Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Josh Rosen Trade Rumors: Redskins Have 'Openly' Discussed QB If Made Available

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Should the Redskins trade for Josh Rosen?
Yes 35 64.81%
No 19 35.19%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-06-2019, 10:58 AM   #1
Schneed10
A Dude

Re: Josh Rosen Trade Rumors: Redskins Have 'Openly' Discussed QB If Made Available

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
I don't think NE is a serious destination for Rosen and I really don't believe the Giants are looking at QB this year either, it's pretty much the Skins at this point and that is huge for negotiating a deal in our favor. I'd imagine right away on March 13 you will see the trade official. Rosen to Washington for the 46th pick (2nd rd) and I'd be ok with that.
Giants are definitely looking at QB this year.
Old 03-06-2019, 08:46 PM   #2
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Re: Josh Rosen Trade Rumors: Redskins Have 'Openly' Discussed QB If Made Available

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Giants are definitely looking at QB this year.
........in the draft maybe but not Rosen. I still think that a trade between the Steelers and the Cards could happen. Rosen goes to the Steelers and 2020 2020 #4 and the Cards get AB and draft Murray.
Old 03-06-2019, 12:12 PM   #3
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
It's also entirely possible Rosen's already been traded. You would think the Schefters of the world would know if he was. But teams aren't allowed to announce trades until March 13, the start of the new league year.

The Cards and Skins, or the Cards and Giants, or the Cards and Patriots may already have a deal in place for Rosen and we're all just waiting on bated breath for word.

The media has an incentive to keep everyone hanging on the cliff, too. They like the clicks and views from those who want to refresh the news every 15 minutes. I'm sure baseball media loved the clicks and views that came from the Harper saga.

There are tin foil hat conspiracy theories, and then there are theories where monetary incentives align. I think it's entirely possible a Rosen deal is already done.
I'm pretty sure that if a Cards and Patriots trade happened, it'd be a ridiculously in favor of the Pats. I really wish NFL teams would stop trading with them.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 01:12 PM   #4
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
It's also entirely possible Rosen's already been traded. You would think the Schefters of the world would know if he was. But teams aren't allowed to announce trades until March 13, the start of the new league year.

The Cards and Skins, or the Cards and Giants, or the Cards and Patriots may already have a deal in place for Rosen and we're all just waiting on bated breath for word.

The media has an incentive to keep everyone hanging on the cliff, too. They like the clicks and views from those who want to refresh the news every 15 minutes. I'm sure baseball media loved the clicks and views that came from the Harper saga.

There are tin foil hat conspiracy theories, and then there are theories where monetary incentives align. I think it's entirely possible a Rosen deal is already done.

As someone who has worked in media for over 20 years this is so spot on. The media companies have to pay the bills and that means keeping the advertisers happy.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 07:25 PM   #5
rocnrik
Playmaker

I keep hearing ..I hope we don’t do something desperate involving a QB...fact is we are desperate! Maybe the worst QB situation in the league. McCoy and JJ is all we got and a lot of you said during the few games that JJ played that he didn’t belong on a roster that he was terrible. So yea I believe we are desperate . What makes the Rosen deal a good choice is his salary.. the deal I believe will be we get Rosen and there 33 pick for our number 15 and maybe our 3rd round . This team is due for some good luck and I can see Rosen May have a huge upside and if moving down 18 picks gets us a possible franchise QB then do it!
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 08:20 PM   #6
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

I can't remember a single time in history where a bidding war hasn't worked out for the team who won the war.

Hope the Cards get a good haul out of the sucker.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 09:21 PM   #7
rocnrik
Playmaker

Either way we screw if up... watch Rosen go to another team and tear it up!!while we over reach in draft and pick a qb that is third rnd talent with number 15 pick!! That is my fear..
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 01:11 AM   #8
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
Either way we screw if up... watch Rosen go to another team and tear it up!!while we over reach in draft and pick a qb that is third rnd talent with number 15 pick!! That is my fear..
There is no right answer for us. And our history for the last 25 years or so, says no matter what happens, it doesn't work out for us.

Gun to my head I want Lock in the 1st and a receiver/edge player in the 2nd/3rd in either order. And a starting LG with our 3rd comp pick.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 01:26 AM   #9
BigSKINBauer
Pro Bowl

This would be the first QB decision I've liked since 2012....errr probably my entire fan-life (2002)

Obviously assuming its not our first rounder, and it won't be.
BigSKINBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 09:10 AM   #10
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Article about the trouble with Josh Rosen:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/03/06/jo...als-2019-draft
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 12:38 PM   #11
Meks
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
Article about the trouble with Josh Rosen:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/03/06/jo...als-2019-draft
Sounds like he'd fit in just fine in D.C. 😂😂
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 01:16 PM   #12
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/03/07/jo..._medium=social
Old 03-07-2019, 01:30 PM   #13
httr198020
Special Teams

That would be a good trade. Rosen is a very accurate passer.
httr198020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 01:57 PM   #14
SkinsGuru
Impact Rookie

i'd be all for Rosen . . . people are saying a 2nd at the highest for Rosen . . . question . . . if Rosen is as good as the top 3 in this years draft, that means he would be taken in the top 15 most likely . . . so why is he not worthy of the 15th pick? he is still very young, and has a year of NFL experience to build on which none of this years QB's have . . . i live in AZ . . . Rosen showed some impressive stuff at times and was behind an o-line that was PUTRID at best . . . he had horrible offensive play calling . . . just think, that offense made Bradford, who was outstanding in Minnesota look like one of the worse QB's to ever put on a pair of cleats . . . Rosen was FAR FAR FAR better than Bradford was . . . i think he has a TON of upside and would be very happy to get him, even for the 1st round pick . . . if we can get him cheaper, that would be awesome!!! . . . he actually played a ton better than his stats and i seen every game he played . . . if the Skins could get him for a 2nd or 3rd and could fill LG and get a WR, he would be really good here!!
SkinsGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 03:07 PM   #15
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

He fits the system better than Kirk for the fact that he's a more gifted thrower, and is just as accurate. It's a perfect match and needs to happen