When is Enough, Enough? Bruce Allen Edition

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-10-2018, 11:14 AM   #16
irish
Playmaker

Re: When is Enough, Enough? Bruce Allen Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Question, if talent isn't an issue...where do you rank our roster just within the division?

Eagles have a more talented roster...that's an easy one. I think the Giants roster is on par with ours. I think Offensive talent we are better the cowboys...but defensively I think they are equally talented, and maybe give the Cowboys a slight edge.

To say the talent isn't an issue, that's just ignorant....borderline stupid.

Callahan, Tomsula, Kotwica, randy Jordan...these are league-wide, well respected coaches.
Totally agree. Talent is still an issue with this team. Sure the roster has some talent but this team has no bonafide superstars. People might say Williams or Kerrigan and they are nice players but nobody would line up to get those guys. Until the talent gets better this team is stuck in the middle.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-10-2018, 11:27 AM   #17
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Eh, he canned Vinny twice. Bruce isn't untouchable. It would probably be presented as him stepping down and not being fired.
He also hired Vinny twice, for some unfathomable reason.

He doesn't need to fire Bruce to make things better. He could simply put Bruce in charge of all things to do with "winning off the field" and tell Bruce to stay the F away from all football related things.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 11:51 AM   #18
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
He also hired Vinny twice, for some unfathomable reason.

He doesn't need to fire Bruce to make things better. He could simply put Bruce in charge of all things to do with "winning off the field" and tell Bruce to stay the F away from all football related things.
They tried that with the McCloughan hiring but that didn't work out because Scott was getting too much praise.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 11:57 AM   #19
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Question, if talent isn't an issue...where do you rank our roster just within the division?

Eagles have a more talented roster...that's an easy one. I think the Giants roster is on par with ours. I think Offensive talent we are better the cowboys...but defensively I think they are equally talented, and maybe give the Cowboys a slight edge.

To say the talent isn't an issue, that's just ignorant....borderline stupid.

Callahan, Tomsula, Kotwica, randy Jordan...these are league-wide, well respected coaches.
Do you think there's enough talent to win 10 games? I do. Definitely enough talent here to challenge for the division.
Old 10-10-2018, 11:58 AM   #20
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
Totally agree. Talent is still an issue with this team. Sure the roster has some talent but this team has no bonafide superstars. People might say Williams or Kerrigan and they are nice players but nobody would line up to get those guys. Until the talent gets better this team is stuck in the middle.
Williams is more than just a nice player. He's an elite LT.
Old 10-10-2018, 12:08 PM   #21
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Do you think there's enough talent to win 10 games? I do. Definitely enough talent here to challenge for the division.
Honestly...10 wins, I don't think we do.

To challenge for the division, its a different question but Peterson/Schwartz are the best coaches and they have more talent on the roster. I don't think we can.

We need things to go our way in order to challenge. We will see.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 12:27 PM   #22
irish
Playmaker

Quote:
When he isn't hurt which is often. Even saying he's elite, who else do the Skins have that is elite? Nobody.
Old 10-10-2018, 12:27 PM   #23
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Williams is consistently a top 5 LT , That is not a Nice player that is a HOF type lineman. Kerrigan is a "nice" type of player
Old 10-10-2018, 12:30 PM   #24
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
When he isn't hurt which is often. Even saying he's elite, who else do the Skins have that is elite? Nobody.
I agree , nobody else is Elite on this team but we have a good roster. Better than it has been, especially on D. Now the WRs are very AVG as is our Pass rushers (Kerrigan and Smith).

I am sticking with my 9-7 prediction.
Old 10-10-2018, 12:34 PM   #25
MTK
\m/

Quote:

When has his missed major time? Even on one knee he played great last year. I get your point about the team lacking A+ type of players but Williams isn’t a good example to point to
Old 10-10-2018, 01:42 PM   #26
irish
Playmaker

Quote:
When has his missed major time? Even on one knee he played great last year. I get your point about the team lacking A+ type of players but Williams isn’t a good example to point to
He doesn't miss major time but he's never 100%. I'll give you Williams but when an OT is your only A+ player then your team is severely lacking talent.
Old 10-10-2018, 01:49 PM   #27
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
I am willing to bet everything you own that if we released or offered to trade Trent William's at 5pm today he'd be on another team by 6:30

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 02:14 PM   #28
irish
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
I am willing to bet everything you own that if we released or offered to trade Trent William's at 5pm today he'd be on another team by 6:30
Agree but I bet the Skins wouldn't get nearly what you think they'd get for him. My point is that if Williams is the team's only A+ player then this team has a talent problem that no amount of coaching will fix.
Old 10-10-2018, 02:33 PM   #29
Schneed10
A Dude

Lack of star power is definitely an issue on this team. There's no guy capable of taking over and dominating. No Aaron Donald, no JJ Watt, no Khalil Mack, no Jalen Ramsey, no Antonio Brown, no Gronk, etc.

You can still be a 10-6 team without a star, though. We do have enough talent to be that good. I point more towards coaching as the issue, rather than lack of talent.

And I point towards the front office for the failing in the coaching department, too. The front office is supposed to set the culture and find the coach. Allen and Gruden both need to go.
Old 10-10-2018, 02:57 PM   #30
irish
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Lack of star power is definitely an issue on this team. There's no guy capable of taking over and dominating. No Aaron Donald, no JJ Watt, no Khalil Mack, no Jalen Ramsey, no Antonio Brown, no Gronk, etc.

You can still be a 10-6 team without a star, though. We do have enough talent to be that good. I point more towards coaching as the issue, rather than lack of talent.

And I point towards the front office for the failing in the coaching department, too. The front office is supposed to set the culture and find the coach. Allen and Gruden both need to go.
While I have been making the point for not enough talent, I agree with you about coaching as well. It seems to me that the Skins coaches never seem to make anyone outplay their contract. Other teams seems to take nobodys and make them into good players while the Skins struggle to get what talent the players have out of them. Gruden will be gone at the end of the season and it will be start over and rebuild. The wheels keep on spinning.