Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room

Around the NFL Week 2

Redskins Locker Room

Old 09-17-2019, 12:33 PM   #91
Schneed10
My Wife Likes Alex

Re: Around the NFL Week 2

His career INT numbers have to compare really poorly to others who are in the HOF. I haven't looked at the numbers, just going off gut.

Advertisements
Old 09-17-2019, 12:40 PM   #92
Schneed10
My Wife Likes Alex

Check out this list. Look for the bolded names, those are the active QBs. Look where Eli ranks among them, among the worst who played long enough to qualify.

We're in an age where if you're getting 2.5% or more of your passes intercepted, it's not good. Eli is at 3.0%.

Aikman and Marino were both at 3.0% too but they played in a downfield era. Their 3.0% was very good compared to the peers of their era. By comparison, Steve Young and Joe Montana were 2.6%. Andy Dalton is a career 2.6% guy in this era.

3.0% from Eli should keep him out, in my opinion.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...erc_career.htm
Old 09-17-2019, 12:58 PM   #93
mooby
liberal snowflake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
What about Favre?
Favre was a unique circumstance, he also led the league in a whole bunch of career categories when he retired. Eli doesn't have that.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 01:11 PM   #94
MTK
BLM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
Without looking I think Dan Fouts had a .500 overall record and never even made it to a Super Bowl.
Fouts was 86-84-1

Tough to compare these guys across different eras. Fouts would put up stupid stats in today's game.
Old 09-17-2019, 01:13 PM   #95
sandtrapjack
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Has Eli ever had an elite season that ranked amongst the best qb's in the NFL? He's had plenty of above average years, and plenty of "led the league in picks" years but I can't recall one season where he just steamrolled through everybody. Other than that all he's got is 2 titles. With that W-L record I'm really not sure he's worthy.
Perhaps the question to ask is how many other QB's that are 2-time Super Bowl Champions and 2-time Super Bowl MVPs that ARE NOT in the HOF?

He's getting in despite your good argument.

Last name 'Manning', the so-called 'First Family or Football'. He would get in with 1 ring.
sandtrapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 01:58 PM   #96
mooby
liberal snowflake

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtrapjack View Post
Perhaps the question to ask is how many other QB's that are 2-time Super Bowl Champions and 2-time Super Bowl MVPs that ARE NOT in the HOF?

He's getting in despite your good argument.

Last name 'Manning', the so-called 'First Family or Football'. He would get in with 1 ring.
HOF is about the body of work, not just getting a pair of rings. I think he's out.
Old 09-17-2019, 02:03 PM   #97
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Eli is a HOF QB but not first ballot

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 02:34 PM   #98
sandtrapjack
The Starter

Quote:
HOF is about the body of work, not just getting a pair of rings. I think he's out.
There are 5 players that have won more than 1 Super Bowl MVP. The other 4 are in the HOF. The 5th is Eli.

There are 3 HOF QBs that are in the hall without a winning record. Eli would make it 4.

Agree that his regular season is pedestrian at best. But his post season runs are damn near historic. He may not get in first ballot. But I think he gets in.
Old 09-17-2019, 03:48 PM   #99
mooby
liberal snowflake

Quote:
There are 5 players that have won more than 1 Super Bowl MVP. The other 4 are in the HOF. The 5th is Eli.

There are 3 HOF QBs that are in the hall without a winning record. Eli would make it 4.

Agree that his regular season is pedestrian at best. But his post season runs are damn near historic. He may not get in first ballot. But I think he gets in.
His two post season runs are historic, but not because he dominated, because he was clutch. That's it. That's all he's got to hang his hat on.

Are you gonna put up the d-lines from those years for election too? Because they were a huge reason why Eli has 2 rings.

And finally, how many of those 5 qb's with multiple SB MVP's aren't named Brady or played mostly after the year 2000?
Old 09-17-2019, 04:25 PM   #100
sandtrapjack
The Starter

Quote:
His two post season runs are historic, but not because he dominated, because he was clutch. That's it. That's all he's got to hang his hat on.

Are you gonna put up the d-lines from those years for election too? Because they were a huge reason why Eli has 2 rings.

And finally, how many of those 5 qb's with multiple SB MVP's aren't named Brady or played mostly after the year 2000?
You open a new can...love it. Strahan from the same run is already in the HOF. So yeah, you can toss that D Line in.

The others (not named Brady) are named Montana, Starr and Bradshaw.

All this talk about Eli and the Hall when what I am most worried about is what if Gettleman was right and Daniel Jones just SHREDS the NFC East this year.
Old 09-17-2019, 05:45 PM   #101
Warthog
Impact Rookie

Around the NFL Week 2

Quote:
You open a new can...love it. Strahan from the same run is already in the HOF. So yeah, you can toss that D Line in.

The others (not named Brady) are named Montana, Starr and Bradshaw.

All this talk about Eli and the Hall when what I am most worried about is what if Gettleman was right and Daniel Jones just SHREDS the NFC East this year.

Yeah, Daniel Jones surprises everyone by doing well. Meanwhile, the “pamper our new QB” crowd will be happy to see Case Keenum win 5 Games and have Haskins ride the pine all season because he might face a real pass rush. He might even get tackled! The horror.

If Haskins sits out one season, why not two, because the OL is in transition and it’s a new playbook next year?Players learn SO MUCH from the sidelines. He also can’t get hurt if they doesn’t play!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 06:58 PM   #102
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
Yeah, Daniel Jones surprises everyone by doing well. Meanwhile, the “pamper our new QB” crowd will be happy to see Case Keenum win 5 Games and have Haskins ride the pine all season because he might face a real pass rush. He might even get tackled! The horror.

If Haskins sits out one season, why not two, because the OL is in transition and it’s a new playbook next year?Players learn SO MUCH from the sidelines. He also can’t get hurt if they doesn’t play!

I wouldnt mind Haskins getting in this year,but I would like to have him sit for a while.Cleveland ruined many a qbs sticking them in there right away,Texans did it with Carr,theres always exceptions but skins are cursed
Old 09-18-2019, 06:21 AM   #103
skinsfan69
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
I wouldnt mind Haskins getting in this year,but I would like to have him sit for a while.Cleveland ruined many a qbs sticking them in there right away,Texans did it with Carr,theres always exceptions but skins are cursed
I would argue that the QBs in Clev were not any good to begin with. Same w/ Carr. Haskins will get in there at some point. Especially when the losses keep piling up.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 07:19 AM   #104
Chief X_Phackter
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post

I think it really boils down to the fact that they thought (still think) they can compete and win now, and Case gives them a better chance to do that right now. It's not a matter of them being afraid he will get tackled.

Giants made the same decision, only they think their rookie gives them the best chance.

I happen to agree with both teams' decisions.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 08:40 AM   #105
Giantone
Franchise Player

Quote:
Favre was a unique circumstance, he also led the league in a whole bunch of career categories when he retired. Eli doesn't have that.
What about Namath?