How Low Can We Go? Redskins @ Giants Postgame Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-30-2019, 03:30 PM   #121
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

How Low Can We Go? Redskins @ Giants Postgame Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
Lol I gotta tell you that you are allowing your frustrations to cloud your evaluation, just like many people are and I don't blame you guys at all. After all, we are falling to the bottom of sea pretty fast. I just realized that you typed excellent talents, I read your comment too quickly and thought of talents alone in general. But then, not many teams have several players with excellent talents so I'm going to discuss about talents in general.

Yes, Holcomb and Moreau had a bad game yesterday. Thus, in your perspective, that game alone negates every other games they played? Moreland fell to 7th round for a reason, and in my opinion, he exceeded expectations for 7th round player, which is to contribute on a regular basis. Yes he gave up big plays, but he also made some plays. It is coaches' job to put players in position to make plays, maximizing players' strengths and mask their weaknesses. We have amazing D-line and Manusky couldn't even utilize it. Preston Smith didn't do much with us and yet he's becoming an important piece for Green Bay. Trent Murphy haven't made his name in NFL but he is a starter for Buffalo defense which has been pretty good unit for last two or three years. Murphy looked like a JAG except for last few games when he was here. Collins is starting to look like a bust considering the size of his contract. Collins has his limitations, we all know that, and yet he is exposed frequently. This is 100% on Manusky and Horton.

I have been Gruden's supporter ever since he came here, I appreciate what he did for Redskins - he helped bring Redskins out of the shit we were in before. It is now evident that Gruden's time with us has passed, he had multiple opportunities with us but he couldn't find a defense coordinator and it cost him his job. Despite the fact that we are falling down pretty fast, we do have some talents on this team. I honestly believe we do have some pieces that will entice some candidates. We just need to get rid of all players that are not giving what we need from them, then build on the young players we have.

Holcomb doesn’t really have many other games too go by. Lol. Not ready to give up but sticking to original post not ready to say excellent potential by any means. Moreau has always sucked imo. Moreland didn’t fall to 7th for ant other reason than he comes from a small school. Again certainly not ready to give up but excellent potential? Maybe.
Totally not emotional points. Excellent potential to me means they can be stars. I see it in our two young d linemen and dunbar. Don’t mean others won’t make the jump but I don’t see it now. Bring in a DC and that can all change.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-30-2019, 05:03 PM   #122
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: How Low Can We Go? Redskins @ Giants Postgame Thread

I think we also need to ask ourselves why our d-line has been so ineffective this year.

On paper Allen/Payne/Ioannidis plus Kerrigan and Sweat as pass rushers sounds good. But it seems too often we're rushing 4 and not getting any pressure.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 05:03 PM   #123
Meks
Pro Bowl

How do they still have jobs?
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 05:04 PM   #124
kct1975
The Starter

A friend of mine saw this Tweet yesterday and sent it to me... I think that it sums up the feelings of most of the guys here...

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
Old 09-30-2019, 05:05 PM   #125
skinsfan69
Living Legend

We have simply missed on too many draft picks. Let some go cause the FO felt they were not good enough to extend. 2016 in particular was just horrible.

But I love how when after the draft everyone was complementing the Redskins and here comes Bruce. He's talking to everyone and patting himself on the back. Now we're 0-5 and that fucking slimy rat bastard will not open his mouth for shit. He's incognito. He is nothing but a cockroach, he scatters when the lights get too bright.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 05:13 PM   #126
calia
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
We have simply missed on too many draft picks. Let some go cause the FO felt they were not good enough to extend. 2016 in particular was just horrible.

But I love how when after the draft everyone was complementing the Redskins and here comes Bruce. He's talking to everyone and patting himself on the back. Now we're 0-5 and that fucking slimy rat bastard will not open his mouth for shit. He's incognito. He is nothing but a cockroach, he scatters when the lights get too bright.
And he seems to be indestructible. If there's a nuclear holocaust, we can assume that cockroaches and Bruce will survive.
Old 09-30-2019, 05:45 PM   #127
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:

Last 2 drafts have been solid, it takes about 3 years to get the players to speed. In this case it’s the coaching scheme. How come so many ex-Redskins do better elsewhere?

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 05:49 PM   #128
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:

And every god damn year we say "but this years draft class looks really good".
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 05:54 PM   #129
Indian-brave
Special Teams

Listerine breath strip?
Ouch...eewww
Indian-brave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 06:04 PM   #130
HTTR
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Last 2 drafts have been solid, it takes about 3 years to get the players to speed. In this case it’s the coaching scheme. How come so many ex-Redskins do better elsewhere?

Exactly. Sure, we could use better players. But that’s not the main reason this team is in shambles.
Old 09-30-2019, 11:48 PM   #131
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

I'm adopting the Preston Smith theory. Our defense has a lot of good players but the coaching staff is so fucking incompetent that they make everyone look bad. If this is incorrect we are going to suck on defense for a long long time.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 12:21 AM   #132
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

I'm drinking beers on a Monday, maybe it's the beer, but I might have to watch us vs. Dolphins. This tragic comedy might be amazing.

Dolphins are really going to have to try to tank against us. We suck without tanking.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 12:56 AM   #133
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I think we also need to ask ourselves why our d-line has been so ineffective this year.

On paper Allen/Payne/Ioannidis plus Kerrigan and Sweat as pass rushers sounds good. But it seems too often we're rushing 4 and not getting any pressure.
The main issue is Manuski......
Old 10-01-2019, 09:06 AM   #134
kct1975
The Starter

Pretty much sums up the team since Dan Snyder took over as the owner

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
Old 10-01-2019, 10:31 AM   #135
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

EDIT: Already posted.