Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Bills Post Game - Post Here

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-05-2019, 12:21 AM   #61
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Re: Bills Post Game - Post Here

Haskins wasn't amazing... but that was still a HUGE step forward, and he looked way more confident out there. Curious to see his progression throughout the year.

Game balls to AP and the OL who did a decent job. Like Jon Bostic week after week too.

I was expecting the Bills D to smuggle our offense, so while they didn't score any TD, I thought the Skins moved the ball better than I thought they would.

Defense is concerning though, they show some great flashes (loved Payne stuffing a 4th and short by going low a second week in a row) but then they collapse when it "matters" ("" cuz nothing really matters this year).

How Manusky still has a job amazes me week after week...

Advertisements
Old 11-05-2019, 02:41 AM   #62
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Until this team figures out how to possess the ball more, the defense will continue to struggle. The offense has been pretty terrible no matter which quarterback is in there. So either all the quarterbacks suck, all the talent around them sucks, the play calling sucks, or maybe it's a combination of all three. Don't get me wrong here, there have been some breakdowns on the defense. But if we are speaking the truth here, the defense has not been the problem. It is the offense's inability to possess the ball that has had a very direct affect on the defense, and that is the biggest problem.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 04:26 AM   #63
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Until this team figures out how to possess the ball more, the defense will continue to struggle. The offense has been pretty terrible no matter which quarterback is in there. So either all the quarterbacks suck, all the talent around them sucks, the play calling sucks, or maybe it's a combination of all three. Don't get me wrong here, there have been some breakdowns on the defense. But if we are speaking the truth here, the defense has not been the problem. It is the offense's inability to possess the ball that has had a very direct affect on the defense, and that is the biggest problem.
True.
My judgement may very well biased by the fact I expect absolutely nothing from our offense, and quite a lot from our D.
I was among those who said last week's performance against the Vikings was quite impressive.

But at times on Sunday they made Singletary look like Alvin Kamara and Josh Allen like a decent QB. Which they're both not.

Forgot to mention Apke's rise on the positives!
Old 11-05-2019, 06:46 AM   #64
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
I mean possessing the ball is one thing, but I think the main issue is three games without an touchdown. That will cause problems.

While I’ve been strong proponent of running the ball and shifting to a running team, BUT you have to have a passing game and a coaching strategy that builds a passing attack off the run. Callahan does none of this...in the. Second half 5 of 6 1st down plays were runs with 11 in the box....So buffalo commits to stopping the run, adjust. Callahan refuses.

And then Callahan continues the Bruce line of “we are close”. Dude! No td in 3 games, we are not fucking close.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 07:04 AM   #65
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
Montez has some clean shots at Josh Allen and missed. Disappointed with this kid so far.
Yeah best thing about him is his old spice commercial that I am seeing constantly,dude hit it big with commercial before doing anything
Old 11-05-2019, 07:36 AM   #66
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
Haskins wasn't amazing... but that was still a HUGE step forward, and he looked way more confident out there. Curious to see his progression throughout the year.

Game balls to AP and the OL who did a decent job. Like Jon Bostic week after week too.

I was expecting the Bills D to smuggle our offense, so while they didn't score any TD, I thought the Skins moved the ball better than I thought they would.

Defense is concerning though, they show some great flashes (loved Payne stuffing a 4th and short by going low a second week in a row) but then they collapse when it "matters" ("" cuz nothing really matters this year).

How Manusky still has a job amazes me week after week...
Even back in the good old days when QBs got as beat up as everyone else it was much more physically demanding to play defense. In this day an age it has to be 2-3x as physically demanding as playing offense. With the Redskins lack of depth on defense plus an offense that can't sustain drives those guys are eventually going to wear out.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 12:34 PM   #67
SunnySide
Playmaker

Secondary - I have not seen many complete breakdowns in the secondary this year like years past. Sure, theres been plays where Norman is slow to identify and keep up with his man and it goes for a big play but that wasnt a completely blown coverage where a guy is forgotten and unaccounted for.

Getting to the line on O - seemed like we did a good job of getting out of the huddle and into formation quickly. I think we called 1 TO with the clock ticking down but it was fine, I think we were on their half wanting to get things right.

D line - those short yardage stuffs were awesome. Gives guys like Allen and Payne at least something to hang their hat on.
Old 11-05-2019, 02:53 PM   #68
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
Yeah best thing about him is his old spice commercial that I am seeing constantly,dude hit it big with commercial before doing anything

Pretty sure he did the deodorant commercial because of his name not his accolades. Lol
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 02:55 PM   #69
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I mean possessing the ball is one thing, but I think the main issue is three games without an touchdown. That will cause problems.

While I’ve been strong proponent of running the ball and shifting to a running team, BUT you have to have a passing game and a coaching strategy that builds a passing attack off the run. Callahan does none of this...in the. Second half 5 of 6 1st down plays were runs with 11 in the box....So buffalo commits to stopping the run, adjust. Callahan refuses.

And then Callahan continues the Bruce line of “we are close”. Dude! No td in 3 games, we are not fucking close.

More like one td in five games. A lucky run against the Pats. I don’t even count the Dolphins game.
Old 11-05-2019, 04:09 PM   #70
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Pretty sure he did the deodorant commercial because of his name not his accolades. Lol
More power to him too, take the $$ when you can.
Old 11-05-2019, 04:57 PM   #71
SunnySide
Playmaker

I wonder if it was Sweat's agent who approached and pitched to Old Spice or vice versa. If his agent did it, good job agent.
Old 11-05-2019, 07:08 PM   #72
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
More power to him too, take the $$ when you can.

Hell yeah. But with a name like Sweat I think he will always have a niche in the deodorant commercial market!
Old 11-05-2019, 09:07 PM   #73
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
Even back in the good old days when QBs got as beat up as everyone else it was much more physically demanding to play defense. In this day an age it has to be 2-3x as physically demanding as playing offense. With the Redskins lack of depth on defense plus an offense that can't sustain drives those guys are eventually going to wear out.
Absolutely right. Solid point, and I may be asking too much from this D.

But they still allowed 17 points to the Bills in one half. They played better in the second half, until late in the 4th when the "wearing out" effect is legit. But were they worn out in the 1st quarter too ?

Don't get me wrong, I know the defense is not THE issue of this team, and I like the defensive side of this roster probably more than a lot of you guys... I just feel like this D is not consistently playing at level it could.
Old 11-05-2019, 09:41 PM   #74
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Every facet of the team (coaches and players) are part of the problem. My main issue is the coaches make the game harder for the players, and not easier.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 09:55 PM   #75
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

On the first drive of the 2nd qtr, AD had 3 straight rushes for over 18 + yards, that is pretty damn impressive for a 34 YO back.

Also tape on haskins was good, he had a couple good balls dropped one by Terry which is rare, he also moved well from pressure

Last edited by skinsfaninok; 11-06-2019 at 08:04 AM.
skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote