Welcome to DC Chase Young!

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 04-24-2020, 06:47 PM   #1
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Re: Welcome to DC Chase Young!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
I Know you live in cali but stay off that kush bro lolol..

No seriously the defense should be solid but I'm not getting my hopes up with that horrible secondary, unless we add a guy tonight that will start right away, we are in trouble back there. Our #1 is a #3
I have high hopes, what’s so terrible? Fuller, Darby and Davis are an upgrade, Moreland will be much better and I’m sure we will draft a good one. The best secondary is a pass rush. Fuck Norman he’s gone.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 06:57 PM   #2
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
I have high hopes, what’s so terrible? Fuller, Darby and Davis are an upgrade, Moreland will be much better and I’m sure we will draft a good one. The best secondary is a pass rush. Fuck Norman he’s gone.
I've got them too my man but I want to see it to believe it all the way
Old 04-24-2020, 07:06 PM   #3
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
To play devil's advocate Del Rio has taken a defense from 20 to 2 in one year

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 07:08 PM   #4
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
To play devil's advocate Del Rio has taken a defense from 20 to 2 in one year
Jags?
Old 04-24-2020, 07:27 PM   #5
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Jags?
Panthers I believe

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 09:58 AM   #6
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Jags?
I think Broncos too. Coinciding with the arrival of Von Miller IIRC. If only we had somebody that merits comparison to a game wrecker like Miller.
Old 04-26-2020, 08:09 PM   #7
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Per PFF:

Chase Young is the best non-quarterback prospect we have ever evaluated here at PFF. He shattered the PFF pass-rush grade in 2019 by posting an absurd 96.4 mark on those reps and is best described as a freak of nature. Everything about Young as a pass-rusher is elite. Burst, power, hands, size — he has it all.

“Since I started doing draft analysis I’ve called one prospect a future Hall of Famer (Quenton Nelson). I am ready to make that two with Chase Young” – PFF Lead Draft Analyst Mike Renner

Staying put was a good move.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 10:53 PM   #8
Warthog
The Starter

Welcome to DC Chase Young!

Quote:

They added Chase Young who will be in the Good to Great category, as long as he stays healthy. We’ll have to see how he transitions to the pros but based on his press conference ( see above) he’s smart, knows he’s got a lot to learn, is mature and he will be an intelligent player, if not a physical beast.

However, the biggest change this year for the defense (and offense) will be adding Del Rio and Rivera. Del Rio has brought defenses from the worst to the top 5. He coached and taught Julius Pepper [thanks for the correction!!]*, so he knows how to maximize a great player (IF Chase has that much talent and stays healthy). Rivera has done the same - bringing up defenses from the dregs to the top. Rivera is also a motivational coach and I think this team will have a positive outlook and winning attitude that it hasn’t had since Shanahan was here.

So yeah, most fans will want to see the team improve before they come back to the fold. Except for the one RG3 rookie year, this team has sucked for two decades. But I honestly think change is coming. The coaches are all very good. Kyle Smith, if he becomes the GM, has real talent at finding talented players.

PLAYERS - McLAURIN is excellent to outstanding and may be the best offensive player in the team. SIMS, Jr is good and could become even better this year -both will improve this season. I know most people will call me too optimistic, but I think HASKINS is going to breakout this season. AP and GUICE are going to be a good running pair if Guice could stay healthy. If Guice gets hurt, I think GIBSON ( our second draft pick) will take his place and do well. CHARLES will get a lot of attention from the coaches to keep him on the straight and narrow, as well coaching him up. I think he will do ok as a replacement for Trent. The rest of the OL will be good except for Moses.

Finally, with the $35 mill in cap money they have right now( second highest in the NFL), Kyle and Rivera will be able to pick up players dumped by their teams during TC. The team can get some new players it needs at TE, CB and maybe OT in one year, cheap, “show me” contracts. The team could get quality players for depth or even starters, who are desperate to stay in the NFL, in inexpensive deals. Kyle Smith’s job looking for good players from the UDFA and fired players in TC will help us fill holes.

BL - this is a team on the way up. Dan Snyder is not part of the team decisions. The team will only be average this season but within two seasons we will be a contender. Not just in the Spring, not “off the field” but during the regular season.
The Redskins are coming back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"

Last edited by Warthog; 04-28-2020 at 01:14 PM.
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 09:15 AM   #9
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
They added Chase Young who will be in the Good to Great category, as long as he stays healthy. We’ll have to see how he transitions to the pros but based on his press conference ( see above) he’s smart, knows he’s got a lot to learn, is mature and he will be an intelligent player, if not a physical beast.

However, the biggest change this year for the defense (and offense) will be adding Del Rio and Rivera. Del Rio has brought defenses from the worst to the top 5. He coached and taught Julian Pepper, so he knows how to maximize a great player (IF Chase has that much talent and stays healthy). Rivera has done the same - bringing up defenses from the dregs to the top. Rivera is also a motivational coach and I think this team will have a positive outlook and winning attitude that it hasn’t had since Shanahan was here.

So yeah, most fans will want to see the team improve before they come back to the fold. Except for the one RG3 rookie year, this team has sucked for two decades. But I honestly think change is coming. The coaches are all very good. Kyle Smith, if he becomes the GM, has real talent at finding talented players.

PLAYERS - McLAURIN is excellent to outstanding and may be the best offensive player in the team. SIMS, Jr is good and could become even better this year -both will improve this season. I know most people will call me too optimistic, but I think HASKINS is going to breakout this season. AP and GUICE are going to be a good running pair if Guice could stay healthy. If Guice gets hurt, I think GIBSON ( our second draft pick) will take his place and do well. CHARLES will get a lot of attention from the coaches to keep him on the straight and narrow, as well coaching him up. I think he will do ok as a replacement for Trent. The rest of the OL will be good except for Moses.

Finally, with the $35 mill in cap money they have right now( second highest in the NFL), Kyle and Rivera will be able to pick up players dumped by their teams during TC. The team can get some new players it needs at TE, CB and maybe OT in one year, cheap, “show me” contracts. The team could get quality players for depth or even starters, who are desperate to stay in the NFL, in inexpensive deals. Kyle Smith’s job looking for good players from the UDFA and fired players in TC will help us fill holes.

BL - this is a team on the way up. Dan Snyder is not part of the team decisions. The team will only be average this season but within two seasons we will be a contender. Not just in the Spring, not “off the field” but during the regular season.
The Redskins are coming back.

What flavor are you drinking? Pass me some please. I like fruit punch.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 09:19 AM   #10
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
LOL luckily I haven't drank any in a few yrs, pretty much since Kirk left.
Old 04-28-2020, 10:07 AM   #11
Giantone
Gamebreaker

CY is for real ,he is going to be a great player. Hopefully the Giants drafted with him in mind !
Old 04-28-2020, 01:11 PM   #12
Warthog
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post

I’m predicting the Redskins will be 8-8 this season and I’m drinking the koolaid? Lol. I’ll talk to you at the end of the season. I think the defense will progress to the top ten or so based mostly on the new coaches this season and some on Chase and a lot of other good players who were mismanaged. The offense is more a work in progress and will take more time.

Manusky has never been able to get his defenses out of the bottom quarter of the NFL , no matter WHO he had playing for him. Is he a defensive coordinator for another team now? No - because he just keeps repeating his record. Jack Del Rio and Rivera have taken trash defenses and brought them to the top. Not because of a massive infusion of new, great players but because they are successful coaches, motivators and teachers.

Another factor: Bruce Allen isn’t making personnel and team decisions and neither is Snyder. I look at Kyle Smith as an excellent evaluator of personnel, another HUGE change m.

If you think predicting a team will be .500 is koolaid drinking, then I’ll take mine in Guinness flavor!

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 01:31 PM   #13
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
I’m predicting the Redskins will be 8-8 this season and I’m drinking the koolaid? Lol. I’ll talk to you at the end of the season. I think the defense will progress to the top ten or so based mostly on the new coaches this season and some on Chase and a lot of other good players who were mismanaged. The offense is more a work in progress and will take more time.

Manusky has never been able to get his defenses out of the bottom quarter of the NFL , no matter WHO he had playing for him. Is he a defensive coordinator for another team now? No - because he just keeps repeating his record. Jack Del Rio and Rivera have taken trash defenses and brought them to the top. Not because of a massive infusion of new, great players but because they are successful coaches, motivators and teachers.

Another factor: Bruce Allen isn’t making personnel and team decisions and neither is Snyder. I look at Kyle Smith as an excellent evaluator of personnel, another HUGE change m.

If you think predicting a team will be .500 is koolaid drinking, then I’ll take mine in Guinness flavor!

This team with a weaker personnel could have been in the playoffs 3-4 years, injuries prevented from happening. The only ? are Haskins development and LT, I think will be fine since we are loaded with young talent and would not be surprised to see us in the playoffs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote