Around the NFL Week 2

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-17-2019, 06:58 PM   #1
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Re: Around the NFL Week 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
Yeah, Daniel Jones surprises everyone by doing well. Meanwhile, the “pamper our new QB” crowd will be happy to see Case Keenum win 5 Games and have Haskins ride the pine all season because he might face a real pass rush. He might even get tackled! The horror.

If Haskins sits out one season, why not two, because the OL is in transition and it’s a new playbook next year?Players learn SO MUCH from the sidelines. He also can’t get hurt if they doesn’t play!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wouldnt mind Haskins getting in this year,but I would like to have him sit for a while.Cleveland ruined many a qbs sticking them in there right away,Texans did it with Carr,theres always exceptions but skins are cursed
Old 09-18-2019, 06:21 AM   #2
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
I wouldnt mind Haskins getting in this year,but I would like to have him sit for a while.Cleveland ruined many a qbs sticking them in there right away,Texans did it with Carr,theres always exceptions but skins are cursed
I would argue that the QBs in Clev were not any good to begin with. Same w/ Carr. Haskins will get in there at some point. Especially when the losses keep piling up.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 12:06 PM   #3
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
If you take a look at the Browns QBs (Weeden, Manziel, Quinn, etc.) They all had major issues coming out of college and pretty much sucked. Manziel had other issues obviously, Quinn was just over his head.

David Carr on the other hand was sacked I believe 78 and 82 times his first two seasons under an expansion franchise with no LT because Tony Boselli retired. No QB can succeed getting sacked that much.

I am of the mindset either you have it or you don't. Sitting in this NFL isn't as beneficial as it once was in my opinion. Get him out there and see what he can do, best job training is on the job training.

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote