Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Around the NFL week 13

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-30-2022, 08:53 AM   #1
MTK
\m/

Around the NFL week 13

Crazy how RW's play has fallen off a cliff, I was all in favor of trading for this guy. Imagine if we did? It would have been McNabb 2.0

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2022/11...de-options-nfl

Advertisements
Old 11-30-2022, 08:55 AM   #2
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Around the NFL week 13

Seattle saw it coming last yr and hit the jackpot. Not only did they get a haul in return but they are doing great with Geno Smith.
Old 11-30-2022, 09:36 AM   #3
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Seattle saw it coming last yr and hit the jackpot. Not only did they get a haul in return but they are doing great with Geno Smith.
If I remember correctly, RW started the trade talks. Seattle just got smart and pulled the trigger, and in their own terms IMO. Green Bay is probably kicking themselves for not doing the same with Rodgers.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 09:40 AM   #4
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Bringing this discussion from the Week 12 thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
The Raiders are the only team that had a chance long-term imo.

Raiders should have went to LA, Rams or Chargers should have went to Vegas. Then the last team should have went to like San Antonio, OKC, etc.

Of course, the Raiders won out by landing in Vegas. So good for them.
sdskinsfan2001 makes an excellent point here. NFL should have done anything and everything to move the Raiders to LA. But Kroenke had the $$$ to build that behemoth of a stadium in LA.
R.I.P. #21
Old 11-30-2022, 09:41 AM   #5
MTK
\m/

Seattle tried trading him going back to prior to the 2017 draft. His diva act wore them out even when he was still balling.
Old 11-30-2022, 09:43 AM   #6
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Crazy how RW's play has fallen off a cliff, I was all in favor of trading for this guy. Imagine if we did? It would have been McNabb 2.0

That is a great read and the commanders going into next year could find themselves in a very similar situation where do we bet the farm on one guy at QB to get us over the hump. Denver made that bet and take several steps back.

These big QB contracts can cripple a franchise; the BAL situation is going be really interesting.
Old 11-30-2022, 12:25 PM   #7
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

The Athletic is reporting Tom Brady wants to finish his career in NE next season. WOW
Old 11-30-2022, 12:38 PM   #8
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
The Athletic is reporting Tom Brady wants to finish his career in NE next season. WOW
As a backup? Why? He's a hall of famer and could have easily gone out on a high note after he won the SB with Tampa.

Also, if he can't win (again) with a stacked team in Tampa Bay, how is he going to do in a competitive AFC East with not the same talent?
R.I.P. #21
Old 11-30-2022, 12:39 PM   #9
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
As a backup? Why? He's a hall of famer and could have easily gone out on a high note after he won the SB with Tampa.
He'll be QB1
Old 11-30-2022, 12:44 PM   #10
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
He'll be QB1
I think this happens if Kraft forces Belichick to do this. Is Brady bringing his receivers from Tampa Bay?
R.I.P. #21
Old 12-01-2022, 08:08 AM   #11
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post

Maybe. Could also just be Denver. I still imagine a guy who can run, and get the ball out quickly with the ability to go deep. The Wentz plus Heinicke quarterback we always talk about. Haven’t really watched enough Denver to know and have no idea what kind of offense they run, though it does seem like he fell off a cliff as you say.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 08:08 AM   #12
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
He'll be QB1

Yeah he is still better than Jones.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 10:37 AM   #13
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

The Broncos have been getting HAMMERED every week by the local news, sports shows, etc. Every week it's a discussion about whether this was the worst trade in NFL history, when is Hackett going to be fired, when will George Paton be fired...

There's a theory that this all snowballed since the end of the Seattle game, when Hackett decided to try a 64 yard FG rather than let Russ cook on the 4th and 5 - and try to get the 1st down. The theory is that from that point, Russ doesn't trust Hackett, doesn't think Hackett trusts him, blah blah blah.

I love it. I felt like I lived in Dallas leading up to the regular season with all the Super Bowl talk. I hope they don't win another game, and that is entirely possible. They were already flexed out of next week's Sunday Night game with the Chiefs. The NFL has to really think you suck if they are taking the Chiefs out of prime time.

Anyway, there's new ownership here, and they aren't tied to any of this, other than the new contract for Wilson which was sooo stupid to do without seeing him so much as play a down in a Broncos uniform. They will probably all be fired between now and January, and the Broncos will be left with Russ and his contract for the foreseeable future. This trade may have set this franchise back several years...
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 10:39 AM   #14
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
The Broncos have been getting HAMMERED every week by the local news, sports shows, etc. Every week it's a discussion about whether this was the worst trade in NFL history, when is Hackett going to be fired, when will George Paton be fired...

There's a theory that this all snowballed since the end of the Seattle game, when Hackett decided to try a 64 yard FG rather than let Russ cook on the 4th and 5 - and try to get the 1st down. The theory is that from that point, Russ doesn't trust Hackett, doesn't think Hackett trusts him, blah blah blah.

I love it. I felt like I lived in Dallas leading up to the regular season with all the Super Bowl talk. I hope they don't win another game, and that is entirely possible. They were already flexed out of next week's Sunday Night game with the Chiefs. The NFL has to really think you suck if they are taking the Chiefs out of prime time.

Anyway, there's new ownership here, and they aren't tied to any of this, other than the new contract for Wilson which was sooo stupid to do without seeing him so much as play a down in a Broncos uniform. They will probably all be fired between now and January, and the Broncos will be left with Russ and his contract for the foreseeable future. This trade may have set this franchise back several years...
Hackett didn't let him ride to the kitchen to cook up a 1st down.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 11:04 AM   #15
MTK
\m/

Watch, they'll make Hackett the fall guy