Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Antonio Gibson

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2020, 10:46 PM   #61
SFREDSKIN
MVP
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 12,063
Re: Antonio Gibson

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
Give true Love a chance. Wouldn't you like to see Love, McLaurin and Gibson on the field at the same time? That would be explosive to the max!
Damn right!! It would be stupid to give up on Love and see in a different uniform excelling instead of AP.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-02-2020, 01:30 AM   #62
sdskinsfan2001
Franchise Player
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 8,078
Re: Antonio Gibson

Love hasn't played. Everyone wants to give him a chance. You have to play to have a chance. I'm not blaming the player, he tore his ACL, it's not a one size fits all recovery. But it's been more than the normal recovery time and combined with Rivera's most recent comments (not new just whenever the most recent one was) I'm not gonna assume he's gonna be ready.

He is a helluva football player. Not a talent thing. It's a health thing.
__________________
I suffer from Pelosi Democrat Derangement Syndrome.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 10:52 PM   #63
Pervis_Griffith
Special Teams
 
Pervis_Griffith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Louisville KY
Posts: 180
Re: Antonio Gibson

I apologize if this has already been posted -- it has a date of 4-21 -- but this is a pretty good read on Gibson.

We may have found ourselves a steal in the 3rd.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/Sports/nfl...ocid=DELLDHP17


The most astute NFL talent evaluators will tell you that when it comes to players, it’s more important to focus on what people can do as opposed to what they can’t. I’ve heard it from both Bill Belichick and Pete Carroll, and also from Seahawks general manager John Schneider, Carroll’s consigliere. It’s easy to discount a receiver because he only ran three routes in college, or a running back because he runs too upright and might not be fully developed.

But those truly interested in player development will understand that sometimes, that receiver who can run a third of the route tree is beating the daylights out of every cornerback he faces, or that running back is bouncing off linebackers every play for extra yards.

With players on the fringe of what they will be, you can either cut them off because they don’t fit your suit, or you can adjust the suit for their unique talents. The guys who do the latter tend to win Super Bowls. The guys who do the former tend to get fired.

In the 2020 draft class, Memphis running back/receiver Antonio Gibson (yes, you read that positional delineation right) may be the ultimate litmus test for those executives who see prospects one way or another. Gibson got on the field for just 370 snaps in two years with the Tigers after two seasons at East Central Community College in Mississippi.

“Grades were just… at the end of the day, you could also blame me to be honest, but as a young kid, I was getting bad grades and my coaches weren’t really saying anything to me because they wanted me to play,” Gibson told me recently. “It wasn’t until my junior year I started getting offers but I couldn’t accept them, or they couldn’t officially offer them because of my grades. So, that’s when it started clicking to me that I need this [college] and that’s the reason I had to go to JUCO route.”

Once he was done with that route, he had a few choices in West Virginia, Mississippi State, and Memphis.

“I picked Memphis because a lot of schools offer you then go on about their business,” he said. “They won’t really reach out to you to tell you a signing date, but coach [Mike] Norvell and the staff were on me every other day. They were checking in making sure I was alright, seeing if classes were going good, checking on my family, I got a family feeling from them, and when I went on my visit it was the same thing, so I ended up picking Memphis.”



The rest is at the link above ....
Pervis_Griffith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 09:44 AM   #64
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl
 
KI Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MD Eastern Shore
Posts: 5,319
Re: Antonio Gibson

OK, I'm ready to go out on a limb and expose myself to ridicule by saying that I believe we have struck gold in the 3rd Round for the second year in a row by drafting Antonio Gibson. Antonio Gibson is the TRUTH. He is a perfect fit for the offense Scott Turner wants to run.

Now, I'm asking for the support of my fellow sexy senior citizen fans when I say this: I searched my memory bank for a Redskins player who was as explosive and versatile as Gibson and the only player I could compare his skillset to is the late, great Bobby Mitchell. I don't mean to be disrespectful to my hero Bobby Mitchell. Obviously, there can be no comparison of their accomplishments. I'm only looking at the athletic gifts that Gibson possesses and he reminds me of Bobby Mitchell in that way.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 11:37 PM   #65
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN
 
htownskinfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: houston,tx
Posts: 4,404
Re: Antonio Gibson

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
OK, I'm ready to go out on a limb and expose myself to ridicule by saying that I believe we have struck gold in the 3rd Round for the second year in a row by drafting Antonio Gibson. Antonio Gibson is the TRUTH. He is a perfect fit for the offense Scott Turner wants to run.

Now, I'm asking for the support of my fellow sexy senior citizen fans when I say this: I searched my memory bank for a Redskins player who was as explosive and versatile as Gibson and the only player I could compare his skillset to is the late, great Bobby Mitchell. I don't mean to be disrespectful to my hero Bobby Mitchell. Obviously, there can be no comparison of their accomplishments. I'm only looking at the athletic gifts that Gibson possesses and he reminds me of Bobby Mitchell in that way.
Well I can think of one but unfortunately never lived up to his college hype,especially as a redskin(Desmond Howard)
But I too am excited to see this kid on the field
__________________
Make The Redskins Great Again
htownskinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 06:55 AM   #66
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl
 
KI Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MD Eastern Shore
Posts: 5,319
Re: Antonio Gibson

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
Well I can think of one but unfortunately never lived up to his college hype,especially as a redskin(Desmond Howard)
But I too am excited to see this kid on the field
I feel guilty for not mentioning our other great Mitchell, Brian, in my post. Brian Mitchell was very versatile - he could even play QB - and he was a great NFL player who I admire. And Brian was certainly explosive. But the first comparison that came to mind when I saw Antonio Gibson was Bobby Mitchell because Antonio is also a deep threat as Bobby was.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 06:31 PM   #67
kct1975
The Starter
 
kct1975's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,568
Re: Antonio Gibson

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
I feel guilty for not mentioning our other great Mitchell, Brian, in my post. Brian Mitchell was very versatile - he could even play QB - and he was a great NFL player who I admire. And Brian was certainly explosive. But the first comparison that came to mind when I saw Antonio Gibson was Bobby Mitchell because Antonio is also a deep threat as Bobby was.
Excellent Comparison!

I thought the same thing!

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
__________________
KCT - "No Matter Where You Go, There You Are!"
kct1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 11:54 PM   #68
TKilla7126
Camp Scrub
 
TKilla7126's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 18
Re: Antonio Gibson

Watching the highlights, it seems bizarre that he only had 33 rushing attempts.

I wonder if Memphis coaches have an explanation for that.

On the bright side, his stats indicate less wear and tear on his body. I like the bodies we have in the RB room. If we go RB by committee, maybe we can keep Guice healthy and extend AD's shelf life.

A three headed monster rushing attack
TKilla7126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 01:06 AM   #69
sdskinsfan2001
Franchise Player
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 8,078
Re: Antonio Gibson

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKilla7126 View Post
Watching the highlights, it seems bizarre that he only had 33 rushing attempts.

I wonder if Memphis coaches have an explanation for that.

On the bright side, his stats indicate less wear and tear on his body. I like the bodies we have in the RB room. If we go RB by committee, maybe we can keep Guice healthy and extend AD's shelf life.

A three headed monster rushing attack
As a FSU fan that now has the Memphis HC as our HC, I'm sure there is an excellent reason. Whatever Memphis was doing they put up crazy stats.
__________________
I suffer from Pelosi Democrat Derangement Syndrome.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 09:18 AM   #70
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 25,155
Re: Antonio Gibson

I’m a big fan Gibson, but jumping from juco, then to a limited snap role in Memphis to the NFL is a steep learning curve. And now with this pause...his class room prep is gonna be key. He seems like an unbridled horse without a true position; it’s an exciting piece to have and will be interesting to see how he is used, hopefully H back is his role
__________________
Happy Thanksgiving!
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site has no official affiliation with the Washington Redskins or the NFL, we're just a bunch of fans talking football
Page generated in 0.11903 seconds with 10 queries