Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Trent Williams holding out for new deal

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Should the Redskins pay or trade Trent Williams?
Pay him 34 46.58%
Trade him 39 53.42%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2019, 12:03 PM   #1
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Re: Trent Williams holding out for new deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
Please stop blaming the medical and training staffs. All of this starts at the top of the organization where the tone is set. The problem is that Mr. Burns and Smithers don't care about other people.

They cared enough about Trent Williams to be loyal to him and, despite multiple injuries and back to back suspensions, make him the highest paid offensive lineman in the league 3 years ago.

They care enough about Trent Williams to, for a change, remain mostly silent, instead of leaking reports to make him look bad like they have consistently done during Bruce Allen’s tenure.

Snyder and Bruce have been uncharacteristically smart and loyal to Trent Williams. It’s a shame he refuses to return that loyalty and blame the medical staff for his own negligence. They told him to get a second opinion. He didn’t listen.

At this point, I’m done with Trent Williams. He can try to pretend he’s taking some moral stand, but ultimately he’s placed blame at the wrong place when he should be looking in the mirror. I appreciate all he’s done for this team, but If this is how he wants to repay the team that’s been so good to him, then I want him gone.

And for what it’s worth, i want Bruce Allen gone too. While i think he’s handling this situation well, the majority of the time, HE is the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
Old 08-17-2019, 02:08 PM   #2
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
They cared enough about Trent Williams to be loyal to him and, despite multiple injuries and back to back suspensions, make him the highest paid offensive lineman in the league 3 years ago.

They care enough about Trent Williams to, for a change, remain mostly silent, instead of leaking reports to make him look bad like they have consistently done during Bruce Allen’s tenure.

Snyder and Bruce have been uncharacteristically smart and loyal to Trent Williams. It’s a shame he refuses to return that loyalty and blame the medical staff for his own negligence. They told him to get a second opinion. He didn’t listen.

At this point, I’m done with Trent Williams. He can try to pretend he’s taking some moral stand, but ultimately he’s placed blame at the wrong place when he should be looking in the mirror. I appreciate all he’s done for this team, but If this is how he wants to repay the team that’s been so good to him, then I want him gone.

And for what it’s worth, i want Bruce Allen gone too. While i think he’s handling this situation well, the majority of the time, HE is the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All of this is true, thats why it really seems there must be something else that occurred.

The team drafting another tackle isn't enough of an impetus for this type of hard stand by either side.

Trent has seen the worst of the front office as relates to other players, but as you point out they have been good to Trent

The medical staff might be at fault but then why isn't the NFLPA screaming for the Redskins to do something. When MRSA hit the Browns locker room they at least put out announcements supporting the players.

None of this makes sense with the facts as reported and the actions and words by all involved including close teammates and friends of TW.

I think he is gone, but it feels like there is a back story that only a few may ever know. Oh where is smootsmack insider info when you need it???

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Old 08-17-2019, 02:17 PM   #3
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
All of this is true, thats why it really seems there must be something else that occurred.

The team drafting another tackle isn't enough of an impetus for this type of hard stand by either side.

Trent has seen the worst of the front office as relates to other players, but as you point out they have been good to Trent

The medical staff might be at fault but then why isn't the NFLPA screaming for the Redskins to do something. When MRSA hit the Browns locker room they at least put out announcements supporting the players.

None of this makes sense with the facts as reported and the actions and words by all involved including close teammates and friends of TW.

I think he is gone, but it feels like there is a back story that only a few may ever know. Oh where is smootsmack insider info when you need it???

Speaking of back stories, what is the story behind Smoots Warpath retirement?
Old 08-17-2019, 02:59 PM   #4
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
It was a huge cover up. So far as i can tell , summo may have done a painting of Matty in a blue dress , and SS had plans for it in his townhome, it all blew up when joeredskin tried to outbid SS though and Summo, JR and SS havent been heard from since.

Old 08-17-2019, 03:13 PM   #5
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
It was a huge cover up. So far as i can tell , summo may have done a painting of Matty in a blue dress , and SS had plans for it in his townhome, it all blew up when joeredskin tried to outbid SS though and Summo, JR and SS havent been heard from since.

JR is your brother Cred, what happened to him?
Old 08-17-2019, 03:52 PM   #6
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
JR is your brother Cred, what happened to him?
I think he is one of the many fans that Skins have just worn down their fandom.

Old 08-17-2019, 05:01 PM   #7
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
I think he is one of the many fans that Skins have just worn down their fandom.

That's one of my fears. Every offseason I wonder how much more I can tolerate but by the time August rolls around I'm feenin for football again.
Old 08-17-2019, 03:06 PM   #8
Meks
Pro Bowl

Quote:
He got tired of being hassled for insider info and registered under a different name
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Old 08-17-2019, 03:14 PM   #9
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meks View Post
He got tired of being hassled for insider info and registered under a different name
I really wish thats the case.
Old 08-17-2019, 04:27 PM   #10
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
IF..........he was a Redskin employee he might of been laid off when the Skins purged the front office months back.
Old 08-17-2019, 05:02 PM   #11
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
IF..........he was a Redskin employee he might of been laid off when the Skins purged the front office months back.
Eh, I think he was too smart to work for the Redskins.

Never meet your idols people.
Old 08-17-2019, 06:58 PM   #12
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
He got a role on Parks and Rec then his standup took off.
Old 08-17-2019, 11:55 PM   #13
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:

I remember him posting that he just had alot going on and couldn’t contribute the way he wanted too. He would never leave because of some petty crap. Dude was awesome.
Old 08-17-2019, 02:16 PM   #14
rocnrik
Playmaker

I agree !!! I still say this could be all about a drug test ... if he knows he won’t pass because of off-season weed use.. and for the record I don’t gave a issue with that at all! It just seems there is more going on than we know.. does anybody know how the mandatory drug test work ?? If he report doesn’t he have to pass physical ? .. I’m just speculating what could be going on.. I just find it hard to believe that several years ago he was paid the highest in league at the Oline and now he totally refuses to ever play agian for skins...
Old 08-18-2019, 08:48 AM   #15
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
I agree !!! I still say this could be all about a drug test ... if he knows he won’t pass because of off-season weed use.. and for the record I don’t gave a issue with that at all!
When is the NFL going to stop testing for marijuana? It appears to be legal for medical or recreational use in about half the states. I wonder what the hang up is? Is it the owner demographic? Elderly men that still think pot use leads to heroin addiction. I don't get it? For the record I am almost 60, never more than tried it, yet I believe if it is legal to have a beer it should be legal to have a joint. I still know people my age that have a very low opinion of pot smokers, yet they would never say a word about someone who over consumed alcohol.
Closed Thread