The Sky is NOT Falling!

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-27-2011, 07:58 PM   #46
Mechanix544
The Starter

Re: The Sky is NOT Falling!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
Ok I can't argue against it but maybe if the team would give even close to similar reps at WR to the rest of the WR's that they probably do Moss, Gaffney, and Armstrong then the rest of the WR's might be better prepared. I still don't know what happened to Armstrong all I heard was he was on the sideline with out pads on from what the radio said and Paul and Austin were playing in his place. Personally Austin should be used more, Hankerson should be given atleast a couple a catches a game to get him some playing time and to develope him. I guess I missed what Stallworth was able to provide this week or was he de-activated?

What I'm seeing is the Skins trying to replicate what the Patriots are doing with 2 or 3 TE's in a game.
We have all the talent in the world in our TE corps, Cooley, Davis and a more than able Paulsen, but we dont have one thing. Tom Brady knowing his plays inside and out, and being able to think on the fly and progress thru his reads quickly. Also, what the hell is up with Rex. I thought this was the "**** it im going deep" guy? What I have seen the last couple weeks are a bunch of floaters (not the toilet type........well, I guess maybe.....) and plenty of balls without ANY mustard on them whatsoever. Seriously, where is the arm this guy supposedly has? His throws were flat and had way too much arc, but you could tell he was trying to zing it.......what gives rex?
Mechanix544 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-27-2011, 08:16 PM   #47
backrow
The Starter

The Sky is TOO falling! NASA said it fell into the Pacific Ocean.

Ooooooooooooooh! My bad! That was only a 6 ton NASA Sattelite, not the entire sky!
Old 09-27-2011, 08:19 PM   #48
SBXVII
Franchise Player

I'm not sure what's wrong with Rex. It seemed to me it was either as you said he was not putting mustard on the ball and the throws were shorter then normal or could it have been the Receiver's were not on spot for the ball? I understand the for lack of a better word dirt balls that we would see with McNabb, but as in the 1st INT he seemed to throw the ball 5 yrds too short to Davis making me wonder if it was Grossman's fault or perhaps Davis's fault for not taking the route shorter.... maybe Davis was forced the farther route due to the coverage in the area. IDK but the coaching staff will and hopefully they get it fixed.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 08:58 PM   #49
TheSmurfs22
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcjr14 View Post
OK I totally agree with most that this was a tough loss to stomach, a REALLY tough one. We have to step back and realize that this team is still a work in progress. This was a brutal NFC East game that played down to the wire and they made 1 or 2 plays more than we did.

Time to put this one behind us, keep working on the little things (like holding a snap on a field goal and sticking with the run late in the 4th quarter). Wipe this from memory and move on to St. Louis.

Remember, most of us here have this a 7-9 or 8-8 team when the season started. As Coach Denny Green said, "We are who we though we were". I am encouraged by the nucleus of this team and they are on the right track. A win next week to be 3-1 at the bye will be huge and put us in good position going into October and November. This is not the same old Redskins we have seen the past 10-15 years. They are a much improved team that is still putting it all together and they will be in every game. The SKY IS NOT FALLING!
~~~~~~~
Good post and I agree. I like the direction we are headed and believe we have a good core and are going to be solid in the long run. It takes time to undo years of poor decisions. The sky is fine and it is not falling at all.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:14 PM   #50
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
What I'm seeing is the Skins trying to replicate what the Patriots are doing with 2 or 3 TE's in a game.
Im pretty sure that the patriots have one TE on their roster right now. And the packers have 5, but only use one with any consistency. Crazy league.

Anyway,I just wanted to say that I have no problem with haslett's 3rd and 21 call. I'm pretty sure that we went cover 0 and blitzed everyone on the play last week when Kerrigan got a touchdown. It was a call that would have been praised as genius if it had worked. Just like shanahans 4th down call last week that got us a touchdown. Both shanahan and haslett are aggressive, gutsy playcallers. Sometimes it'll result in big plays. Other times we'll get burned. As far as I'm concerned, grossman and Rocca lost the game for us on two bad plays. It happens. I'm upset, but I'm not concerned. I don't feel that this loss is indicative of any negative trend. We lost a close game to a division rival in their house. Time to move on and focus on the rams.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 09:17 PM   #51
wilsowilso

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
Im pretty sure that the patriots have one TE on their roster right now.
?

Patriots have two BEAST young tight ends. Gronkowski and Hernandez.
wilsowilso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 09:38 PM   #52
Jontrem
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsowilso View Post
?

Patriots have two BEAST young tight ends. Gronkowski and Hernandez.
Hernandez is currently out with a strained MCL and he was inactive last week, also they dropped Gronkowski's brother, who is also a TE...so they may only have one active TE.
Jontrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 10:10 PM   #53
That Guy
Living Legend

it was a bad showing and a winnable game. whatever, sh** happens, life goes on. I'm just sorry this was the one we rolled snake eyes on.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 10:28 PM   #54
wilsowilso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jontrem View Post
Hernandez is currently out with a strained MCL and he was inactive last week, also they dropped Gronkowski's brother, who is also a TE...so they may only have one active TE.
Hernandez is out for two weeks. Dude is on the NE roster.
wilsowilso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 10:54 PM   #55
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Of course it's not falling. But what a disgusting loss. Haslett became "Mr. Dumber than random Madden player". Rex became Interceptus Rex. Kyle decided to turn into Fat Andy and pass pass pass.

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 11:00 PM   #56
CrazyCanuck
Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meks View Post
seems every season there is a thread titled this way and guess wat ....... the sky falls.

Classic. As a wise poster once wrote, "it's funny because it's true".
CrazyCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 11:01 PM   #57
CrazyCanuck
Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meks View Post
seems every season there is a thread titled this way and guess wat ....... the sky falls.
You still deserve one of these though...

CrazyCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 11:41 PM   #58
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouperMeister View Post
Keeping Dallas out of the end zone is further validation on how much the D has improved. Once the offense catches up, the Skins will be a consistent playoff threat. Even if the Skins don't finish better than 8-8, for the first time in years, I feel like better days are coming soon.
No...just no.

The defense has absolutely nothing to brag about from the Dallas game. Dallas' o line is epically disorganized at this point and Romo looked like a shadow of himself. Remove either of these factors and Dallas would have utterly shredded our defense all game long.

This notion our defense is even above average comes from where exactly? The defense was atrocious last year. Its improvement is totally dependent on Kerrigan and Orakpo having simultaneously dominant games. Kerrigan looked more like a rookie Monday night and Orakpo was ailing. To be honest we got very lucky Dallas' offense was a fraction of itself or we'd have been badly embarrassed in prime time.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:44 PM   #59
MTK
\m/

No TDs given up isn't something to be ashamed about.

Look at the numbers across the board, if you can't see a vastly improved D you're just blind.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:53 PM   #60
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
No TDs given up isn't something to be ashamed about.

Look at the numbers across the board, if you can't see a vastly improved D you're just blind.
I think we've faced two relatively weak offenses (NY and AZ). NY has an oline in transition and an underwhelming WR corp. AZ got beat by the Seachickens lol...that team is just bad right now. In Dallas we faced an oline that could barely put a play together and a QB wincing with every breath.

...our defense is improved no doubt, but I'm holding that the improvement is dependent on Kerrigan/Orakpo. That's all.