Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Redskins 2020 schedule

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2020, 01:00 PM   #31
Brummie Brave
Camp Scrub
 
Brummie Brave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Birmingham, UK
Posts: 23
Re: Redskins 2020 schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonEmouse View Post
Try watching in the UK. If Skins are on a Sunday, Monday or Thursday night game I have to record it and watch the next day if I can't get the next day off. And no incentive to stay up and watch live last few seasons
I feel your pain. Its also difficult to avoid the score up until you have the chance to watch the recording and then there is no incentive to watch if we have lost.
Brummie Brave is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-08-2020, 01:10 PM   #32
Meks
Playmaker
 
Meks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 3,886
Re: Redskins 2020 schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Schedule release is the most overhyped event of the offseason. A 3 hour special last night to put the known opponents in date order? I didn't watch one second of it.
didnt even realize it was on haha
__________________
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR

BURN IT DOWN!
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 01:18 PM   #33
Buffalo Bob
The Starter
 
Buffalo Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Beaverdam Virginia
Posts: 2,070
Re: Redskins 2020 schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
I mean you can't argue with it though. Until the Skins demonstrate that they can be an eyeball draw we belong at 1pm on Sundays.

Chase Young figures to be the best chance for drawing attention, but offense is what people tune in for. We'll be a defensively oriented team.

This is deserved until we demonstrate to the contrary.
I wonder if that varies by the age of the fan? I love to watch a good ole defensive struggle as long as it is because of great defense and not poor offense. One of my favorite games to watch on Monday Night was the 1990 meeting between the Giants and 49ers that SF won 7-3. I can't stand to watch college games where the final score looks like they were playing basketball, not football.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 02:18 PM   #34
Pervis_Griffith
Special Teams
 
Pervis_Griffith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Louisville KY
Posts: 176
Re: Redskins 2020 schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
I honestly didn't know they televised it, god that has to be boring. To be honest i find the draft pretty boring to watch as well after say the top ten picks.

I knew it was televised, but why sit through 3 hours when you spend about 5 minutes just looking at your team's schedule the same night they're talking about it?

I watched The Wire - I'm into season 2, and it's hooked me pretty good ... I've used this lock down time to binge watch shows I have missed in the past ...

Finished The Sopranos, Curb Your Enthusiasm, and Barry (really enjoyed that).

Am into The Wire, and Rome now ...

Still on my list Breaking Bad, Bosche, Justified, Mad Men, Dexter .... When compiling my list, it's clear to me I watch a TON of sports. And have a ton of time to get to these series.
Pervis_Griffith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 02:19 PM   #35
Schneed10
My Wife Likes Alex
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Posts: 11,932
Re: Redskins 2020 schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
I wonder if that varies by the age of the fan? I love to watch a good ole defensive struggle as long as it is because of great defense and not poor offense. One of my favorite games to watch on Monday Night was the 1990 meeting between the Giants and 49ers that SF won 7-3. I can't stand to watch college games where the final score looks like they were playing basketball, not football.
I'm right there with you, I love defensive football. I think it breaks down along the lines of pure/hardcore football fans vs more casual fans. The casual fan - like those at the bars - they want to occasionally look at the game and see something exciting happening.

Those of us who can name the backup guard on the three opposing teams in the division, we tend to like football in any form, and we can appreciate great defense just as much as great offense.

Its just that there are a lot of casual fans out there.
__________________
God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 02:24 PM   #36
skinsfan69
Gamebreaker
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA and San Diego, CA
Posts: 14,153
Re: Redskins 2020 schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Adam S. Just said the preseason is "Unlikely to happen this yr"
Good, don't want to watch it anyway.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 02:25 PM   #37
skinsfan69
Gamebreaker
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA and San Diego, CA
Posts: 14,153
Re: Redskins 2020 schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
No primetime games?? Fuck yeah, no 100% guaranteed losses. And a chance to be my 2nd favorite Thanksgiving Day ever. This schedule is absolutely fantastic!!
The reason why we suck in primetime is cause we're not a good team. We're also not a good team at home or on the road or at 4pm or probably at practice.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 03:01 PM   #38
GridIron26
The Starter
 
GridIron26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 2,262
Re: Redskins 2020 schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pervis_Griffith View Post
I knew it was televised, but why sit through 3 hours when you spend about 5 minutes just looking at your team's schedule the same night they're talking about it?

I watched The Wire - I'm into season 2, and it's hooked me pretty good ... I've used this lock down time to binge watch shows I have missed in the past ...

Finished The Sopranos, Curb Your Enthusiasm, and Barry (really enjoyed that).

Am into The Wire, and Rome now ...

Still on my list Breaking Bad, Bosche, Justified, Mad Men, Dexter .... When compiling my list, it's clear to me I watch a TON of sports. And have a ton of time to get to these series.
I loved Breaking Bad and Dexter!
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 03:01 PM   #39
mooby
liberal snowflake
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 16,339
Re: Redskins 2020 schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtrapjack View Post
One!? Only one nationally televised game!? And that is Thanksgiving!? That is the biggest kick in the crotch the NFL and networks could give this franchise.
I would like a Sunday night game because I like Michaels and Collinsworth, but I'm thrilled not to have any Monday nighters. A. I have to be at work at 5:30 every morning so Monday nighters suck, B. we suck a bag of dicks on Monday night dating back the last 10 years (2-13 record IIRC).

Give us a year to learn how to be competitive again and hopefully in 2021 we're worthy of a MNF game. I'm cool with it.
__________________
Bruce Allen you hack
Should have traded Trent Williams
When you had the chance
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 03:20 PM   #40
Burgold
Special Teams
 
Burgold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 157
Re: Redskins 2020 schedule

Hope is eternal...there will be no NFL season!!
Burgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 03:37 PM   #41
MTK
‎\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 93,503
Re: Redskins 2020 schedule

Prime time games are so overrated to me, maybe I'm approaching boomer status here but I hate staying up late on a weeknight especially only to see us get thumped.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 03:40 PM   #42
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rochester, Ny
Posts: 27,834
Re: Redskins 2020 schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Prime time games are so overrated to me, maybe I'm approaching boomer status here but I hate staying up late on a weeknight especially only to see us get thumped.
LMAO I actually feel the same now and yeah we never ever fucking win night games so who cares to play them?
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 03:57 PM   #43
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Posts: 18,283
Re: Redskins 2020 schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I would like a Sunday night game because I like Michaels and Collinsworth, but I'm thrilled not to have any Monday nighters. A. I have to be at work at 5:30 every morning so Monday nighters suck, B. we suck a bag of dicks on Monday night dating back the last 10 years (2-13 record IIRC).



Give us a year to learn how to be competitive again and hopefully in 2021 we're worthy of a MNF game. I'm cool with it.
How can anyone like Collinsworth. Ugh. The guy can change his obseevations mid game. Man Haskins is firat ballot hall of famer -look at that throw. 5 minutes later same game, Haskins doesnt belong on this field with throws like that. And that is coherent compared to his blabber.


As for the schedule release i have two opinions: 1 - it is like when the networks used to have a special on previewing their upcoming seasons. If a show I was interested in, I would watch it. 2- it is basically a chance for the analysts to gave a circle jerk around their favorite teams.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 04:20 PM   #44
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rochester, Ny
Posts: 27,834
Re: Redskins 2020 schedule

Mike Clay of ESPN and their schedule machine predicts the skins to go 1-15 and only winning V Carolina.. That's just fucking dumb

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 04:23 PM   #45
MTK
‎\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 93,503
Re: Redskins 2020 schedule

Get ready for plenty of dumb predictions


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site has no official affiliation with the Washington Redskins or the NFL, we're just a bunch of fans talking football
Page generated in 0.14242 seconds with 10 queries