Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Why moving on from Bruce Allen this year is pivotal to the future of the franchise.

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-28-2019, 04:03 PM   #1
OmahaRedskins
Impact Rookie

Re: Why moving on from Bruce Allen this year is pivotal to the future of the franchise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
The fact Dan is doing the head coaching search and not a GM search is not good at all. The fact Bruce is likely to remain is fucking the most unimaginable disaster facing this franchise for more years to come.

I don’t care who the skins hire as HC because Bruce remains and Dan is making the choice...it’s the worst possible scenario as fans.
Only a few people know what Dan is going to do, and nobody on this board or reporting on the team knows. The fact that Bruce is not leading the charge on finding a new coach is promising. What will be telling is who makes the announcements on Monday. That may give us some insight on the GM role.
OmahaRedskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 04:17 PM   #2
OmahaRedskins
Impact Rookie

Re: Why moving on from Bruce Allen this year is pivotal to the future of the franchise.

ESPN is now reporting River Boat Ron is the primary candidate.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...idate-redskins
OmahaRedskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 06:35 PM   #3
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmahaRedskins View Post
ESPN is now reporting River Boat Ron is the primary candidate.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...idate-redskins
I feel like here's the scenario assuming the reports of Bruce being out of football ops are true.

Bruce reassigned to business ops management (I'd prefer him out entirely but am willing to settle for that).

Dan and his advisors have settled on Kyle Smith or some unknown name as GM. Maybe Eric Schaeffer for team prez?

Doug Williams stays (I disagree with this move based on Doug's comments from signing Landon Collins that they didn't take scheme into account)

Riverboat Ron as HC (not my first choice, Bienemy is looking good and I would even prefer KOC to get it over him). But if it's Rivera or Marvin Lewis as HC I'm taking Ron every day.

Hopefully Dan has learned enough to let the HC pick his own staff. And if Ron hires some crap retread as DC I will blow up.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 08:22 PM   #4
SkinzWin
Playmaker

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington...all-ops-monday

Per source: B Al out of the football operations game by Monday.
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Team Heinicke Fan Club
punch it in - CEO
SkinzWin - President
FrenchSkin - VP of Global Operations
ODUsmitty - Director of Cheerleader Fulfillment
Meks - Director of Marketing
SkinzWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 08:49 PM   #5
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

So question, who is making these choices with hc? And why isn’t the front office involved? This is a serious fuckin issue folks.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 09:05 PM   #6
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
So question, who is making these choices with hc? And why isn’t the front office involved? This is a serious fuckin issue folks.
Danny’s independent think tank.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 03:50 PM   #7
dej733
Camp Scrub

Per JP Finlay

Big nugget from Les here - his source says Urban Meyer could become Redskins exec. Don’t think that’s been reported elsewhere
dej733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 04:31 PM   #8
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dej733 View Post
Per JP Finlay

Big nugget from Les here - his source says Urban Meyer could become Redskins exec. Don’t think that’s been reported elsewhere
Does nothing for me. Would just be a PR hire.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 08:12 PM   #9
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://mobile.twitter.com/PeteHaile...49795572838406

Wow...telling

He Gets Us
Old 12-30-2019, 09:33 AM   #10
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:

Keep walking Douche bag....
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 08:29 PM   #11
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Alex Smith is 100% getting a FO job
Old 12-29-2019, 08:36 PM   #12
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
That video is amazing...Bruce and Dan don’t even acknowledge each other...Bruce just walks right past him.

Alex has replaced Bruce as Dan’s bestie.

He Gets Us
Old 12-29-2019, 08:39 PM   #13
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
That video is amazing...Bruce and Dan don’t even acknowledge each other...Bruce just walks right past him.

Alex has replaced Bruce as Dan’s bestie.
The red armband on the black jacket is not a good look for Dan. Kinda reminds me of some historical uniform that also wore a certain armband lol. Where is Dan getting his fashion advice from?

Also, if they're not on speaking terms, I'm 1000% on the "this is not gonna be a pretty exit for Bruce" team. It's the kind where Dan says take a demotion, Bruce says no and quits completely (I'm fine with this, he doesn't need Bruce to get a stadium built).

If they were on speaking terms and Bruce was ok stepping down from football ops I think they'd at least be on cordial speaking terms.
Old 12-29-2019, 08:38 PM   #14
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Somebody smarter (Schneed where you at?) correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think it'd be feasible for Alex Smith to retire and take a FO job with the Skins that would allow his cap hit to be reduced. I.E. he'd still count 20 mil against the cap and then we'd also have to sign him to a FO contract where he makes money on top of that.

If that's the case you just put him on the disability list, pay his roster salary and he hangs out with Dan as an advisor. Then next year he can retire or we cut him.
Old 12-29-2019, 10:27 PM   #15
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Somebody smarter (Schneed where you at?) correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think it'd be feasible for Alex Smith to retire and take a FO job with the Skins that would allow his cap hit to be reduced. I.E. he'd still count 20 mil against the cap and then we'd also have to sign him to a FO contract where he makes money on top of that.

If that's the case you just put him on the disability list, pay his roster salary and he hangs out with Dan as an advisor. Then next year he can retire or we cut him.
I'm in no way claiming to be smarter, but i believe (and i could be 100% wrong)if Alex Smith retires, we get the signing bonus back against the cap, then potentially Dan/Bruce/whoever could potentially add a big bonus on his front office contract to make up the difference to Alex...