Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Trent Williams holding out for new deal

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Should the Redskins pay or trade Trent Williams?
Pay him 34 46.58%
Trade him 39 53.42%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2019, 10:34 AM   #1171
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Re: Trent Williams holding out for new deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Christian is just another shit pick by a shit organization run by an absolute moron. A stubborn moron. The worst kind.
Kyle Smith has made some nice picks, BA has nothing to do with picks, he’s too stupid.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth

Advertisements
Old 09-16-2019, 10:40 AM   #1172
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Yes, but there have also been plenty of bullshit stories put out there by some local and national media people who have a negative bias against the team and who live for these exaggerated stories.

I don't have a problem with people always thinking negatively about the team and front office, they (team/FO) have done very little to have any trust from the fanbase.

However, if you come in bitching and whining all the time because you are easily duped into believing some of these speculative stories in the media, well that shit gets old quickly.

Still believe we were duped? Lol. I wont say I told you so...no worries.
Old 09-16-2019, 10:46 AM   #1173
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
I would hate for Trent to end here in SF, I hate the 49ers and not too fond of Trent after his bullshit.

https://theathletic.com/1212920/2019...afford-not-to/

There is major bad blood between the Shanahans and snyder/Allen so this will never happen.

Also, Bruce has made it abundantly clear he’s not trading Trent or giving him a new deal. And to be honest, I applaud his stance.

Trent has a history of injuries and suspensions and two years left on his deal. But he demanded a new deal or to be traded. When he didn’t get what he wanted, he not only held out (which has hurt the team), but he put word out that the medical staff had mistreated him - something we now know is completely false.

I do not like Bruce Allen. I don’t think he’s qualified for his job. But i like the way Trent has behaved even less. I would not reward Trent for his bad behavior.

Obviously, there is always an offer that is so good that it simply cannot he refused, but I doubt anyone has made - or would make - such an offer for Trent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
Old 09-16-2019, 10:56 AM   #1174
jamf
Pro Bowl

Funny how quickly fans turn on a player.
TW made a few mistake early in his career but for the most part has been an elite if not the best LT in the game.
He's been injured as well but always put the team first and played with those injuries.

What's gone on this year is definitely a black eye for Trent but all these player issues lead back to Bruce, Jay, and Dan.

We could field a team of former players that would probably beat the crap out of this team. I know Fuller and Breeland would be a big upgrade over that shitshow we saw yesterday at Corner.
Old 09-16-2019, 10:58 AM   #1175
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
TW made a few mistake early in his career but for the most part has been an elite if not the best LT in the game.
He's been injured as well but always put the team first and played with those injuries.

What's gone on this year is definitely a black eye for Trent but all these player issues lead back to Bruce, Jay, and Dan.

We could field a team of former players that would probably beat the crap out of this team. I know Fuller and Breeland would be a big upgrade over that shitshow we saw yesterday at Corner.
The first round pick for Trent confirmed on multi sources...Bruce passed.

If we keep TW and don't extend him...complete mismanagement again by Bruce.

He Gets Us
Old 09-16-2019, 10:58 AM   #1176
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:

That’s funny, most here wanted Breeland gone, I wanted him instead of Norman.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
Old 09-16-2019, 11:11 AM   #1177
jamf
Pro Bowl

You're right. I was tired of Breeland mouthing off and freelancing after they signed Norman. Too bad we don't have a coach with the authority to shut that shit down.
Old 09-16-2019, 11:25 AM   #1178
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
There is major bad blood between the Shanahans and snyder/Allen so this will never happen.

Also, Bruce has made it abundantly clear he’s not trading Trent or giving him a new deal. And to be honest, I applaud his stance.

Trent has a history of injuries and suspensions and two years left on his deal. But he demanded a new deal or to be traded. When he didn’t get what he wanted, he not only held out (which has hurt the team), but he put word out that the medical staff had mistreated him - something we now know is completely false.

I do not like Bruce Allen. I don’t think he’s qualified for his job. But i like the way Trent has behaved even less. I would not reward Trent for his bad behavior.

Obviously, there is always an offer that is so good that it simply cannot he refused, but I doubt anyone has made - or would make - such an offer for Trent.

If Trent wants to sit out the whole season, the team will happily take his 11-12 million salary for cap relief.

That's the biggest difference between Trent's and Cousins' situation:

Cousins didn't want to be here and we stupidly kept him here under the tag; we could have saved that money and gotten picks for him.

If Trent continues to sit, it costs the team nothing, and as I said before, they are actually saving that salary money this year. I'm no cap expert (paging Schneed) but I believe we would take a cap hit if we traded him right now.

So unless some team comes with an offer we can't refuse, let him sit out and we'll take that salary money.
R.I.P. #21
Old 09-16-2019, 11:30 AM   #1179
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:

Yep I turned on him in two seconds because he is dead wrong. I have no problem ripping the FO but this one is on TW. They stood by him through all his bullshit and now he doesn't show up cause he is too stupid to go to the doctor himself.
Old 09-16-2019, 11:55 AM   #1180
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
If Trent wants to sit out the whole season, the team will happily take his 11-12 million salary for cap relief.
Where's the cap relief?
Trents money is still counting against the cap.
Snyder gets to pocket all the money from missed games and fines but it's still counting against the cap and the team doesn't get to use the 12m on another player. Also, don't forget to factor in Donald Pens 2m contract with 3m in incentives.

Winning the dick swinging contest might boost Bruce's ego but it does nothing for the team or the product they put out on the field.

They need to cut their losses now and get a 1st for him if they still can.
Old 09-16-2019, 12:08 PM   #1181
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Houston should have traded for Trent...fucking Tunsil been garbage so far this year.

He Gets Us
Old 09-16-2019, 12:26 PM   #1182
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Where's the cap relief?
Trents money is still counting against the cap.
Snyder gets to pocket all the money from missed games and fines but it's still counting against the cap and the team doesn't get to use the 12m on another player. Also, don't forget to factor in Donald Pens 2m contract with 3m in incentives.

Winning the dick swinging contest might boost Bruce's ego but it does nothing for the team or the product they put out on the field.

They need to cut their losses now and get a 1st for him if they still can.

Bingo
Old 09-16-2019, 12:48 PM   #1183
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Christian would be a total disaster. Penn was signed and is playing for a reason. Penn was basically retired, he was probably on his couch, he's 50 years old, he comes out of retirement and beats out Christian. That tells you all you need to know.
I would hope he would be capable by year 3. If not, still trade Trent and cut Moses. And draft 2 tackles or use the saved money to sign someone that can play RT and draft a stud LT.
Old 09-16-2019, 12:50 PM   #1184
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
I love Trent and I dont blame him for wanting to finish his career with a different organization. Trade him to the Pats for the 32 overall pick or a package of 2 and 3s and wish him the best. 4 years from now when he is done, sign him to a 1 day contract so he retires a Skin then put him in the ring of honor.

But this is the Snyder/Allen redskins so of course we are doing the opposite of logical.
Old 09-16-2019, 01:06 PM   #1185
Warthog
The Starter

TW doesn’t want to play here anymore. For whatever reason. Sure he’s in the wrong - but in the end this is about getting his replacement, not making a statement.

We aren’t a good enough team to makes “statements”. We are one of the bottom teams in the NFL and have been there for 20 years. The fan base has disappeared. If this wasn’t the capital with tens of thousands of fans from around the league (attending our games - making them a “home game”) we’d have under 50% attendance. The HC is going to be fired. The owner is one of the worst in the NFL. The “GM” (Bruce Allen) is a joke and hated by player reps. Stadium sucks and prices are high. The franchise is often in chaos.

FA Players come here to play for one reason: to get overpaid. They get overpaid and then under perform.

The only way out is to draft well and home-grow players. But then we have to figure a way to keep them.

At the end of this season:

BA will have held the line. He will AGAIN prove why he is the most loathed and disrespected GM in the NFL.

TW will lose all this season’s money and pay fines.

We will have to hope 35 year old Penn can hold up this season.

We will be a 5-11 team who lost its best player FOR NOTHING. No trade value, no draft picks to fix our OL.

We’ll be talking about this again next year and hoping Penn can last another year.

We have to re-sign Scherff. If you were him and just saw what happened to TW, AP and how lousy we are, would you stay?

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Closed Thread