the super bowl. Even the years we made the playoffs, we clearly had no shot. I am 19 years old and have never experienced a quality redskins team that has a shot at winning the big show. I want to know what that is like, and i dont think we are on the path to do that now. We need a spark. A new qb is my answer
skinster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 08:06 PM   #57
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinster View Post
in some ways id actually rather be 0-2. I feel like we've been stuck in medioctrity for far too long. I do not feel like JC is the campbell, and i would be more than willing to throw away one season to draft a qb and be good for the next ten. Im just sick and tired of every year knowing that we're not good enough to win the super bowl. Even the years we made the playoffs, we clearly had no shot. I am 19 years old and have never experienced a quality redskins team that has a shot at winning the big show. I want to know what that is like, and i dont think we are on the path to do that now. We need a spark. A new qb is my answer
Huh?
Old 09-21-2009, 08:48 PM   #58
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:

More specifically, we've played exactly like you'd expect a 1-1 team to play. And thusly, we are 1-1.

Two weeks ago, I thought we would be 2-0 at this point, but we haven't played well enough to deserve that, so, naturally, we're 1-1.

If we play well next week, we'll deserve to be 2-1. And given the competition, probably will be.
Old 09-21-2009, 08:50 PM   #59
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldSkins View Post
I don’t know how you sit here and cheer for a 9-7 victory of the rebuilding St. Louis Rams. We have the same problem every season which is the inability to sub-stain TD scoring drives. I’m giving JC a free pass for now because I just can’t seem to understand how we have all these weapons on this team and still fail to do anything with it.
Why spend so many draft picks on pass catchers and fail to get them the ball?
Why draft one of the best TE’s in last years draft and only use him as a pass blocker?( Oh I forgot his screen pass on the 5 yard line that resulted in a loss)
Where is the two TE set’s?

Every Monday I come home from work and there it is; Players and Coaches are saying things like “were close” and “just a few mental lapses to fix and we will see”. Scoring 9 points is not close. We were closer last season. Jim Zorn needs to be held accountable because the plays he’s calling is way, way too predictable.
Yeah we won but, you can’t expect to win in the NFL only scoring 9 points.
I would say that scoring 9 points when you fail to get in the end zone 4 times from inside the 10 and 5 times from inside the 20 is, by it's very definition, close. I actually don't think putting it any other way would describe it better.

Awful playcalling aside, let's assume perfect offensive execution. Dream scenario, but lets say DT catches his TD, and Sellers catches his. Red Zone playcalling is not one iota better but we score 20 points instead of 9 (assuption -- Suisham makes a FG on that last drive). We win a 20-7 blowout.

I'd say that we didn't miss by much. There's not much St. Louis can say that "if we had just did this one thing, we would have beaten them". Yeah, convert that 4th quarter fumble into a TD, and they might have won, but that also would have required them to score the third TD of the year against our defense, which they proved they didn't have the firepower to do.
Old 09-21-2009, 09:30 PM   #60
skinster
Impact Rookie

lol whoops i meant i dont think jc is the answer.
skinster is offline   Reply With Quote