Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Redskins Free Agency Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 03-13-2019, 05:20 PM   #106
bigant
Special Teams

Re: Redskins Free Agency Thread

I would like to sigh ha ha Dix ,but wow!we have absolutely no wide receivers on the team ,Harris is free to talk to other teams and he is supposing, crowder is gone ,we gave doctson who is so/so at best Quinn who i think will be decent but who don't know for sure and Richardson who is good when healthy after that nothing wow we need tons of help here like to see us sign a decent free agent and draft a wr in the first three rounds
bigant is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-13-2019, 05:40 PM   #107
Defensewins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by harriet33 View Post
He was terrible last year...GB was lucky to get rid of him. No ball skills, can't tackle, and doesn't want to hit. Hard to understand how he gets all this positive hype. I would rate him one of the worst FS out there. I'd take my chances with a late round pick before him.
Yes he was.
Just to give a little history of HaHa Clniton Dix in Green Bay, because he was a huge disappointment to GB and became a bad influence in the locker room. This came from the DairyLand Express Sport article before Green Bay traded him to us:

"Clinton-Dix, who recently said he doesn’t think he’ll be back in Green Bay next season, has been in a downward spiral over the past two seasons. He consistently plays out of control, doesn’t want to tackle anybody and is often out of position in pass coverage which leads to wide open players in the end zone..... That type of individual mindset is absolutely horrible for the locker room and something the Packers tried to get rid of when they traded Damarius Randall in the offseason. With free agency obviously on the forefront of Clinton-Dix’ mind, the Packers should make the move first and trade him.
Unfortunately, that’s easier said than done and the Packers’ front office would have to work hard to find a suitable trade partner. For one, they are likely to get a fourth round compensation pick if he walks via free agency so that’s the lowest bar they should set."

Well we got him for a fourth.
He has a history of bad play and being bad locker room guy. Why do we want to pay a guy like that?
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 06:46 PM   #108
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigant View Post
I would like to sigh ha ha Dix ,but wow!we have absolutely no wide receivers on the team ,Harris is free to talk to other teams and he is supposing, crowder is gone ,we gave doctson who is so/so at best Quinn who i think will be decent but who don't know for sure and Richardson who is good when healthy after that nothing wow we need tons of help here like to see us sign a decent free agent and draft a wr in the first three rounds
Hollywood brown or Hakeem Butler at 15
Old 03-13-2019, 06:46 PM   #109
MTK
\m/

Here's the breakdown on running back Adrian Peterson's contract: He'll receive $1.5 million to sign with a $1.03 million base salary. In 2020, Peterson will have a $2.25 million base salary with up to $250,000 in bonuses for being on the 46-man roster. Peterson has $1.5 million in incentives each season. A lot of that will depend on the health -- and subsequent role -- of running back Derrius Guice, coming off a torn ACL. It's a good deal for a 34-year-old back because it reflects Peterson's possible role; he'll be paid accordingly if he's a backup or as a starter because of the incentives.

John Keim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-13-2019, 07:18 PM   #110
Randall Nestor
Special Teams

I appreciate what peterson did last year, but I think we should have found another RB in the draft. I think he is average at best and we could find a RB in the draft that would be better than a 34 year old RB. The one thing that I do like is he will be a good mentor for Guice.
Randall Nestor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 07:25 PM   #111
Irrefutable
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Nestor View Post
I appreciate what peterson did last year, but I think we should have found another RB in the draft. I think he is average at best and we could find a RB in the draft that would be better than a 34 year old RB. The one thing that I do like is he will be a good mentor for Guice.
It looks like a small one year contact for Peterson. A very small cap hit if he is cut in 2020. I would rather have one vet, than two rookies, plus Thompson.
Irrefutable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 07:28 PM   #112
sandtrapjack
The Starter

RE: Peterson.

I think you guys are right where you want to be with the RB position. A highly touted prospect in Guice, and a future HOF in Peterson to back up and come on on third downs.

8 in the box all year long. If Keenum cannot succeed with that, he needs to go to barber college.
sandtrapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 07:33 PM   #113
Randall Nestor
Special Teams

Tevin Coleman signs a deal for I believe 2 years 10 million. I would have taken that, he can play.
Randall Nestor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 07:39 PM   #114
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Here's the breakdown on running back Adrian Peterson's contract: He'll receive $1.5 million to sign with a $1.03 million base salary. In 2020, Peterson will have a $2.25 million base salary with up to $250,000 in bonuses for being on the 46-man roster. Peterson has $1.5 million in incentives each season. A lot of that will depend on the health -- and subsequent role -- of running back Derrius Guice, coming off a torn ACL. It's a good deal for a 34-year-old back because it reflects Peterson's possible role; he'll be paid accordingly if he's a backup or as a starter because of the incentives.

John Keim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Beautiful, $2.5M cap hit. I co-sign this.
Old 03-13-2019, 08:02 PM   #115
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

How many fingers does Bruce have cause way too holes in the dam right now.

Guard, pass rusher, WR, safety, oline depth.

Water rising quick

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 08:06 PM   #116
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
How many fingers does Bruce have cause way too holes in the dam right now.

Guard, pass rusher, WR, safety, oline depth.

Water rising quick
Edge and WR have to be top 2 picks then G
Old 03-13-2019, 10:19 PM   #117
rocnrik
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtrapjack View Post
RE: Peterson.

I think you guys are right where you want to be with the RB position. A highly touted prospect in Guice, and a future HOF in Peterson to back up and come on on third downs.

8 in the box all year long. If Keenum cannot succeed with that, he needs to go to barber college.
Who the hell is keenum gonna throw it to?? We have the worst WR group in the league! There are college teams with better Wideouts than us..without adding a stud receiver keenum has no chance .. I don’t want to hear about Doctson.. he ain’t done nothing. I hope we pick up some help !! I would draft WR ,TE, OL , edge rusher with top 4 picks ..
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 10:57 PM   #118
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Edge and WR have to be top 2 picks then G
Which position has been the weakest for the Redskins? G, WR or OLB? All 3? Actually the biggest hole has been G as we saw when Scherff went down, Williams was in and out, Morgan inconsistent. My prediction is they trade down, get Cody Ford if he's there, with the extra pick hopefully in the 2nd round they either get a WR or OLB. First 3 picks will be a combination of those 3 positions and in the 3rd round if Ryan Finley or Brett Rypien are there QB would be it.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 12:54 AM   #119
Irrefutable
The Starter

Rumored trade for AJ Green

https://twitter.com/WillBPhotoArt/st...44946027630594

https://twitter.com/RedskinsCult/sta...35251648839680

https://nfltraderumors.co/redskins-l...-trade-market/

Who knows?
Irrefutable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 02:41 AM   #120
Ruhskins
Living Legend

You do realize the first tweet is fake, right?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote